Whats with all the United talk ??? f**k on over back to yer own thread  :-*
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mackers

Quote from: stiff breeze on July 28, 2008, 02:24:00 PM
Quote from: mackers on July 28, 2008, 01:53:58 PM
Quote from: stiff breeze on July 28, 2008, 01:43:15 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 28, 2008, 01:19:16 PM
Keano has passed his medical - according to the Liverpool Echo

think he will be 1 of the signings of the summer. He is a hard working creative player and could play alongside or in the pocket behind torres freeing up gerrard for centre mid or right mid when mascherano returns.
Thought that in the pocket behind Torres was Gerrard's best position. He has proved on numerous occasions he is not a central midfielder, right side of midfield maybe, but not central.

gerrard has proved on numerous occasions he is not a central midfielder??? Is this a wind up?
No, stiff breeze it's not a wind up. Superb footballer but not good at the bread and butter jobs in central midfield........discussed on here on a few occasions..........Rafa obviously doesn't believe it either.........explains why he rarely plays him there.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Hound

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 28, 2008, 02:03:36 PM
Quote from: Hound on July 28, 2008, 01:57:39 PM
Quote from: full back on July 28, 2008, 01:51:02 PM
Quote from: Hound on July 28, 2008, 11:14:17 AM
Picking up Henry and offloading Saha would be very good business in terms of the 4th striker position however.

Did I miss something? When was Henry mentioned as a 4th striker

Rooney + Tevez + Berbatov + Henry/Saha = 4

Berbatov has signed then?

Are you being thick or pedantic?
United will sign Berbatov or a different striker if they can't get him.
They will also sign a 4th striker if Saha is sold.

Back to Pool....still no official word on Robbie....

stiff breeze

Quote from: mackers on July 28, 2008, 03:19:59 PM
Quote from: stiff breeze on July 28, 2008, 02:24:00 PM

think he will be 1 of the signings of the summer. He is a hard working creative player and could play alongside or in the pocket behind torres freeing up gerrard for centre mid or right mid when mascherano returns.
Thought that in the pocket behind Torres was Gerrard's best position. He has proved on numerous occasions he is not a central midfielder, right side of midfield maybe, but not central.

gerrard has proved on numerous occasions he is not a central midfielder??? Is this a wind up?
No, stiff breeze it's not a wind up. Superb footballer but not good at the bread and butter jobs in central midfield........discussed on here on a few occasions..........Rafa obviously doesn't believe it either.........explains why he rarely plays him there.

hes not good at breaking up attacks? attacking on his own ? placing passes to the forwards?  gerrard is a complete footballer and can play anywhere, the middle is where he is at his best. Rafa put him on the wings because we lacked speed and creativity there and we had alonso and masch for the middle. When masch is at the olimpics and If we get keane alonso will be the holding mid with gerrard alongside him imo

The Real Laoislad

I'd like if you told me of the times he has proved central midfield is not his best position because i can't agree with you on your above statement
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Stalin

For me, Gerrards best position probably isnt CM. He can be poor enough at times where tracking back/workrate is concerned, which would be his biggest downfall as a CM I think. Think also in recent years he has stopped putting himself about as much as he used to, and concentrated on the attacking/flair side of his game. Although he can certainly turn on the aggressive side when he wants to (particularly in the derbies).

I think we found his best position last season.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

corn02

People questioning Gerrard's workrate? I have heard it all now.

stiffler

KEANE SIGNS 4-YEAR ANFIELD DEAL

Robbie Keane has tonight put pen to paper on a 4-year deal at Liverpool Football Club. 
Fourteen years after turning down the club he grew up supporting in favour of Wolves, the Republic of Ireland captain finally completed a dream move following a medical at Melwood.

Keane is the fifth summer addition to Rafa Benitez's first-team squad after the arrival of David Ngog, Diego Cavalieri, Philipp Degen and Andrea Dossena.

The transfer is the sixth major move of a career which began with South Dublin side Crumlin United before the prodigious teenager burst onto the scene at Wolverhampton Wanderers in 1997.

A big-money move to top flight Coventry followed before Marcelo Lippi, manager of Italian giants Inter Milan, offered £13million for his services in 2000.

Keane would team up with Ronaldo and Christian Vieri in Serie A, though the move was to turn sour when Lippi was sacked.

A loan to Leeds United was arranged in December 2000, a deal made permanent six month later.

Unfortunately, Keane's arrival at Elland Road coincided with a growing financial crisis, and he was to join the exodus of stars in 2002 with a £7million transfer to Tottenham Hotspur.

Over the next few years the frontman, famed for his cartwheel goal celebration, finally settled, tallying an impressive 107 goals in 253 appearances and becoming a firm fans' favourite.

So good was his form in February 2006 that Inter president Massimo Moratti admitted his regret at letting Keane go.

Three months before departing for Merseyside he won his first senior honour as a player after helping Spurs beat Chelsea in the League Cup final.

The 28-year-old has also carved out a name for himself on the international stage having made up part of the so-called Golden Generation which emerged in the late 1990s.

The striker was part of the Irish side which triumphed in the 1998 European U18 Championships just months after making his senior bow against the Czech Republic.

