The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slow corner back

Good to see Rafa didnt get distracted this week and kept all the focus on the important three points at Stoke. Basically Utd and Chelsea get a free dig at each other tomorrow as loosing only one point Liverpool this weekend is not a disaster and whichever team wins will really fancy their chances of lifting the league.

corn02

We can expect the usual Rafa cracked bullshit from the press. A terrible performance that even if Rafa took out an effigy of Ferguson and pissed on it, it would be hard to imagine the players playing worse.

Re: One striker. It is not one striker it is one striker with Gerrard playing off it. We scored five times using it in our last match. Fair play to Stoke they deserved the points.

Carmen Stateside

And as for Lucas, how poor was he! Alonso  proving to be vital to this team!
Gerrard is not a striker, plus Newcastle were nowhere near as orginised and as hungry as Stoke!
Poor performance, Rafa going to have to take more chances if he wants to win this league.

The Real Laoislad

f**king pathetic
Why was Lucas and Kuyt left on the pitch? Even Gerrard was awful,The game was crying out for Robbie Keane imho,even when Torres came on the played the same formation.
If Rafa has some grudge against Keane he would wanna get over it fast,Kuyt is not good enough to play as a lone striker and never will be.
Babel was his normal brutal self when he came on,Mash kept giving the ball away,Jesus I felt like putting my foot through the telly at times
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

In fairness United were within 5 minutes of drawing 0-0 at Stoke too so they do make it very difficult for teams. Still to drop 4 points to a team that will probably still get relegated is just not good enough.

Really was as bad a display as I can remember. United won that game at Stoke because Ferguson took a chance and threw on all his attackers and they managed to nick a winner at the end that they didn't really deserve. Just wish Rafa would take more of a chance. You're trying to win a league here after all. Leaving Keane sitting on the bench when you're looking for a goal just befuddles me. Throw him on for the last 10 minutes and see what happens.

Really seem to miss Alonso this season when he doesn't play as well. He keeps the ball moving and if he isn't playing it usually means Lucas is.

AFS

Quote from: corn02 on January 10, 2009, 07:41:36 PM
We can expect the usual Rafa cracked bullshit from the press. A terrible performance that even if Rafa took out an effigy of Ferguson and pissed on it, it would be hard to imagine the players playing worse.

Re: One striker. It is not one striker it is one striker with Gerrard playing off it. We scored five times using it in our last match. Fair play to Stoke they deserved the points.

It does appear that this is the case though. Ask yourself, but take your 'I love Rafa' t-shirt off first, is it a coincidence that the day after Benitez goes off on an unprecedented rant/ justified monologue, which gets splashed all over the press, his team put in their worst performance of the season?  :-\

Stalin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 10, 2009, 07:54:18 PM
f**king pathetic
Why was Lucas and Kuyt left on the pitch? Even Gerrard was awful,The game was crying out for Robbie Keane imho,even when Torres came on the played the same formation.
If Rafa has some grudge against Keane he would wanna get over it fast,Kuyt is not good enough to play as a lone striker and never will be.
Babel was his normal brutal self when he came on,Mash kept giving the ball away,Jesus I felt like putting my foot through the telly at times

But Kuyt wasnt playing as a lone striker? What exactly would Keane have done? Waved his finger at the ref a few times and made a hash of any opportunities that came his way?

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

J70

Quote from: AFS on January 10, 2009, 08:04:30 PM

It does appear that this is the case though. Ask yourself, but take your 'I love Rafa' t-shirt off first, is it a coincidence that the day after Benitez goes off on an unprecedented rant/ justified monologue, which gets splashed all over the press, his team put in their worst performance of the season?  :-\

So you are saying that if he hadn't done that, they would have played better and won the game? Have you been watching them this season? There have been plenty of matches where they have been damn close to if not as poor as they were today, except that they got late winners (remember the first month of the season when they were shite, but still winning?). They weren't too hot against Fulham or Hull at home either. Its a little bit simplistic to blame that performance on Rafa's press conference. This fixture was always going to be a very tough one.

J70

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 10, 2009, 07:54:18 PM
f**king pathetic

I thought Babel did all right in the short time he was on. He had one great run up the left where he won the free. I don't remember him screwing up either. He was about the least of Liverpool's worries today.

charlie stubbs

terrible inept performance.

dont know how we can be a threat with kuyt playing up front by himself, he couldnt trapa bag of cement and doesnt have the required pace to be a threat behind or doesnt give the midfield/defence an option of pass to.  

think riera is made a scape goat alot 2 which i disagree with.  he may not have been having his best game but he is the only natural wide player we have at minute in the squad, as benayoun runs across the pitch, babel runs inside and shoots (badly) and kuyt is never going beat a man and deliver a good cross.  to not score against stoke in 180 minutes is unforgiveable.  

alonso was a massive loss today.  his ability to take games by the scruff of the neck and dictate them was sorely missed 2day.  

was expecting to watch the game 2mara 6 points clear.  papers have a fielday 2mara on rafa, definately think he should have said nothing.  the fact whiskey nose is mentioning us is a clear indication that we are a genuine threat.  and if he doesnt believe it why should we give a f**k??

AFS

Quote from: J70 on January 10, 2009, 08:09:25 PM

So you are saying that if he hadn't done that, they would have played better and won the game? Have you been watching them this season? There have been plenty of matches where they have been damn close to if not as poor as they were today, except that they got late winners (remember the first month of the season when they were shite, but still winning?). They weren't too hot against Fulham or Hull at home either. Its a little bit simplistic to blame that performance on Rafa's press conference. This fixture was always going to be a very tough one.

Fair enough, but I think its reasonable to say that Rafa's (premeditated, said for a reason, etc  :D ) comments yesterday did not have their desired affect.

Stalin

Quote from: AFS on January 10, 2009, 08:29:05 PM

Fair enough, but I think its reasonable to say that Rafa's (premeditated, said for a reason, etc  :D ) comments yesterday did not have their desired affect.

His comments were mainly regarding Fergusons treatment of referees? Man Utd play tomorrow.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

AFS

Quote from: Stalin on January 10, 2009, 08:32:01 PM
Quote from: AFS on January 10, 2009, 08:29:05 PM

His comments were mainly regarding Fergusons treatment of referees? Man Utd play tomorrow.

Maybe the topic of his rant was about something else, but the attention it generated in the press was firmly focused on Rafa and his team.

EC Unique

Friday rafa comes out with the biggest pile of moaning crying bullshit of a rant I have ever heard a manager come out with then on Saturday he masterminds a 0-0 draw against a bottom of table team whilst leaving his 2 best strikers on the bench :D :D In rafa we trust indeed ;D

Minder

Lads if any of you think that "mind games" from any manager have an effect on matches you know as much about football as my arse does about shooting snipes. Liverpool were pish, as they have been on more than one occasion this year. Do you think when those players walk onto the pitch they are thinking "thon Rafa is a silly **** for taking on Mr Ferguson, i am creaming my nags".......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"