The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 28, 2008, 10:08:06 PM
So how will the team line out then with Keane there now?  With the current panel

Reina

Degen/Carra/Finnan  Skertel  Agger   Dossenna/Aurelio

Masch        Gerard           Alonso

Babel

Keane           Torres

With Hyppia, Kuyt, Arbeloa,Pennant, Yossi, Lucas (have I forgotten anyone, I haven't forgotten Vorinin ;D)this is a fairly strong 20.  Then you have the young lads like Nemeth, Spearing,Ngog,Insua and the new sub keeper and you have a fairly solid squad.

The Barry deal is looking further away by the day.  I actually think an outside punt could be made for Duff.  I know he is a bit injury prone but he would be cheap, maybe even a straight swap for Pennant.  Or if they get some money for the ponytailed pratt and maybe Pennant they could get Silva.  I find it strange that Bentley has not been persued.

There is no way Carra will be right back this year,He and Agger will be the perferred partnership in the "bigger" games
I was watching Nemeth play for Hungary's U/21's on Eurosport the other night..He looks like a right good player.I wonder how much action Ngog will get this year,I'd also like to see Insua and Lucas get gametime i am quite impressed with both
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stiffler

Quote from: ONeill on July 28, 2008, 10:40:57 PM
What a shit buy and speaks volumes for the fall from grace of Liverpool since the 80s. Ramos must be laughing all the way down White Hart Lane. Keane is not the sort of player big sides invest in. He will not win Liverpool the title. If Arsenal can't win it (and probably won't) I'd like to see the Scousers do it but with buys like this, kiss it goodbye. Crouch would've given you value for money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT4QhgQHP9A

:-*
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Norf Tyrone

Keane is turning a wee bit into an Anelka style mercenary....Coventry, Wolves, Inter, Leeds, Spurs, Liverpool!  :D

However I think he is a good buy, but a fait bit overpriced.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

EH? What's that got to do with Robbie Keane signing for Liverpool?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stiff breeze

What a shit buy and speaks volumes for the fall from grace of Liverpool since the 80s. Ramos must be laughing all the way down White Hart Lane. Keane is not the sort of player big sides invest in. He will not win Liverpool the title. If Arsenal can't win it (and probably won't) I'd like to see the Scousers do it but with buys like this, kiss it goodbye. Crouch would've given you value for money.

your so right we should have bought aaron ramsey!! ha ha another theo walcott me thinks , expensive carling cup player

brokencrossbar1

Fair enough O'Neill history has shown he has scored goals every where he has played, and hopefully in a better team he will score even more goals.  Also he is a clever second striker and i think he will play as a good foil off Torres.  

LL I think Skertel and Agger will be the first choice CB pairing for a lot of games.  Carra will play his fair share in the middle but will also play a lot at RB.  

The Real Laoislad

I have no idea if this is real or if its someone taking the piss but it was linked from the Lfc.tv website

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=1176573954
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

Quote from: stiff breeze on July 28, 2008, 10:56:35 PM

your so right we should have bought aaron ramsey!! ha ha another theo walcott me thinks , expensive carling cup player

Again,nothing to do with Liverpool buying Keane. Stick to the topic man.

As for scoring goals, I'm not so sure. He scored 13 for Leeds in 46 games. He scored 12 for Coventry in 34. He scored none for Inter in 6 games. He's not a prolific striker.

Yes I Would

Quote from: ONeill on July 28, 2008, 11:04:06 PM

As for scoring goals, I'm not so sure. He scored 13 for Leeds in 46 games. He scored 12 for Coventry in 34. He scored none for Inter in 6 games. He's not a prolific striker.

No but Fernando is, and id safely say that Keane will bag 15-20 if he can stay clear of injury.

ONeill

Well, tis your side - all I'll say is that I believe you haven't strengthened the side by losing Crouch and signing Keane. I thought Benitez would've went for a world class striker.

stiff breeze

Quote from: ONeill on July 28, 2008, 11:04:06 PM

just a few snippets to prove what a mooron you are

2003 16 goals for spurs
2004 17 goals
2005 16 goals
2006 22 goals the highest ever season tally of his career - scoring 15 goals in his last 15 appearances of the season.
On December 26, 2007, he became only the 13th player in the history of the league to score 100 Premiership goals.
2007 proved to be a remarkable year for the striker with a total of 31 goals and 13 assists from just 40 starts. His tally of 19 league goals in the calendar year was the highest of any player in the Premier League throughout 2007

not prolific you say!!!?? twat

now pipe down

brokencrossbar1

If you take recent form, say from 2004 he scored a goal in just over 2 games for Spurs and Ireland.  I think that is fairly consistent.  He has scored 169 goals in 443 club games and 33 in 81 internationals.  Compared to Henry for instance their strike rate is Keane 1 goal every 2.5 games, Henry 1 every 2.2 games(675 gamesclub and internatiol, 325 goals).  It is accepted that Henry has been the orlds top striker of recent years so therefore Keane's record looks favourable enough against that.  Also given the fact that he is not always the number 1 striker it is even better return.

I think he will be a very good aqcquisition and will take pressure off Torres in what is going to be a very difficult second season for him with so much expectation now landing on his lap.

ONeill

Quote from: stiff breeze on July 28, 2008, 11:16:09 PM

2003 16 goals for spurs
2004 17 goals
2005 16 goals
2006 22 goals the highest ever season tally of his career - scoring 15 goals in his last 15 appearances of the season.
On December 26, 2007, he became only the 13th player in the history of the league to score 100 Premiership goals.
2007 proved to be a remarkable year for the striker with a total of 31 goals and 13 assists from just 40 starts. His tally of 19 league goals in the calendar year was the highest of any player in the Premier League throughout 2007

not prolific you say!!!?? t**t

now pipe down

Those figures are poor for a striker who was Spurs No.1 man. He actually only scored 11 from 35 league games in 04/05, 16 from 36 in 05/06, 11 from 27 in 06/07 and 15 from 36 in 07/08 with Berbatov setting them on a plate. Keane's miss rate was atrocious and his inability to put away more than half the chances Spurs were creating then was the main reason they never reached the CL positions. Liverpool couldn't care less about FA Cup/Carling Cup/UEFA Cup goals against mostly crap opposition. It's the week-in-week-out league totals that count. Mark my words, you'll be cursing this fella by Halloween.

stiff breeze

Quote from: ONeill on July 28, 2008, 11:29:18 PM
Quote from: stiff breeze on July 28, 2008, 11:16:09 PM

2003 16 goals for spurs
2004 17 goals
2005 16 goals

not prolific you say!!!?? t**t

now pipe down

Those figures are poor for a striker who was Spurs No.1 man. He actually only scored 11 from 35 league games in 04/05, 16 from 36 in 05/06, 11 from 27 in 06/07 and 15 from 36 in 07/08 with Berbatov setting them on a plate. Keane's miss rate was atrocious and his inability to put away more than half the chances Spurs were creating then was the main reason they never reached the CL positions. Liverpool couldn't care less about FA Cup/Carling Cup/UEFA Cup goals against mostly crap opposition. It's the week-in-week-out league totals that count. Mark my words, you'll be cursing this fella by Halloween.

delighted with the signing myself. We shall see who does better this year, keane or nasri.

ONeill

If you want to. Nothing to do with this.