The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

In Rafa we trust :D

Seriously, the selection, tactics & substitutions are going to cost the scousers

Over the Bar

Gerrard was also pretty anonymous yesterday in midfield.  Looked like his mind was already in Wormwood Scrubs!

corn02

Quote from: AFS on January 10, 2009, 08:04:30 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 10, 2009, 07:41:36 PM
We can expect the usual Rafa cracked bullshit from the press. A terrible performance that even if Rafa took out an effigy of Ferguson and pissed on it, it would be hard to imagine the players playing worse.

Re: One striker. It is not one striker it is one striker with Gerrard playing off it. We scored five times using it in our last match. Fair play to Stoke they deserved the points.

It does appear that this is the case though. Ask yourself, but take your 'I love Rafa' t-shirt off first, is it a coincidence that the day after Benitez goes off on an unprecedented rant/ justified monologue, which gets splashed all over the press, his team put in their worst performance of the season?  :-\

Yes, yes it is. They were terrible and there is no way that performance was related to the press conference.

milltown row

J70

Quote from: milltown row on January 11, 2009, 05:31:47 PM
the leagues over for another year

Get a grip. Yes, United will be probably be top by the time Liverpool play Everton and will be hot favourites for the league, but its not even the middle of January yet. This isn't other years when Liverpool were 15 points adrift at this point, while, impressive as United were today, they've struggled for consistent form over the past couple of months too. Its been a bad weekend for Liverpool for sure, but they're still in a very strong position.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: J70 on January 11, 2009, 06:03:31 PM
Quote from: milltown row on January 11, 2009, 05:31:47 PM
the leagues over for another year

Get a grip. Yes, United will be probably be top by the time Liverpool play Everton and will be hot favourites for the league, but its not even the middle of January yet. This isn't other years when Liverpool were 15 points adrift at this point, while, impressive as United were today, they've struggled for consistent form over the past couple of months too. Its been a bad weekend for Liverpool for sure, but they're still in a very strong position.

In a better position than Chelsea anyway. Hopefully when they come to Anfield in a few weeks they roll over that easily. Never tried a leg today once they went behind.

milltown row

yes a very good position, Raffa was outstanding for Utd

nrico2006

QuoteGet a grip. Yes, United will be probably be top by the time Liverpool play Everton and will be hot favourites for the league, but its not even the middle of January yet. This isn't other years when Liverpool were 15 points adrift at this point, while, impressive as United were today, they've struggled for consistent form over the past couple of months too. Its been a bad weekend for Liverpool for sure, but they're still in a very strong position.

United have been improving of late and have conceded very little and chalked up a number of wins in the league without being spectacular.  Benitez's rant couldn't have helped Liverpool yesterday, although I'm sure some will beg to differ. 

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Rafa can really inspire a team to a win, his speach really gets the team up to go out and prove themselves to be the best. Just a pity it is not his own team :D In rafa we trust :D :D Great weekend altogether ;)

EC Unique

J70

You have to laugh at the stuff they come up with on F365 (even if you're a Liverpool supporter) :D

Minder

I wonder about some of the clowns on here, any of you that think what Benitez said on Friday had any direct impact on yesterdays result or todays need to maybe follow a different sport. Do you think the United players were bouncing off the walls in the changing romms screaming "lets show that fat Spanish ****" ? It just does not work like that, teams at the top level and United in particular are highly self motivated for each game & especially for a game of todays magnitude, regardless of press conferences...........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Quote from: Minder on January 11, 2009, 07:56:51 PM
I wonder about some of the clowns on here, any of you that think what Benitez said on Friday had any direct impact on yesterdays result or todays need to maybe follow a different sport. Do you think the United players were bouncing off the walls in the changing romms screaming "lets show that fat Spanish ****" ? It just does not work like that, teams at the top level and United in particular are highly self motivated for each game & especially for a game of todays magnitude, regardless of press conferences...........

You're wasting your breath.

Minder

Quote from: J70 on January 11, 2009, 08:01:55 PM

You're wasting your breath.

I wasnt gonna bother posting as i realise that. In fairness its the usual suspects, anyone with a bit of wit seems to have a decent grasp of it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

No but we said last Friday that unless Liverpool won the pundits and media will all be proclaiming Ferguson the Jedi Master of mind games once again and how the Obi Wan Kenobi of Old Trafford made a monkey out of Padawan Benitez.

If you come out in the press like that you better make sure you win because they will be on his back now and even further up Ginsoak's derriere.