The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

Quote from: corn02 on September 05, 2008, 03:53:11 PM
While ther eis a mountain of difference between Keane and the Carragher situation, he has come across as a bit of a prat in the Mirror the last few days.

Roy Keane writes in his book- The first chance I got, I did him
Carragher writes in his book-  The first chance I got, I did him

as you say, a mountain of difference

These quotes are doing exactly what they are supposed to, stirring up interest in the book, the cost is carragher is to come across as a twat, im sure he is overly bothered.
Its Grim up North

Mentalman

Quote from: An Fear Rua on September 05, 2008, 05:37:40 PM
While ther eis a mountain of difference between Keane and the Carragher situation, he has come across as a bit of a prat in the Mirror the last few days.

These quotes are doing exactly what they are supposed to, stirring up interest in the book, the cost is carragher is to come across as a t**t, im sure he is overly bothered.

Did Carragher "do him"? Or am I missing something? In any event I thought Keane's ban was a joke, but I don't see these as comparable - i.e. Keane is injured by the player, does him at the first opportunity, then writes about hows he intended to in his book. Carra gets injured by the player, does nothing about it, and then writes in his bio how his firends were going to do something about it? Seems to me at least Keane was prepared to do his own dirty work?
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Mentalman on September 05, 2008, 05:53:37 PM

Did Carragher "do him"? Or am I missing something? In any event I thought Keane's ban was a joke, but I don't see these as comparable - i.e. Keane is injured by the player, does him at the first opportunity, then writes about hows he intended to in his book. Carra gets injured by the player, does nothing about it, and then writes in his bio how his firends were going to do something about it? Seems to me at least Keane was prepared to do his own dirty work?

you are referencing the wrong quote mental man

its this one

"After I established myself at right-back, our African defender Rigobert Song found himself out of the team and our previously healthy relationship instantly deteriorated.

One morning in training he was told I'd been called into the England squad after performing well at full-back.

There was a look of astonishment on Song's face - a bit like the one we used to give him when he claimed he was only 21.

He might as well have blurted out he thought I wasn't good enough for international football.

He strolled off to his French speaking friends and began talking to them. I could see him pointing towards me while everyone was grinning. It was clear what he was saying and the rage inside me simmered.

Later, Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50-50 tackle with greater appetite.

"You're not f***ing laughing now are you, you soft t**t?" I said as he hobbled away.

Did I care he had a knock? No way. I don't remember him or anyone else in the squad for that matter trying to take the piss out of my ability again."
Its Grim up North

corn02

These quotes are doing exactly what they are supposed to, stirring up interest in the book, the cost is carragher is to come across as a t**t, im sure he is overly bothered.

Eh your going to have to point us to where Carragher did him. So as I say a mountain of difference.

corn02

Ah I also thought you were on about the Neil incident.

Yeah you have more of a point there. I suppose the fact that it was an opposing player might be a factor but I see where your coming from. He does say he went and won a 50/50 ball and just went in hard he did not do a keane and go for his leg though.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: corn02 on September 05, 2008, 05:57:04 PM

Eh your going to have to point us to where Carragher did him. So as I say a mountain of difference.

Keane was banned for bringing the game into disrepute for deliberatly setting out to injure a player and then writing about it in his book.
From the above quote Carragher deliberatly set out to injure a player and wrote about it in his book.

Later, Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50-50 tackle with greater appetite.

Are you dutch? :P :P
Its Grim up North

Mentalman

Quote from: An Fear Rua on September 05, 2008, 05:56:55 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on September 05, 2008, 05:53:37 PM

your referencing the wrong quote mental man

its this one

"After I established myself at right-back, our African defender Rigobert Song found himself out of the team and our previously healthy relationship instantly deteriorated.

One morning in training he was told I'd been called into the England squad after performing well at full-back.

There was a look of astonishment on Song's face - a bit like the one we used to give him when he claimed he was only 21.

He might as well have blurted out he thought I wasn't good enough for international football.

He strolled off to his French speaking friends and began talking to them. I could see him pointing towards me while everyone was grinning. It was clear what he was saying and the rage inside me simmered.

"You're not f***ing laughing now are you, you soft t**t?" I said as he hobbled away.

