The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Carmen Stateside

3-2  Will take it!
What can you say about Kuyt! Riera MOTM for me!

Norf Tyrone

3rd week in a row the opponents have ended with 10 men after a foul on Alonso.

Looking forward to Sunday now!

FermGael

Another win in a game we would have lost/drew in previous sessions.
Rafa went for the win with his substitutions.  Took of the full backs and brought on a winger and a creative midfielder.
Thought Dossena was poor
As Carmen said we went 2-4-4, well nearly
Gerrard stepped it up in the second half and Kuyt looked like a striker.  2 good finishes.
Riera took his goal well and had a good game.
Pennant is very frustrating to watch.  Can beat his man but time and again his final ball was poor.  Thought he would have been
subbed but then he goes and sets up the winner

We are winning.  That's the main thing.
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 18, 2008, 05:02:59 PM

In fairness is was his second yellow and he deserved it.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Carmen Stateside

Alonso was on the end of some very poor challenges today.  Dossena could and maybe should have seen red for his tackle in the first half!

Norf Tyrone

For the record I didn't see the red was or was not deserved...never seen it. Just merely pointing out an anorakitic stat!

J70

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 18, 2008, 05:31:08 PM
For the record I didn't see the red was or was not deserved...never seen it. Just merely pointing out an anorakitic stat!

It was deserved. Definite yellow. He was idiot considering he had just been booked a minute previously for not retreating for a Liverpool freekick.

J70

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 18, 2008, 05:13:17 PM
Dossena could and maybe should have seen red for his tackle in the first half!

Perhaps. The trailing foot may have just about been on the ground though (I'd have to see it again). It looked a bad lunge overall however, and he can probably consider himself fortunate.

J70

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 18, 2008, 05:02:59 PM

You can throw Vidic in there as well from a few weeks back!

Hound

The first yellow might have been a bit soft, but that's irrelevant. The chap knew he was on a yellow and his tackle was pure stupidity - fully deserved to go. Bruce was that annoyed he was fit to burst!

After that Liverpool played really well - Gerrard started to play - and the deserved the two late goals. Great to see Benitez having a gung-ho attitude - that's a seachange from last year. He's realised that draws against these teams are no use.

J70

Quote from: milltown row on October 18, 2008, 03:55:39 PM
ya can beat united all ya want, its when ya struggle against these teams that wont help your cause

'Tis better to beat both.

Minder

Always nice to get one over on Elephant Man.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

charlie stubbs

good result today.  this years team seems to have the mental strength to dare i say it, make a real title challenge.  4 of our 8 games we have came from behind!

good to see agger return though he wasnt flavour of the month with me after the 1st goal.  kuyt's 1st goal shows us what he offers as an attacking threat however very few if any centre halves in the league would have showed that composure. 

we missed the skirt today imo.zaki was a real handful for agger and carra and his physical presence was sorely missed.  that where ithink the carra agger partnership falls down seem to struggle against that type of striker eg drogba. 

dossena has been a horrible signing complete waste of £7million, not aurelios biggest fan but on current form would have him everytime or even insua from what i have saw. 

i would be a critic of kuyt but yet again he has shown his worth wth a critical goal(s)  he reminds me of garcia in a way very frustrating, but a great clubman who scores important goals. 

fair play to rafa for the gung ho tactics that got the 3 points.  he def appears to be learning more about the english game.

riera just continues to impress me with each game. 

another downside was utd and chelski recording great victories chelski especially was a potential banana skin!

milltown row

minder if ya had a defender like bruce ya'd have won the premership ages ago. cant believe ya's are gusing over a result like today, WIGAN get a grip.