The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

is it just me or does anyone else really like the shirts with no sponsor on them?

Mentalman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 17, 2008, 02:42:09 PM
is it just me or does anyone else really like the shirts with no sponsor on them?

Not just you. Pity you can't purchase them that way.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Mentalman on September 17, 2008, 02:43:26 PM

I actually think you can...Not sure where i saw them but i think it is possible..
The Ireland jersey is the same though much nicer without the sponsor but i can't find one anywhere without it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Mentalman

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 17, 2008, 05:09:12 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on September 17, 2008, 02:43:26 PM

I actually think you can...Not sure where i saw them but i think it is possible..
The Ireland jersey is the same though much nicer without the sponsor but i can't find one anywhere without it

I'd be interested if there was, but I doubt the sponsors would be happy. In Sweden it's the opposite way around - you can't buy replica jerseys of the local clubs with the sponsorship included.

Stalin

Im fairly sure u can buy them somewhere, cant remember where though. try mainsite
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

brokencrossbar1

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/sep/18/liverpool.premierleague

QuoteReluctant hero Gerrard hails Liverpool's togetherness
Andy Hunter
The Guardian, Thursday September 18 2008
Article history

Steven Gerrard praised Liverpool team-mate José Reina for his display against Marseille. Photograph: Carl Recine/Action

Steven Gerrard wanted to look beyond the headlines following victory in Marseille, and not simply on account of becoming one himself with another starring role for Liverpool in the Champions League. The Liverpool captain insisted José Reina, not his brace of goals, was ultimately responsible for three points at the Stade Vélodrome. He was also adamant that confidence at Anfield runs much deeper than one precious result over Manchester United.

Liverpool arrived in Marseille invigorated by their first league win over United under Rafael Benítez, their stand-out performance and result of an unbeaten season so far. For the third time in five matches they turned a deficit into a 2-1 triumph in the south of France on Tuesday night, with a belief and character, Gerrard believes, that formed long before the curse of Sir Alex Ferguson's side lifted at Anfield. The statistics back him up.

In 19 league games since losing at West Ham United in January, Liverpool have racked up more league points in what amounts to half a season than their fellow members of the big four. Benítez's side have collected 46 points in that period, compared to 45 for Chelsea, 40 for United and Arsenal's 38. It remains a valid criticism of Liverpool that the majority of those points came with the title and the pressures of a genuine challenge out of sight, but it also explains the momentum behind this season's unbeaten start.

"I wasn't aware of our recent record but going on good runs is something we have to try to do," said Gerrard, who requires one goal to reach a century for Liverpool following his double against Marseille. "The team was confident after Saturday. Before the game I could sense we were going to get another positive result. We know we're a fantastic side in Europe and it's always difficult away from home. We didn't play well in the second half but you could see the togetherness. We just don't like getting beaten."

Few players illustrated that sentiment better at the Stade Vélodrome than Gerrard and Reina, the captain outstanding on his first start since undergoing a double-groin operation and the Liverpool goalkeeper equally impressive, particularly when standing his ground to deny Mamadou Niang in the final seconds.

"I'm sure people will mention the goals on my behalf," added Gerrard. "But for me the real heroes were the back four and especially Pepe [Reina]. We all have him down as the best keeper in the Premier League. He's immense."

Gerrard and Reina played verbal table tennis with their tributes to each other after Tuesday's victory, back and forth, but while the Spaniard insisted Gerrard accept the plaudits he concurred with his captain's view on Liverpool's attitude.

"The atmosphere is special at the moment and we don't go out thinking about anything else but winning," said Reina. "We are Liverpool and we are favourites. We are in the business of having to win

Top scorer not playing well due to fatigue from Euros and injury, main back up hasn't really kicked off yet, but will, and the team as a whole hasn't clicked into gear.  Not a bad situation to be in and the extra days rest before the game against Stoke will do them the world of good.  They are the from team of the "Big 4" and have been for 20 odd games.  Time to make it count methinks

stevo-08

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 18, 2008, 01:30:22 PM

Top scorer not playing well due to fatigue from Euros and injury, main back up hasn't really kicked off yet, but will, and the team as a whole hasn't clicked into gear.  Not a bad situation to be in and the extra days rest before the game against Stoke will do them the world of good.  They are the from team of the "Big 4" and have been for 20 odd games.  Time to make it count methinks

Agree with all that BC. But the team needs to click into gear very soon - Everton (A), PSV (H), Man City (A), Athletico (A), Chelsea (A) all coming up in a busy 4 week period. It'll make or break the season...

AZOffaly

I'd say Chelsea would probably beg to differ about Liverpool being the 'form' team.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 18, 2008, 01:52:54 PM
I'd say Chelsea would probably beg to differ about Liverpool being the 'form' team.

Fair enough AZ, but the points on the board are the same this season, Chelski may have a few more goals, but the weekend could see them stalled a small bit.  Also Liverpool should be able to soften the goal difference. 

Mentalman

One win over Utd. and we lose the run of ourselves :) Was at it myself last night with another supporter "If Benitez keeps Masch & Xabi in the middle and keep the others fit....". We will have a better idea of where Liverpool are after the Chelsea game.

Dinny Breen

Is this delusion I'm starting to smell?  :P
#newbridgeornowhere

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 18, 2008, 02:40:52 PM
Is this delusion I'm starting to smell?  :P
Jeez, I lost the run of myself!  I forgot that we are actually shit and haven't actually garnered all those points that are referred to in the article.  Like i said, not playing well but still on a decent unbeaten run.

GalwayBayBoy