Did I care he had a knock? No way. I don't remember him or anyone else in the squad for that matter trying to take the piss out of my ability again."

Sorry AFR, your right I'm worng. Feck all difference there to my eyes. Can he get suspended for doing his own player in training - could be a lot of suspensions for that! But I suppose Keane's was for bringing the game into disrupute by revealing his thoughts/motivations in his book, so Carra could be in bother.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Mentalman on September 05, 2008, 06:02:28 PM

Sorry AFR, your right I'm worng. Feck all difference there to my eyes. Can he get suspended for doing his own player in training - could be a lot of suspensions for that! But I suppose Keane's was for bringing the game into disrupute by revealing his thoughts/motivations in his book, so Carra could be in bother.

he could also be in bother for the remarks re foreign nationals, and the neil incident too.
Im not going to advocate a ban for the song thing, It was wrong when it happened to Keane, and it would be wrong again. But the FA have to be consistent , dont they....?
Its Grim up North

Mentalman

Quote from: An Fear Rua on September 05, 2008, 06:05:25 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on September 05, 2008, 06:02:28 PM

he could also be in bother for the remarks re foreign nationals, and the neil incident too.
Im not going to advocate a ban for the song thing, It was wrong when it happened to Keane, and it would be wrong again. But the FA have to be consistent , dont they....?

The Neil thing made him sound like a bit of a scally to be honest - bullsh!t and bravado. The foreign national remarks, although probably widely held views, were wrong on any number of fronts. As for the FA, when I think of the likes if Alan Shearer, I think we all know how consistent they are. The key difference being Keane was Irish. But you never know, seeing as Carra has refused selection for England squads. I have to say I'm disappointed in some of the stuff that's come out, but maybe I expected too much.

stevo-08

Quote from: An Fear Rua on September 05, 2008, 05:56:55 PM

your referencing the wrong quote mental man
its this one

In fairness AFR, when you made the Keane comparison, the quotes you used were about the Neill incident not the Song one.

But anyway, like metalman, im very disappointed with Carragher. He should shut his mouth and concentrate on the football, he'll have his job cut out keeping his position in the team this season and doesnt need this kind of publicity. As for the FA taking action, I honestly thought keane was only saying what goes on every other week in the PL ie. one player deliberately trying to injure another during a game. He just got punished for being honest enough to put it down on paper. Similarly with Carra - ok training session incidents wouldnt be quite as common but they do occur and not just in soccer.

I'd be more concerned about the foreign national comments & the almost thuggish behaviour towards Neill, rather than the training ground incident with Song.

But like I said, he should just keep his trap shut.

corn02

The extracs have certably shone him in a light that see motu of character for the man.

It is hard to argue with the Keane similarirty - the only thing ishe went for a 50/50 ball - so that woul make it different and save his bacon.

Carmen Stateside

Cant understand why players that are still playing take out books before they retire. Surely they are only inviting trouble?

Rasmatazz:)

Just like to say to all u scousers out there , looks like another bad long boring season for u boys, my heart goe's out to u all from thee red devil on the falls . R keane , 19 mil for that who is well past his sell by date , bad ,business from Rafa the t**ker man, ohhhhh does not look good for him. Also remember there is only 1 R keane and hid first name is Roy  ;D and then u guys lost out to the arabs , must be kicking ursevles . Then to fake the Steven  Gerrard  injury so that he could be fit for the Man U  match . I smell fear in ur camp. Be wary the Devils r coming  8)

Mentalman

Quote from: Rasmatazz:) on September 06, 2008, 08:12:56 PM
Just like to say to all u scousers out there , looks like another bad long boring season for u boys, my heart goe's out to u all from thee red devil on the falls . R keane , 19 mil for that who is well past his sell by date , bad ,business from Rafa the t**ker man, ohhhhh does not look good for him. Also remember there is only 1 R keane and hid first name is Roy  ;D and then u guys lost out to the arabs , must be kicking ursevles . Then to fake the Steven  Gerrard  injury so that he could be fit for the Man U  match . I smell fear in ur camp. Be wary the Devils r coming  8)

Which reply to use? "Isn't it past your bedtime?", "Been drinking?", "This isn't a text message", "Need a dictionary?", or "The site you need is here www.hoganstand.com".

corn02