The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

how will liverpool tv spin this weekend tonight on bbc2?

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The GAA

sorry - match of the day they're calling it ithink.

under the bar

Have to say Carragher on sky looked as sick as a parrot.     Wears his heart on his sleeve too much for punditry involving his own teams title challenge.  Fair play to him for turning up tho.

Jamie Redknapp giving him a consoling "I feel your pain" pat on the leg at the end was hilarious.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: milltown row on January 11, 2009, 05:31:47 PM
the leagues over for another year

You have to be taking the piss  ??? No one could be that stupid to make that sort of comment.....could they?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

dodo

Quote from: under the bar on January 11, 2009, 08:41:02 PM
Have to say Carragher on sky looked as sick as a parrot.     Wears his heart on his sleeve too much for punditry involving his own teams title challenge.  Fair play to him for turning up tho.

Jamie Redknapp giving him a consoling "I feel your pain" pat on the leg at the end was hilarious.

Yep, sick as a parrot on Boxing day after a few pies washed down with an 'alf of bitter.......cheers mate.......GSTQ

Armamike

Dire performance yesterday. Forget about the platitudes towards plucky Stoke and their hard work ethic etc etc. A team sitting at the top of the league with Liverpool's resources and ambitions should be beating the likes of Stoke, end of. The result was nearly a forgone conclusion before the first whistle was blew given Liverpool's line up for the game. That was the same formation and line up more or less as at the drawn game against Hull a couple of weeks back, with the same sort of huff and puff, toothless performance. Plain as day yesterday what way the game was heading, after the first 20 mins.  Very frustrating that the formation and personnel weren't changed at half time.  Just weren't able to get enough bodies into the box.  I wouldn't fancy Liverpool to win games against anyone with Kuyt up front on his own. Well done to Stoke for closing Gerard down. Ever since the Newcastle game i've been expecting teams to put a man marker on him.  It's really amazing that Liverpool have been able to top the table with players like Benayoun and Lucas about the place. How bad was Lucas? The likes of Babel coming on and running down cul de sacs doesn't inspire much either.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Minder on January 11, 2009, 07:56:51 PM
I wonder about some of the clowns on here, any of you that think what Benitez said on Friday had any direct impact on yesterdays result or todays need to maybe follow a different sport. Do you think the United players were bouncing off the walls in the changing romms screaming "lets show that fat Spanish ****" ? It just does not work like that, teams at the top level and United in particular are highly self motivated for each game & especially for a game of todays magnitude, regardless of press conferences...........
I bet you they were and I also bet Fergie lead the choir.  You must have no insight into how sportsmen at the highest level work if you really believe that, anything that can be used for extra motivation will always be used by top class coaches regardless of the sport.  If they can find any small thing to squeeze a little more commitment or effort they will use it.  I do not expect Liverpool fans to admit Rafa fucked up as it is your duty to be loyal, but as someone who has no regard for Utd or Liverpool (as close to objective as I can), it was a massive PR own goal. Anyway I am off to Duffy's circus to join the rest of the clowns from here, maybe there might be a few Liverpool clowns there too though as they are bound to have red faces tonight.

corn02

Quote from: under the bar on January 11, 2009, 08:41:02 PM

Agreed, but he is nota pundit so.... What odds are United now UTB?

A lot of games to be played yet, interesting times.

corn02

Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 11, 2009, 11:03:53 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 11, 2009, 07:56:51 PM
I wonder about some of the clowns on here, any of you that think what Benitez said on Friday had any direct impact on yesterdays result or todays need to maybe follow a different sport. Do you think the United players were bouncing off the walls in the changing romms screaming "lets show that fat Spanish ****" ? It just does not work like that, teams at the top level and United in particular are highly self motivated for each game & especially for a game of todays magnitude, regardless of press conferences...........
I bet you they were and I also bet Fergie lead the choir.  You must have no insight into how sportsmen at the highest level work if you really believe that, anything that can be used for extra motivation will always be used by top class coaches regardless of the sport.  If they can find any small thing to squeeze a little more commitment or effort they will use it.  I do not expect Liverpool fans to admit Rafa fucked up as it is your duty to be loyal, but as someone who has no regard for Utd or Liverpool (as close to objective as I can), it was a massive PR own goal. Anyway I am off to Duffy's circus to join the rest of the clowns from here, maybe there might be a few Liverpool clowns there too though as they are bound to have red faces tonight.

