The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minus15 on August 13, 2008, 03:32:45 PM
I don't agree that Arbeloa is rubbish. I like him but I just think hes not really solid. He turns his back on the cross a lot rather than getting the tackle in and his distribution isn't great. I would like Finnan better as a player but Rafa seems to have had a lack of faith in him over the past 12 months. Maybe he knows something we dont but a fit Finnan is a far more reliable than Arbeloa in my opinion
Quote from: Mentalman on August 13, 2008, 04:22:58 PM
Said it before, I don't know how he was anywhere near the Spanish squad for the Euros. Nothing personal, he just seems dead ordinary to me, and one performance against Barca isn't enough. I am definitely open to having my mind changed though. It looks like the right back slot is his for this season, let's see how he gets on - I hope he proves me wrong.

Agree 100% with both above posters...I sincerely hope he proves me wrong I am a Liverpool fan after all and he is a Liverpool player,If he scored the winner against United this year I'd be just as happy as if Torres or Keane scored it,I also had hoped Vororin would prove me wrong...and look how that turned out   ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

The Liverpool team in full:

Reina, Arbeloa, Dossena, Carragher, Agger, Alonso, Plessis, Benayoun, Kuyt, Keane, Torres.

Subs: Cavalieri, Hyypia, Gerrard, Voronin, Insua, El Zhar, Pennant.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 13, 2008, 03:02:34 PM
Quote"He was injured at the beginning of pre-season and had an operation and although he is now training with the team, he is still a bit behind in fitness."

what he meant was - he's shite - and Arbeloa is 20 times better than him

What pisses me off about that Gab, is Finnan has been one of Liverpool's most consisdent defenders in the last 4 years,To call him shite is dis respectfull imho and i would say your the only Liverpool fan that would say as such,Arbeola has a long way to go to be anywhere near the great servant for Liverpool that Finnan has
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Penalty....................

REINA SAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ExiledGael

Such a penalty.

Very unimpressive so far from Liverpool but it's pre-season really so they're bound to look rusty.
One thing's for sure though, Arbeloa will be cursed from a height on here before the season's out.

Gabriel_Hurl

I wonder if Finnan wasn't playing for Ireland if you'd say the same thing  ::)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 13, 2008, 08:40:10 PM

WTF has this got to do with Ireland ???
You really are letting yourself down big time on this one Gab,I thought better of you to be honest..
How you can't admit Finnan has been a outstanding servant to Liverpool over the time he has been there is beyond me to be honest..
Sure he has lost a yard of pace now and so on but to kick him to the gutter the way you are and not recognise the player he was for Liverpool is just plain silly..
And even at that i can guarantee he would still do a job for Liverpool if called upon
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

A truly awful first half from Liverpool,Should/could be two down
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SuperDooperCooper

Shocking half from Liverpool - who are they hitting those long balls to - Crouchie gone.....

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ExiledGael on August 13, 2008, 08:20:40 PM
Such a penalty.

Very unimpressive so far from Liverpool but it's pre-season really so they're bound to look rusty.
One thing's for sure though, Arbeloa will be cursed from a height on here before the season's out.

Far from pre-season Exiled this is Champions League football,the rust should be well gone by now
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 13, 2008, 08:45:12 PM

You really are letting yourself down big time on this one Gab,I thought better of you to be honest..
How you can't admit Finnan has been a outstanding servant to Liverpool over the time he has been there is beyond me to be honest..
Sure he has lost a yard of pace now and so on but to kick him to the gutter the way you are and not recognise the player he was for Liverpool is just plain silly..
And even at that i can guarantee he would still do a job for Liverpool if called upon

I'd agree with you there that Gab has underestimated Finnan's contribution in the last 4/5 years but then I think you have done the same regarding Arbeloa, no way is he as bad as you seem to think.

Regarding the match, feckin awful. Alonso seems to be back to his form of the last year, after an excellent preseason. Could probably definitely go through the whole team and slate them (bar Reina) on that 45 min performance but I'll hold back and see what happens

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on August 13, 2008, 09:09:15 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 13, 2008, 08:45:12 PM

I'd agree with you there that Gab has underestimated Finnan's contribution in the last 4/5 years but then I think you have done the same regarding Arbeloa, no way is he as bad as you seem to think.

Maybe not but he has a lot too prove and if he does prove it then i will take back everything i said,
Finnan has proved it time and time again..thats the difference
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 13, 2008, 09:17:13 PM

Maybe not but he has a lot too prove and if he does prove it then i will take back everything i said,

Leaving Finnan out of it as his contribution shouldn't even be questioned, but arbeloa has done nothing to receive the criticism you aim at him. It's not as if he is Traore.

BTW Robbie Earl is a penis

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on August 13, 2008, 09:32:22 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 13, 2008, 09:17:13 PM

Leaving Finnan out of it as his contribution shouldn't even be questioned, but arbeloa has done nothing to receive the criticism you aim at him. It's not as if he is Traore.

BTW Robbie Earl is a penis

Well Gab keeps harping on and on about his performance in the Nou Camp a few years ago...I agree he had a good game in that,even though that was his first game for Liverpool which luckily for him was in Spain against Spanish opposition which he was more than use to playing against as he had just come from the Spainish league
You say Arbeola has done nothing to receive the criticism,Fair enough you tell me what he has done to receive the praise..
He reminds me of Kromkamp,Josemi etc..IMHO he is not a world class defender as Gab believes and he will be found out..
If i'm proved to be wrong and he has a unbelievable season i will hold my hands up
And don't slag Traore!! He has a Champions League medal  :o
I have no opinion on Robbie Earle or his penis but Craig Doyle is a annoying hewer
You'll Never Walk Alone.