The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

In Liverpool's last 17 champion's league games (including 3 qualifiers) Kuyt has started in 14, come on as a sub in 2 (on in the 85th min in one) and didn't play in the other. In these games he has scored 9 goals. So a record of 14 starts, 2 sub, scoring 9 goals is pretty good in my book

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: gawa316 on October 02, 2008, 03:17:45 PM
In Liverpool's last 17 champion's league games (including 3 qualifiers) Kuyt has started in 14, come on as a sub in 2 (on in the 85th min in one) and didn't play in the other. In these games he has scored 9 goals. So a record of 14 starts, 2 sub, scoring 9 goals is pretty good in my book

He must be in contention for European player of the year!?

Minder

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on October 02, 2008, 03:19:35 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on October 02, 2008, 03:17:45 PM

He must be in contention for European player of the year!?

It probably is comparable or better than Benson & Hedges.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

i happened to flick round to the footie last night and noticed a stat that came up during the match, Jammie Carragher, 40% success pass rate. sums it it for ya ::)

Goats Do Shave

I must get my eyes tested, I thought it said 100%  ???

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on October 02, 2008, 03:42:57 PM
i happened to flick round to the footie last night and noticed a stat that came up during the match, Jammie Carragher, 40% success pass rate. sums it it for ya ::)

Milltown is going blind though because of other pursuits  :o
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

maybe the 100% success thing was for forward passes ;D

he'd be a great rugy player, his passes always goes back, he usually kicks into touch,  and is great at the Garryowen. and to be fair a great tackler

corn02

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 02, 2008, 02:56:07 PM
it's 10 goals in 27 European Appearances

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/shared/bsp/hi/football/statistics/players/k/kuyt_47998.stm

No, is it not 10 in his lat 16 I meant. Superb ratio, doubt there is much better in the Champions League? I am being serious here, it is a great ratio.

stevo-08

Quote from: milltown row on October 02, 2008, 03:42:57 PM

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/champions-league/2008-2009/liverpool-psv-253818.html

Jamie Carragher: Accurate Passes - 54, Bad Passes - 9. So more like 85% success rate, but close enough miltown  ::)

milltown row

brilliant stato, as i said i was flicking and that stat came up ;). how many were back to his keeper? doubt that stat would be there

corn02

A defender passing back to his 'keeper,madness.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: milltown row on October 02, 2008, 04:23:42 PMhow many were back to his keeper? doubt that stat would be there

does those passes not count or something?

milltown row

highly entertaining lads, he's a quality attacking player, he proves that everytime he takes to the pitch. THE STAT CAME ON THE TV, I AINT MAKING IT UP

a lot of 'defending' going on here, playing the ball back to the keeper has been a trait of the pool for years, and with Jamie being a pool man, born and bred, he'll not change that stat.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: milltown row on October 02, 2008, 04:43:44 PMhe's a quality attacking player, he proves that everytime he takes to the pitch.

what are you blethering about now?

supersarsfields

The stat that came up Milltown was 40 passes 100% completed. I'll admit I noticed it aswell as I was kinda surprised by how good it was for Carragher.