The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 22, 2008, 09:45:22 PM
On todays paper it said Liverpool were playing Hertha Berlin tonight live on Setanta yet i couldn't find it anywhere
Did we win?
I bought the new grey away jersey today very nice it is too

Zero - zero
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on July 22, 2008, 10:24:19 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 22, 2008, 09:45:22 PM
On todays paper it said Liverpool were playing Hertha Berlin tonight live on Setanta yet i couldn't find it anywhere
Did we win?
I bought the new grey away jersey today very nice it is too

Zero - zero

What was the first XI?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Minder

Liverpool: Cavalieri, Insua, Carragher (captain), Agger, Darby, Leto, Mascherano, Plessis, Pennant, Voronin, Pacheco. Subs - Hyypia, Kuyt, Skrtel, Degen, Dossena, Benayoun, Spearing, Hobbs, Martin
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

I saw Voronin miss a penalty. Not a bad save, but not a great pen.

J70

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 22, 2008, 09:57:25 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 22, 2008, 09:52:31 PM
Never liked the grey ones, not even back in the days of Barnes and Beardsley. The white shirts are always the nicest away strips.

No way hos-ay! I love the old Crown Paints grey one..The new one is very similar to it.I think its a fine top,Don't like the new red one at all
Also some of the more recent white ones haven't been great..especially last years
Anyone rememeber the Ecru one? jaysis that was vile

I had to look up "ecru"! :-[  ;D

Which one was that? The kind of creamish thing they had the first year they signed with Reebok (96-97 if memory serves). Or some other one?

AZOffaly

Yeah, sort of a beige/cream coloured one. The crest was the oval patch. It was Reebok's creation.

I actually hated the old 1992 -ish Green with the three white stripes over the shoulder. That was mank.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 23, 2008, 09:18:59 AM
Yeah, sort of a beige/cream coloured one. The crest was the oval patch. It was Reebok's creation.

I actually hated the old 1992 -ish Green with the three white stripes over the shoulder. That was mank.

That jersey always reminds me of Mike Marsh!  I have a very vivid memory of him wearing that jersey.  Horrid jersey :o

Chrisowc

Don Hutchinson and Ronny's invention of the cross bar challenge at Villa Park.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Captain Black

another youngun signed from spain. a defender.

corn02

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 23, 2008, 09:18:59 AM

I liked that one!!! It had Candy as sponsors..
If memory serves me right it actually came out before 1992 because the 1992 season they had the centenary badge and i think it was the first time they had Carlsberg but they retained the style of jersey with the 3 strips over the shoulder..
Didn't Ireland have a similar jersey? I think at the time that style of jersey was all the rage with teams sponsored by Adidas
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Yes I Would

Yellow Crown paints was my first jersey.  about 85 or 86. Still have it in the house and has never been bettered!

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Whacker

http://www.skysports.com/football/0,19521,11065,00.html

Liverpool land Ngog
Liverpool have announced the signing of teenage striker David Ngog from Paris Saint Germain.

The 19-year-old Frenchman has penned a four-year deal at Anfield and arrives for an undisclosed fee.

Ngog, who is a cousin of former Newcastle United defender Jean-Alain Boumsong, impressed at Parc Des Princes last term, despite the Ligue 1 club's poor form.

The youngster becomes manager Rafa Benitez's fourth signing of the summer following the captures of Andrea Dossena, Diego Cavalieri and Philipp Degen.

Who is this boy? Jesus Rafa would you catch a grip! The fact he is Boumsongs cousin should tell you to stay clear!