The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Stalin on November 04, 2008, 09:49:41 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 04, 2008, 09:42:44 PM
Did he dive J70?  :D
He ran across the box, jumped into some boy and behaved like he was shot as he was going through mid air and hit the deck.
To be fair it was quite spectacular.

he was going for the ball and there was a coming together. he made the most of it. id have been disappointed if he didnt.
Well that's fair enough, I just think it's funny you boys talking about Ronaldo.

QuoteWhat can a player do when he is wrote off in mid air, a shoulder in the back = a foul.  A foul in the box = a penalty.  Why the confusion??
Aye, it should have been a free out.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 04, 2008, 09:49:46 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on November 04, 2008, 09:44:45 PM
Right any sane person knows Ronaldo dives all over the place, but never let it be said again that Gerard is some big hard player who is above all that. They are all just the same, that was ridiculous. Fell like a dying swan.
It was obvious from the collision in the air both players would fall but it was Gerard's theatrics, arms waving and appeal that won the decision.

What can a player do when he is wrote off in mid air, a shoulder in the back = a foul.  A foul in the box = a penalty.  Why the confusion??

Dont know why a lot of posters are saying Stevie G was not his usual high standards etc...he was the best Liverpool player on the night!!!!!  Name me one who was better??

I thought Carra played well..He went forward at every chance and might have even scored,he was certainly better than the two yobs Arebola and Aurelio
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Yes I Would

f**king toothless without Torres.
A valuable point, if undeserved, but im getting worried.
Just not playing well. Forget the performance against Spurs. They are brutal, and sit bottom of the league, and still won.

Too much deadwood. Babel has the first touch of a rapist. Arbeloa poor. Lucas??
The most threatening we looked tonight was from set pieces, which is not good if any sort of challenge on any front is to be sustained.

Stalin

Right any sane person knows Ronaldo dives all over the place, but never let it be said again that Gerard is some big hard player who is above all that. They are all just the same, that was ridiculous. Fell like a dying swan.
It was obvious from the collision in the air both players would fall but it was Gerard's theatrics, arms waving and appeal that won the decision.

What can a player do when he is wrote off in mid air, a shoulder in the back = a foul.  A foul in the box = a penalty.  Why the confusion??

Dont know why a lot of posters are saying Stevie G was not his usual high standards etc...he was the best Liverpool player on the night!!!!!  Name me one who was better??

he tried hardest dirtydozen but his end product was poor by his own standards. but yeah, probably still our best player!

keane was taken off cos he still isnt 100%.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

ExiledGael

Wrote off, Jesus it was almost a free out. Gerrard threw himself at it. Shoulder in the back? Wise up.

stevo-08

very very very lucky tonight. delighted to get the draw. was never a penalty.

The last couple of games have confirmed that we will need both torres & gerrard fully fit for every game for the rest of the season. just cant afford to have any of them sitting in the stand, particularly torres.

thats the main difference between liverpool and chelsea/man u - they have far more depth in their squad. so if we have any hope of silverwear this year, just better pray torres doesnt get injured again.

pintsofguinness

QuoteI thought Carra played well..He went forward at every chance and might have even scored,he was certainly better than the two yobs Arebola and Aurelio
Did you see him for their goal though?  :D  I would have reacted quicker.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

To be totally honest I thought Stevie G dived
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Stalin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 04, 2008, 09:52:08 PM

I thought Carra played well..He went forward at every chance and might have even scored,he was certainly better than the two yobs Arebola and Aurelio

who is this arebola fella? what did either full back do wrong tonight? just lacking a bit of end product, certainly both got forward at every opportunity. carragher was forward once or twice at the very end when the kitchen sink was being threw.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Armamike

i'm  a liverpool supporter but it was no penalty, i was amazed he gave it. Gerard threw himself at it and made the most...nothing to lose at that point.  Would have been a travesty if liverpool had lost that game though. That's them through now unless there's a major turnaround in that group.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Yes I Would

Gerrard was poor. His touch and passing was not up to the mark for this level of opposition
When a calm head was needed he was looking to shoot from anywhere past half way line.
His drive and passion couldnt be questioned and Yes resulted in the pen, but there is no doubt another get out of jail card used up tonight.

brokencrossbar1

They owned the ball particularly in the second half but they were forever taking the wrong decision.  Too many balls were played short or behind and the movement on the wings was non existent.  Gerard tried hard but he and too many others were looking for the killer ball too often when the simple ball was on and possession should have been maintained. 

There were a number of penalty calls that could have gone either way.  I feel that the Pernea was unlucky in some regards as he and gerard were committed for the ball.  The difference was that Gerard made it before Pernea and got there a second before and consequently Pernea connected with  him.  technically a foul as he made contact in the back with the player but it could have gone either way.  I also don't think Gerard made a meal of it.  he got a fair belt square in the middle of the back when he was in mid air.  It would have knocked most men over.

Anyway a point is a point and 1 point from tha last 2 games secures qualification so it is not all doom and gloom ;D

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Stalin on November 04, 2008, 09:56:59 PM

who is this arebola fella? what did either full back do wrong tonight? just lacking a bit of end product, certainly both got forward at every opportunity. carragher was forward once or twice at the very end when the kitchen sink was being threw.

Sorry of course I meant Arbeloa...
Erm getting forward with no end product from either wing back I would say constitutes a bad night  ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 04, 2008, 09:57:35 PM
was certainly better than the two yobs Arebola and Aurelio

Agree with LL, i really dont know why we got rid of Finnan over Arebola, i really cant underrstand it, Arebola couldnt lacve his boots.  Cue gabriel hurl for a Finnan bashing on this one  ;D

Well Finnan is going on 33 now and the last two seasons had been troubled by injuries and a drop off in form. Finnan can't go on indefinitely and even this season he's been out injured for most of it with Espanyol.

If it was a 27 or 28 year old Finnan then that's another thing altogether.