The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Liverpool have released a statement categorically denying that Steven Gerrard discussed Robbie Keane's possible departure from the club with BBC Sport's Mark Lawrenson.

Liverpool's response to Lawrenson's statement read: 'Mark Lawrenson's remarks are his interpretation of a private chat between the two of them.

'They do not accurately reflect Steven's opinion of Robbie Keane and they certainly do not tally with Steven's recollection of the
conversation itself.'

As a result of Liverpool's statement Mark Lawrenson has spoken to the Daily Post, admitting that perhaps he may have skewed the conversation: 'I'm sorry if it caused any aggravation but it wasn't meant to. Steven Gerrard's name should never have come up in terms of Robbie Keane going in January. It wasn't Steven saying that it was me saying it.

'The only connection I was making between the two was that they have the same agent and I have had a hunch for a while that Keane could go.

'But that is my opinion and nothing whatsoever to do with any conversations I had with Steven Gerrard.

'I happened to mention I spoke to him on Saturday night but I didn't mean for that to come across in the way that it has been interpreted.

full back

Yeah yeah Lawro  ::)
A bit of backtracking there
Dont think he will be having many conversations with Liverpool players in the near future

supersarsfields

I would honestly hate to see McGeady come to Liverpool. He'd be no better than Pennant, Yossi etc yet Celtic would prob be holding out for a decent pay off for him.
Valencia might be a better option from Wigan and prob at a similar price.

Also I see Juve are sniffing round after Agger and Babel.

Minder

Would also hate to see Mc Geady coming, he isnt good enough for a top four team. A mid table Premier League team would be his level.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

full back

Mc Geady is the type of player Liverpool should be staying as far away from as possible

An above average player in Scotland, he will just be another squad member at Anfield & probably end up like Maloney, who once he realises he isnt good enough for thr PL will hot foot it back to Celtic

EC Unique

Jailed Liverpool fan Michael Shields has won an important battle at the High Court in London in his bid for a free pardon.

The 22-year-old is serving a 10-year sentence for the attempted murder of a barman in Bulgaria in 2005, but has always maintained his innocence.

High Court judges have ruled Justice Secretary Jack Straw has the power to issue a pardon to Shields.

Mr Straw previously insisted he does not have the power to free him.

Mr Straw said he would appoint senior counsel to advise him on whether to pardon Shields or not, in light of the High Court decision.

The Justice Secretary said the case had to be looked at very closely, alongside the implication it could have on cases of other British prisoners abroad.

Shields is currently serving the remainder of his sentence at Thorn Cross Young Offenders' Institute in Appleton Thorn in Warrington, Cheshire.

corn02

Will be interesting to see what happens now in the Shields case.

Totally agree with most on here, no way would I want McGeady near us. You would probably have to fork out about £6 million for his services too.

Coming near the end of the year and time for 2008 Liverpool supporters' thread poster of the year.

Standard has been high this year. Supersarsfields, Laoislad, Armamike have been good. Minder and Stevo-08 have been very good and BC, as usual, has been intillegent.

But for me, despite his hate of the Dirkmeister, AZ gets the nod.

Armamike

Good old Dirk has got a bit of stick the last few days. He has fans for and against. I don't think he's any better or worse than a number of forward players Liverpool have at the moment - the likes of Penant, Reira, Keane, Babel have all failed to really impress and nail down a starting place. Going back to previous seasons we had the likes of Bellamy, Garcia, Kewell, etc who fell short.  It's frustrating that the real quality up front needed to be the very best doesn't seem to be there. Hope i'm wrong obviously.

I was lucky enough to get chatting to David Johnston on Saturday night after the Hull game - bumped into him on a night out. How we could do now with a player of his ilk to poach a few goals!
That's just, like your opinion man.

heganboy

Quote from: Armamike on December 17, 2008, 10:00:22 PM
I was lucky enough to get chatting to David Johnston on Saturday night after the Hull game - bumped into him on a night out. How we could do now with a player of his ilk to poach a few goals!
surely at 57 hes over the hill....
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

stevo-08

Quote from: corn02 on December 17, 2008, 07:18:43 PM

Coming near the end of the year and time for 2008 Liverpool supporters' thread poster of the year.

Standard has been high this year. Supersarsfields, Laoislad, Armamike have been good. Minder and Stevo-08 have been very good and BC, as usual, has been intillegent.

But for me, despite his hate of the Dirkmeister, AZ gets the nod.

Yep, has been some very good debate here at times. Add in GalwayBayBoy, Hound, J70, Gawa, Chrisowc, and of course yourself corn02, to the list above and there's been a good mix of opinions on this thread. Have to say I've enjoyed Minder constantly winding up the Man U lads, so out of pure badness my vote goes to him.

Goats Do Shave

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.