The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

I think its a ok group,Could have been worse,I think United got a tougher draw..
Liverpool and Madrid to go through
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Yes I Would

Agree could have been a tougher group, but if this level of performance continues it doesnt really matter who we were grouped with.

J70

I see Lawrenson has tipped Villa to beat Liverpool on Sunday. Unless they improve dramatically, he's going to be right.

An Fear Rua

rumour has it new stadium isnt going ahead due to lack of funds/credit crunch....
Its Grim up North

Hound

Seems to be more than a rumour.

One report said the bank agreed the give the £350m loan, but only if it got separate guarantees from the yanks for £220m - which it seems they cannot do. The Sheihk awaits in the sidelines.....

gawa316

Quote from: An Fear Rua on August 29, 2008, 09:46:19 AM
rumour has it new stadium isnt going ahead due to lack of funds/credit crunch....

From offical site

Liverpool Football Club have today confirmed that the building of their new stadium will be subject to delay. 
A spokesman for the club said: "Our commitment to building a new world class LFC stadium is undiminished. Like many other major development projects in the UK and overseas we are affected by global market conditions and as such work on the project will be delayed in the short term. We will use this period productively and revisit the plans for the stadium to increase its capacity to 73,000 seats." 

Doogie Browser

This is a club facing a massive internal crisis, I predict Rafa out by Christmas as he will not stand for more of last seasons in-fighting

Mentalman

Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 29, 2008, 10:27:28 AM
This is a club facing a massive internal crisis, I predict Rafa out by Christmas as he will not stand for more of last seasons in-fighting

As soon as Schuster hits problems at Real.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

An Fear Rua

so what happens now? Borrowing was secured against future 60k attendances ? The san giro looms large in Kirby..
Its Grim up North

AZOffaly

Maybe we'll ground share with United. Ye could use the rent money too :D

full back

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 29, 2008, 10:58:43 AM
Maybe we'll ground share with United. Ye could use the rent money too :D

Looks like you could use a decent ground as well :D

brokencrossbar1

I have to say that I fear that Rafa will jump unless the ownership is sorted out.  There needs to be a cash rich organization brought in to buy out Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dee.  A lot will depend on how the results are going on the pitch.  If the performances start to pick up and there is a concerted push for the PL then I can see him sticking it out.  However, the first glimpse of trouble and he will be ready to jump.

I am not sure though that he would be for Madrid if Schuster is pushed.  They didn't take too kindly to the last practical manager, Capello, and he was gone as soon as they could, despite the results.  He will go back to Spain but nit to Real. 

Anyway, the game on Sunday will be interesting.  The touchline shenanigans of Mssrs O'Neill and Benetiz will be a sideshow in themselves. 

As Barry walks off after losing 2-0 Rafa walks up and whispers in his ear 

"thiz iz  sad that you cannot be with your great friend Stevie.  But there is time yet.  Meet me before midnight and sign.  You will be sorry if you don't".
O'neill goes apoplectic and does a Cloughie on Benetiz with a "clip round the lug" and an all out wrestling match starts on the pitch, with Sami scoring some Scandinavian points by clocking Carew.  C'mon the Pool!

An Fear Rua

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 29, 2008, 11:02:56 AM
I have to say that I fear that Rafa will jump unless the ownership is sorted out.  There needs to be a cash rich organization brought in to buy out Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dee.  A lot will depend on how the results are going on the pitch.  If the performances start to pick up and there is a concerted push for the PL then I can see him sticking it out.  However, the first glimpse of trouble and he will be ready to jump.

I am not sure though that he would be for Madrid if Schuster is pushed.  They didn't take too kindly to the last practical manager, Capello, and he was gone as soon as they could, despite the results.  He will go back to Spain but nit to Real. 

Anyway, the game on Sunday will be interesting.  The touchline shenanigans of Mssrs O'Neill and Benetiz will be a sideshow in themselves. 

"thiz iz  sad that you cannot be with your great friend Stevie.  But there is time yet.  Meet me before midnight and sign.  You will be sorry if you don't".
O'neill goes apoplectic and does a Cloughie on Benetiz with a "clip round the lug" and an all out wrestling match starts on the pitch, with Sami scoring some Scandinavian points by clocking Carew.  C'mon the Pool!

you need a ride
Its Grim up North

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: An Fear Rua on August 29, 2008, 11:09:07 AM

you need a ride

You're not wrong there.  Between the mammy being down and "other" things I am like a man possessed!

Mentalman

The touchline shenanigans of Mssrs O'Neill and Benetiz will be a sideshow in themselves. 

Couldn't be as good as the game the other night, Benitez and Baloni marking each other on the sideline, Loughnane would have been proud.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."