The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mentalman

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 29, 2008, 10:58:43 AM
Maybe we'll ground share with United. Ye could use the rent money too :D

What about a ground sahre with Everton? Seriously, if Inter & AC, Juve & Napoli, Roma & Lazio can do it, I don't see why Red and Blue can't do it. A practical solution to both clubs problems.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

under the bar

QuoteCouldn't be as good as the game the other night, Benitez and Baloni marking each other on the sideline, Loughnane would have been proud.

Twas funny alright.  Like two spoiled kids.  One rants and the other makes a diving gesture, then 5 mins later the roles are reversed.   Benitez would make a good stand in for Gordon Kay as René in Allo Allo if the show is ever run again!

Minder

Quote from: Mentalman on August 29, 2008, 11:22:38 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 29, 2008, 10:58:43 AM
Maybe we'll ground share with United. Ye could use the rent money too :D

What about a ground sahre with Everton? Seriously, if Inter & AC, Juve & Napoli, Roma & Lazio can do it, I don't see why Red and Blue can't do it. A practical solution to both clubs problems.

Juventus & Torino surely?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

brokencrossbar1

It's a fair auld drive from Turin to Naples.

The ground share would obviously be practical but is a none runner.  It would be like Celtic/Rangers or Spurs and the Arse they hate each other far too much to have anything to do with each other.  Imagine Meath and Dublin having a single home fied, that would be fun.

bingobus

Re Groudshare, apart from fact that the supporters don't want it and LFC have many parts of the ground to incorporate that would be ailen to Everton eg Shakley/Paisley gates, Hillsborough memorial, Museum, Kop, etc on basis would it be built? 40,000 capacity to suit Everton? They didn't sell out their opening game and the still have season tickets for sale or 60,000+ to suit Liverpool who sell out most games and have thousands on waiting list?

Who pays for what? How are the costs spread 50/50? Don't think either side would agree on it and I'm sure Everton would look to pay Liverpool pay the most. They have less money than us and that says a lot.

Plus would reds want to sit on blue seats or Blues on red seats?

In Italy it works cause it has always been that way and If i'm not mistaken are the grounds owed by local government? Could be wrong.

As for the collapse/delay of building the stadium, it was always on the cards and rumoured on LFC websites this last week. Shows are poorly we are been run and that the owners haven't got the funds needed to run a club. Lots of fans happy as it extends Anfields life and weakens the position of the yanks. With the income of the club restricted to current levels it devalues there "investment" and should encourage DIC to come back in to take over. The yanks may be happen to accept an offer that will give them a profit on the banks....sorry yanks investment.

Long term, stadium needs to be built or the transfer funds will be championship level and CL success will have to be achieved to make a few pound.

Mentalman

Sorry lads, brain fart on Napoli....confusing my port city clubs, Sampdoria and Genoa are another.

Comparison of Celtic/Rangers with Liverpool Everton are way way off the mark. It's not at all uncommon for households in Liverpool to have Everton and Liverpool fans. It's mostly an issue with fans outside the city in my experience - i.e. non scousers. Liverpool and Everton may have been born in secterianism, but that has long since disappeared, unlike Celtic/Rangers.If Lazio and Roma can share, anyone can. As for Meath Dublin, they are not only geographically distinct, but cultural, as in urban/rural, distinct, not a good comparison in my opinion. I mean using the example of Napoli, that's like saying they should share with Salernitana, based 40 or 50 miles away.

Mentalman

Quote from: bingobus on August 29, 2008, 11:52:29 AM
Re Groudshare, apart from fact that the supporters don't want it and LFC have many parts of the ground to incorporate that would be ailen to Everton eg Shakley/Paisley gates, Hillsborough memorial, Museum, Kop, etc on basis would it be built? 40,000 capacity to suit Everton? They didn't sell out their opening game and the still have season tickets for sale or 60,000+ to suit Liverpool who sell out most games and have thousands on waiting list?

Who pays for what? How are the costs spread 50/50? Don't think either side would agree on it and I'm sure Everton would look to pay Liverpool pay the most. They have less money than us and that says a lot.

Plus would reds want to sit on blue seats or Blues on red seats?

In Italy it works cause it has always been that way and If i'm not mistaken are the grounds owed by local government? Could be wrong.

As for the collapse/delay of building the stadium, it was always on the cards and rumoured on LFC websites this last week. Shows are poorly we are been run and that the owners haven't got the funds needed to run a club. Lots of fans happy as it extends Anfields life and weakens the position of the yanks. With the income of the club restricted to current levels it devalues there "investment" and should encourage DIC to come back in to take over. The yanks may be happen to accept an offer that will give them a profit on the banks....sorry yanks investment.

