The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

I think the lack of a break for some of the players is taking it's toll.  Hopefull Keane can stand up and make a proper go at scoring goals.  The weekend could be very important.  Chelsea could drop points against Arsenal and Citeh will give Manure a good strong test.  With the extra days break until Monday night, Liverpool could benefit a lot from this weekend, and they owe the Hammers a beating from last season.

mackers

Quote from: slow corner back on November 27, 2008, 08:26:20 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 27, 2008, 07:49:25 PM
FFS  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

QuoteFernando Torres and Fabio Aurelio both face short spells on the sidelines after picking up injuries against Marseille on Wednesday night.

Both players underwent scans at Melwood earlier today after picking up hamstring and calf strains respectively during the 1-0 Champions League victory.

A club spokesman confirmed: "Fernando has a strain in his right hamstring and will be out of action for between two and three weeks.

"Fabio has a calf strain in his left leg and will be out for two weeks."

Will Torres latest hamstring injury now be blamed on the spanish national sides medical team? If Benitez did less crying and got on with things he might engender some more goodwill from national managers
Why would Benetiz give a f**k about getting goodwill from national managers, and yes I would say that this is the same injury that he picked up on the Spanish trip which is flaring up again. Thought he looked out of sorts last night. Time for Keane to stand up and be counted...............
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

stevo-08

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 27, 2008, 07:49:25 PM
FFS  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

QuoteFernando Torres and Fabio Aurelio both face short spells on the sidelines after picking up injuries against Marseille on Wednesday night.

Both players underwent scans at Melwood earlier today after picking up hamstring and calf strains respectively during the 1-0 Champions League victory.

A club spokesman confirmed: "Fernando has a strain in his right hamstring and will be out of action for between two and three weeks.

"Fabio has a calf strain in his left leg and will be out for two weeks."

thats a feckin disaster. No torres for a few weeks and the prospect of seeing dossena don the red shirt again. Not good at all. Keane needs to step up to the mark but I think he might struggle if he's played as a lone striker, even with gerrard as support. In the absence of Torres, I'd like to see Keane & Kuyt play together as a strike duo in a 4-4-2 formation. But then who would you put on the right - Babel/Benny??? And who would you play in midfield - gerrard & Alono maybe for the home games.

Minder

Why would Benitez give a good f**k about having good relations with the Spanish national team? Is he employed by the Spanish Federation in any way?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

I would like to see El Zhar get a run in the team
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Whacker

Hope to fcuk he doesnt play yon Ngog of whatever you call him!

Liverpool have some big games coming up where they need to pick up all 3 points..

Could be in trouble

EC Unique

Not good news for the scousers coming into the most important 6-8 weeks for any team hoping to win the League :o

Chrisowc

I never thought I'd see the day when I was more gutted that Aurelio is injured more than Fernando.

Somebody must have spiked Rafa's drink when he watched Dossena play.  I honestly wish the ref had just sent the tube off the other night for his foul at the edge of the box.

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Whacker on November 28, 2008, 09:09:19 AM
Hope to fcuk he doesnt play yon Ngog of whatever you call him!

Liverpool have some big games coming up where they need to pick up all 3 points..

Could be in trouble

Ngog is a forward version of Djimi Traore....
Times like this you would nearly wish Vororin was still about.....
God I feel dirty after saying that  :-[
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Liverpool have been drawn away to Preston North End in the 3rd round of the F.A Cup,to be played the weekend of January 3rd/4th
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Niall Quinn on November 08, 2008, 08:15:10 PM
Interesting that the bookies have us third favourites for the title, even after today's results:

Chelsea 4/5 Bet
Man Utd 3/1 Bet
Liverpool 4/1 Bet
Arsenal 10/1 Bet
Aston Villa 125/1 Bet
(from bet365.com)

Chelsea no longer odds on, and have yet to travel to Old Trafford, the Emirates, and Anfield.
Utd will be delighted that they're in touch, despite having had an awful run of fixtures.
A win tomorrow for Liverpool will see them top the table in December - something I've not said since 1990 ish..

Chelsea 11/10 Bet
Man Utd 9/4 Bet
Liverpool 3/1 Bet
Arsenal 20/1 Bet
Aston Villa 150/1
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

J70

Arsenal would be well worth a flutter at 20/1. They're only seven points back with six months left in the season.

Hank Everlast

corn02

Laoislad, is Arbeloa winning you around yet?