The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterquaife

gawa316

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on August 13, 2008, 10:40:19 AM
Quote from: Hound on August 13, 2008, 10:14:16 AM

Finnan has been left at home despite being fully fit and available (and with Degen injured, it means the only cover for right back is Carragher). Rumour that his relationship with Benitez has completely broken down as a result of Liverpool trying to use him as a makeweight in the Barry deal.

Finnan has come out of international retirement and is back in the Ireland squad for the upcoming friendly.

From the official site

While the Reds captain looks likely to win his fitness battle, one player who won't feature is full-back Steve Finnan, who Benitez feels is still short of match practice.

"He is not on the bench and has not travelled but we have Arbeloa in that position," said the Anfield manager.

"He was injured at the beginning of pre-season and had an operation and although he is now training with the team, he is still a bit behind in fitness."

Of course he is short of match practice,He brought him on against Villareal and took him off again 15mins later ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 13, 2008, 02:27:32 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 13, 2008, 10:40:19 AM
Quote from: Hound on August 13, 2008, 10:14:16 AM

Finnan has been left at home despite being fully fit and available (and with Degen injured, it means the only cover for right back is Carragher). Rumour that his relationship with Benitez has completely broken down as a result of Liverpool trying to use him as a makeweight in the Barry deal.

Finnan has come out of international retirement and is back in the Ireland squad for the upcoming friendly.

From the official site

While the Reds captain looks likely to win his fitness battle, one player who won't feature is full-back Steve Finnan, who Benitez feels is still short of match practice.

"He is not on the bench and has not travelled but we have Arbeloa in that position," said the Anfield manager.

"He was injured at the beginning of pre-season and had an operation and although he is now training with the team, he is still a bit behind in fitness."

Of course he is short of match practice,He brought him on against Villareal and took him off again 15mins later ::)

In fairness to Rafa, I think he means 'physical fitness' as opposed to match practice. Maybe he's puffing along at the back of the pack doing the 50 laps :D

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote"He was injured at the beginning of pre-season and had an operation and although he is now training with the team, he is still a bit behind in fitness."

what he meant was - he's shite - and Arbeloa is 20 times better than him

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Laoislad, I don't understand your hatred of Arbeloa. He has been consistenly steady since arriving and you must admit your being very harsh on him.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on August 13, 2008, 03:15:43 PM
Laoislad, I don't understand your hatred of Arbeloa. He has been consistenly steady since arriving and you must admit your being very harsh on him.

No
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

From that answer I can only assume that you know you are in the wrong and will not admit it.

Minus15

I don't agree that Arbeloa is rubbish. I like him but I just think hes not really solid. He turns his back on the cross a lot rather than getting the tackle in and his distribution isn't great. I would like Finnan better as a player but Rafa seems to have had a lack of faith in him over the past 12 months. Maybe he knows something we dont but a fit Finnan is a far more reliable than Arbeloa in my opinion

nifan

Quote from: Minus15 on August 13, 2008, 03:32:45 PM
I don't agree that Arbeloa is rubbish. I like him but I just think hes not really solid. He turns his back on the cross a lot rather than getting the tackle in and his distribution isn't great. I would like Finnan better as a player but Rafa seems to have had a lack of faith in him over the past 12 months. Maybe he knows something we dont but a fit Finnan is a far more reliable than Arbeloa in my opinion

Spot on.
Arbeloa should be back up, but to who? I dont know if Degen is the answer

Mentalman

Said it before, I don't know how he was anywhere near the Spanish squad for the Euros. Nothing personal, he just seems dead ordinary to me, and one performance against Barca isn't enough. I am definitely open to having my mind changed though. It looks like the right back slot is his for this season, let's see how he gets on - I hope he proves me wrong.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on August 13, 2008, 03:30:51 PM
From that answer I can only assume that you know you are in the wrong and will not admit it.

Think what ya like i couldn't give two fucks  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.