His first international goal came against Malta in October 1998 and he is now the Republic's all-time record scorer ahead of Niall Quinn.

Keane famously scored a last-minute equaliser against Germany in the 2002 World Cup, one of three in the tournament.

Few were surprised when former Reds defender Steve Staunton handed him the captain's armband upon taking the Irish reins in 2006.

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stiffler on July 28, 2008, 06:43:25 PM
KEANE SIGNS 4-YEAR ANFIELD DEAL

Robbie Keane has tonight put pen to paper on a 4-year deal at Liverpool Football Club. 
Fourteen years after turning down the club he grew up supporting in favour of Wolves, the Republic of Ireland captain finally completed a dream move following a medical at Melwood.

Keane is the fifth summer addition to Rafa Benitez's first-team squad after the arrival of David Ngog, Diego Cavalieri, Philipp Degen and Andrea Dossena.

The transfer is the sixth major move of a career which began with South Dublin side Crumlin United before the prodigious teenager burst onto the scene at Wolverhampton Wanderers in 1997.

A big-money move to top flight Coventry followed before Marcelo Lippi, manager of Italian giants Inter Milan, offered £13million for his services in 2000.

Keane would team up with Ronaldo and Christian Vieri in Serie A, though the move was to turn sour when Lippi was sacked.

A loan to Leeds United was arranged in December 2000, a deal made permanent six month later.

Unfortunately, Keane's arrival at Elland Road coincided with a growing financial crisis, and he was to join the exodus of stars in 2002 with a £7million transfer to Tottenham Hotspur.

Over the next few years the frontman, famed for his cartwheel goal celebration, finally settled, tallying an impressive 107 goals in 253 appearances and becoming a firm fans' favourite.

So good was his form in February 2006 that Inter president Massimo Moratti admitted his regret at letting Keane go.

Three months before departing for Merseyside he won his first senior honour as a player after helping Spurs beat Chelsea in the League Cup final.

The 28-year-old has also carved out a name for himself on the international stage having made up part of the so-called Golden Generation which emerged in the late 1990s.

The striker was part of the Irish side which triumphed in the 1998 European U18 Championships just months after making his senior bow against the Czech Republic.

His first international goal came against Malta in October 1998 and he is now the Republic's all-time record scorer ahead of Niall Quinn.

Keane famously scored a last-minute equaliser against Germany in the 2002 World Cup, one of three in the tournament.

Few were surprised when former Reds defender Steve Staunton handed him the captain's armband upon taking the Irish reins in 2006.

You beat me to it ;D

Altogther everyone

KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO
;) ;) ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

I wonder will we get to see him play wednesday night in Spain?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stiff breeze

Quote from: Stalin on July 28, 2008, 04:38:36 PM
For me, Gerrards best position probably isnt CM. He can be poor enough at times where tracking back/workrate is concerned, which would be his biggest downfall as a CM I think. Think also in recent years he has stopped putting himself about as much as he used to, and concentrated on the attacking/flair side of his game. Although he can certainly turn on the aggressive side when he wants to (particularly in the derbies).

wat a joke of a post

mackers

Quote from: stiff breeze on July 28, 2008, 07:49:06 PM
Quote from: Stalin on July 28, 2008, 04:38:36 PM

wat a joke of a post
Didn't think I was going to start this sort of craic with an honest opinion. This was debated on this thread in the middle of last season when Gerrard was playing in the middle of midfield and had a few poor performamces. Quite a few posters did agree that Gerrard was better with a roving role. Do you not agree that some of his best football ever in a Liverpool shirt was last year when he was pushed up behind Torres? You seem to be mixing people with that opinion with people that don't think he's a great player. Calm yourself!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

brokencrossbar1

So how will the team line out then with Keane there now?  With the current panel

Reina

Degen/Carra/Finnan  Skertel  Agger   Dossenna/Aurelio

Masch        Gerard           Alonso

Babel

Keane           Torres

With Hyppia, Kuyt, Arbeloa,Pennant, Yossi, Lucas (have I forgotten anyone, I haven't forgotten Vorinin ;D)this is a fairly strong 20.  Then you have the young lads like Nemeth, Spearing,Ngog,Insua and the new sub keeper and you have a fairly solid squad.

The Barry deal is looking further away by the day.  I actually think an outside punt could be made for Duff.  I know he is a bit injury prone but he would be cheap, maybe even a straight swap for Pennant.  Or if they get some money for the ponytailed pratt and maybe Pennant they could get Silva.  I find it strange that Bentley has not been persued.

Minus15

To the tune of Dancing Queen

You are my Robbie Keane
Running free down the right wing
Robbie Keane Irish and green
The goal machine o yeah

He can pass, he can shoo-oot
Having the game of his life
Give it to Robbie Keane
Irish and Green the goal machine!

ONeill

What a shit buy and speaks volumes for the fall from grace of Liverpool since the 80s. Ramos must be laughing all the way down White Hart Lane. Keane is not the sort of player big sides invest in. He will not win Liverpool the title. If Arsenal can't win it (and probably won't) I'd like to see the Scousers do it but with buys like this, kiss it goodbye. Crouch would've given you value for money.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.