The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Good news on Alonso according to the Daily Mail. Just the cut and bad bruising, so he should miss only the Stoke game.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on January 06, 2009, 11:29:32 PM
Good news on Alonso according to the Daily Mail. Just the cut and bad bruising, so he should miss only the Stoke game.

The Stoke game is the biggest one of the season so far if you ask me..
Win that and with Man U and Chelsea playing each other on sunday and hopefully ending it ending in a draw we could stretch our lead on them both..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

FermGael

Is it true that Insua is away for a month with Argentina U-20's?
Thought i seen it last night on Sky Sports News  but there does not seem to be a mention of it this morning
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

flog the lot

Liverpool will be without the services of Emiliano Insua for the next month due to his participation in the Under-20 South American Championships with Argentina
The tournament runs from January 19 until February 8

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N162737090105-1428.htm

bingobus

Had a right shock in the post over the christmas. Received a letter from Liverpool FC with a card inside, looked at card and assumed that it was just an renewal of the fancard I previously had. Checked it later that day and thought it was strange as it called it a members card, had my name on it, issue number etc but then it got interesting. It had a seat number on it in the Upper centerary. Actual read the letter then and it made reference to Season ticket, terms & condition of your season ticket renewal etc. Was confused to say the least.

Checked with a few other fancard holders and they didn't receive anything.

Logged into my Fancard account on the official website and in the purchase history I have been allocated a season ticket (which is listed as paid for!), I also had received a ticket for the United game (also paid for) and then it listed the re-issue of the season card which I received.

I'm sure that they have allocated someone elses Season ticket to me in error and I'm expecting a letter any day. Trying to figure out to make work to my advantage. Does anyone know if they have changed the season ticket to a credit card type thing? I know some of the United ones work like that? Had used a Liverpool a few years ago and it was in a book form.

Carmen Stateside

A little bit from King Kenny  ;)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N162767090108-1004.htm

QuoteThe important thing now before every game is not so much to talk about the opposition, but to consider the benefits of winning the game. Every match is vitally important when you play for Liverpool and every match brings a new challenge – but the greatest challenge of all is to win and claim the three points.

Stoke have done well at home this season. They beat Arsenal and were unfortunate to lose to Manchester United recently. Of course they also took a point from Anfield earlier in the season so they may feel they know how to stop us, but we'll see on the day.

It's going to be such an exciting second half of the season and it's inevitable that the so-called mind games will begin. I notice it has started already with certain people in the game speculating that we won't last the distance.

All I would say is forget about these mind games and concentrate solely on what's going on around our own club. Whatever anybody else says is up to them but they won't get into the minds of anyone at Anfield, that's for sure. It may fill some column inches in the papers but it won't distract us. The more others speak about Liverpool then the more worried they are.

If people are talking about us then it shows the respect they have for the position we're in at this moment. Everybody in the league – without any exceptions – would much rather be in Liverpool's position than their own.

And that's a great thing to be able to say as we look forward to the second half of the season.

GalwayBayBoy

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: flog the lot on January 07, 2009, 08:46:02 AM
Liverpool will be without the services of Emiliano Insua for the next month due to his participation in the Under-20 South American Championships with Argentina
The tournament runs from January 19 until February 8

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N162737090105-1428.htm

Ah fecking Di Santo at that too.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gawa316

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 09, 2009, 06:37:01 AM
Ah fecking Di Santo at that too.

Aye feck he's a big loss alright...how will yis ever cope without him ???

corn02

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has launched a furious attack on Manchester United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson.
Benitez claims that Ferguson is "the only manager who will not be punished" for verbally attacking referees.
"We had a meeting about the respect campaign and I was very clear - forget about it, because Mr Ferguson is killing the referees," said Benitez.
Ferguson was given a two-game touchline ban and fined £10,000 in November for remonstrating with referee Mike Dean.
More to follow.

A bit disappointed. Always admired Rafa's calm compared to Ferguson's continuing mouthing off.

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

The GAA

full back

The pressure is starting to tell & its on January :D
Imagine poor Rafa if Liverpool stay in contention until April...............

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

flog the lot

Quote from: corn02 on January 09, 2009, 03:01:53 PM
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has launched a furious attack on Manchester United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson.
Benitez claims that Ferguson is "the only manager who will not be punished" for verbally attacking referees.
"We had a meeting about the respect campaign and I was very clear - forget about it, because Mr Ferguson is killing the referees," said Benitez.
Ferguson was given a two-game touchline ban and fined £10,000 in November for remonstrating with referee Mike Dean.
More to follow.

A bit disappointed. Always admired Rafa's calm compared to Ferguson's continuing mouthing off.

i'd say he has a reason behind this... it a big week for utd with 2 big games against chelsea and wigan who are on form...