Long term, stadium needs to be built or the transfer funds will be championship level and CL success will have to be achieved to make a few pound.

Hasn't always been that way, it was a proctical solution to ground building problems in Italy, but yes the grounds are owned by the local authority. A shared ground would be constructed, owned and operated by a third party, with the two clubs being long term leasers. As for capacity, it isn't an issue really. I mean are Everton only going to build a ground for their current needs? Amongst the grounds sharing in that list, one club is nearly always bigger than the other. As for what the fans want...when did that ever count when money was involved? Anyway, didn't want to spark another row, as this won't happen, but there is no practical reason for it not to happen.

bingobus

Quote from: Mentalman on August 29, 2008, 11:54:07 AM
Sorry lads, brain fart on Napoli....confusing my port city clubs, Sampdoria and Genoa are another.

Comparison of Celtic/Rangers with Liverpool Everton are way way off the mark. It's not at all uncommon for households in Liverpool to have Everton and Liverpool fans. It's mostly an issue with fans outside the city in my experience - i.e. non scousers. Liverpool and Everton may have been born in secterianism, but that has long since disappeared, unlike Celtic/Rangers.If Lazio and Roma can share, anyone can. As for Meath Dublin, they are not only geographically distinct, but cultural, as in urban/rural, distinct, not a good comparison in my opinion. I mean using the example of Napoli, that's like saying they should share with Salernitana, based 40 or 50 miles away.

Its not an issue of the fans not confronting each other on a regular basis, they would only actually share the ground twice a year, as they do now. Its more to do the other issues mentioned ie history, funding, repayments etc.

No LFC fan wants on any forums. As for the friendly derby, over the last few years that has far from friendly with plenty of incidents in town after the games.

Also, if/when Everton get relegated this/next season how will they fill or repay the debt  ;)  ;D

Ps is there no Bitters on this board to defend themselves???

brokencrossbar1

QuoteLiverpool close to Riera signing

Liverpool are close to completing the signing of Albert Riera from Espanyol, according to the Spanish club.
Espanyol say the left-sided winger has travelled to Merseyside for a medical before finalising his switch.
Riera, who had a spell on loan with Manchester City in 2006, has also played for Real Mallorca and Bordeaux.
Reports in Spain suggest the fee would be in the region of £9m, with the 26-year-old having also been courted by Liverpool's Merseyside rivals Everton.

Earlier this week, Espanyol sporting director Paco Herrera claimed that his club had received two offers.
One, believed to be from Everton, met their valuation for the player, while Liverpool were understood to have offered less.
However, reports suggest that the Spain international did not want to move to Goodison Park.
"There is a team which is offering what we have asked and another one which isn't, but the player is interested in the one which is offering the least," Herrera told Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo. "We will not lower our asking price."
In May, Riera was left out of Spain's Euro 2008 squad despite helping the national side qualify for the tournament.
Later that month he stated his intention to leave Espanyol.
"I do not want to be part of a club that does not take care of or protect its players," Riera said.
"I do not know if I will go to Liverpool or any other team.
"It would be best for everyone concerned because I know that my transfer would clearly be beneficial. I do not want to cause any problems."

So all done bar the shouting.

the bitters have drawn Standard Liege in the UEFA Cup.  Hopefully they kick them off the Park!

The Real Laoislad

So where does that leave us with a first choice XI for the big games
This is mine
                                Pepe

Finnan               Carra   Skertel             Aurelio
but he won't play Finnan so we will have to
live with that tool Arbeloa until we get a replacement for Finnan

Babel                Mash   Stevie G           Riera

There's only one Keaneo
                                   El Nino
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Keano will be under severe pressure from Kuyt.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on August 29, 2008, 02:38:57 PM

Do you think so?
Even if his goal drought continues i think Rafa will persist with the Keane/Torres parnership for the bigger games
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hound

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 29, 2008, 02:34:35 PM
So where does that leave us with a first choice XI for the big games
This is mine
                                Pepe
Finnan               Carra   Skertel             Aurelio
Babel                Mash   Stevie G           Riera
                   There's only one Keaneo
                                   El Nino

Alonso (or Lucas) will be alonglside Mascho for the bigger games, with Gerrard pushed forward.  Then two places between Babel, Riera, Keane and Kuyt - probably one between the first two and one place between the latter two.

Off The Fence

Keane will be playing folks.  I think he has to play to benefit Torres!

Hope to fcuk he scores, SOON!

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 29, 2008, 02:40:47 PM
Quote from: corn02 on August 29, 2008, 02:38:57 PM

Do you think so?
Even if his goal drought continues i think Rafa will persist with the Keane/Torres parnership for the bigger games

Possibly. Although hopefully Keane breaks the duck at Villa Park. I am a very pro-Kuyt man though, so I may be biased.