You on the ale?

Did Rafa's 'rant' make Chelsea defend like shit at a conrer etc,etc. By the way the move involving the disallowed goal was class, the Pool done that in a European match a few years back with Baros, ref stopped it too.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Armamike on January 11, 2009, 11:01:08 PM
Dire performance yesterday. Forget about the platitudes towards plucky Stoke and their hard work ethic etc etc. A team sitting at the top of the league with Liverpool's resources and ambitions should be beating the likes of Stoke, end of. The result was nearly a forgone conclusion before the first whistle was blew given Liverpool's line up for the game. That was the same formation and line up more or less as at the drawn game against Hull a couple of weeks back, with the same sort of huff and puff, toothless performance. Plain as day yesterday what way the game was heading, after the first 20 mins.  Very frustrating that the formation and personnel weren't changed at half time.  Just weren't able to get enough bodies into the box.  I wouldn't fancy Liverpool to win games against anyone with Kuyt up front on his own. Well done to Stoke for closing Gerard down. Ever since the Newcastle game i've been expecting teams to put a man marker on him.  It's really amazing that Liverpool have been able to top the table with players like Benayoun and Lucas about the place. How bad was Lucas? The likes of Babel coming on and running down cul de sacs doesn't inspire much either.

Well said I would agree with all of that,though some here think making a subsitution or changing the formation wasn't going to make any difference  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 11, 2009, 11:08:05 PM
Quote from: Armamike on January 11, 2009, 11:01:08 PM

Laoislad, just interested when you asked how Kuyt stayed on the field? What exaxtly did he do that was so bad, he was living off scraps and done ok with what he got and forced the keeper into a good save. Often he was on his own in the box against three big men when the ball was being lumped to him, we saw it from Torres too - if you dont have the support from Gerrard etc, it is a near impossible job.

As for Lucas, terrible performance, but was Mascherano much better? Alonso was the big loss yesterday.

Well said I would agree with all of that,though some here think making a subsitution or changing the formation wasn't going to make any difference  ::)

Armamike

Personally speaking as a Liverpool supporter i cringed on Friday when i read about Benitez's comments on Ferguson.  I just thought he didn't need to do it. In recent years Wenger and Mourinho were quite good at putting him in his place with a one liner put down.  I can remember Dalglish and Ferguson going head to head in the late 80s. Ferguson would have a rant around some shite about visting teams never getting a decision at Anfield - Dalglish would just laugh it off and say that he was rambling or that his youngest kid talked more sense. That just wound Ferguson up more, and was the best way to respond to him IMO, i.e. don't waste any time or energy on the bollix.

Armamike

Corn - Kuyt's not quick enough or physically powerful enough to play that role on his own. The only player who can play that role for Liverpool is Torres. Gerard wasn't getting into the game at all, due to the lack of space. With Mascherano and Lucas having stinkers, it was disappointing that Benetiz didn't take the opportunity to switch things around, i.e. with one of those two coming off and Gerard dropping back. 

corn02

Quote from: Armamike on January 11, 2009, 11:33:00 PM
Corn - Kuyt's not quick enough or physically powerful enough to play that role on his own. The only player who can play that role for Liverpool is Torres. Gerard wasn't getting into the game at all, due to the lack of space. With Mascherano and Lucas having stinkers, it was disappointing that Benetiz didn't take the opportunity to switch things around, i.e. with one of those two coming off and Gerard dropping back. 

Yeah possibly, I am not suggesting Kuyt ahead of Torres by the way, he was proabbly not 100% to start and if you are not 100%, you won't start under Rafa.

Keane would have been lost last night against three men. Kuyt wins plenty of headers against defences and is quite strong but Keane would not have been. The derby is massive now, we blew a big chance yesterday.