The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

Our Nail Loney

nifan

Very much a pre-season game, hard to take much from it - though I can only hope Degen isnt caught out as easy in a real game.

Our Nail Loney

Two one now thank f**k i backed them!

stiffler

Finished 2-1, well done our nial!

Pacheco looks like one for the future, him and Nemeth should be given a run out in Carling cup games this year.

That keeper plays like a brazilian keeper all right.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

bingobus

Robbie Keane will be signed by weekend. 20m or so. As per Stevie G's mate on the ynwa forum. He is always spot on and flagged this about a month back.

Vast majority of Liverpool fans are delighted. Good EPL player and always seems to score 15 or so goals. A hard working Rafa type of player, would play along the front 3 places.

The Real Laoislad

Haven't seen it mentioned on this thread but anyone else hear Alonso could be off to Arsenal?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: bingobus on July 16, 2008, 09:33:24 PM
Robbie Keane will be signed by weekend. 20m or so. As per Stevie G's mate on the ynwa forum. He is always spot on and flagged this about a month back.

Vast majority of Liverpool fans are delighted. Good EPL player and always seems to score 15 or so goals. A hard working Rafa type of player, would play along the front 3 places.

Just had a terrible thought...
If Keane signs for Liverpool we are going to hear "Keano Keano Keano" sung around Anfield  :o Arrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh  >:(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 16, 2008, 09:39:38 PM
Haven't seen it mentioned on this thread but anyone else hear Alonso could be off to Arsenal?

Cant rememeber where i read this but can confirm have had the same story.  Arsenal are lightweight in midfileld now with Flamini, Helb both gone and losing Diarra to Portsmouth at the beginning of the year, they really need some midfield players.  If the price was right i would sell him.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Mentalman

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 16, 2008, 10:11:47 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 16, 2008, 09:39:38 PM

Cant rememeber where i read this but can confirm have had the same story.  Arsenal are lightweight in midfileld now with Flamini, Helb both gone and losing Diarra to Portsmouth at the beginning of the year, they really need some midfield players.  If the price was right i would sell him.

If this is true, and I stress if, I would see it as a sign Liverpool should be holding onto Alonso. If however Rafa is determined to move on Xabi in order to get Barry then he should be mindful of the price he sells him to Arsenal at. We all know the Arsene is a rare judge of talent. We also know he is not shy of moving on players when they are past their best. That would tell me he sees Xabi as a talented player with more to give. Arsene also sees Liverpool desperate to sign Barry, and thinks he can make hay with a move for Alonso at a price he may not get him again at or that normally would be rebuked out of hand. With Gilberto and Flamini gone Alonso would surely get the uninterrupted run in a top side he deserves, one that actually thrives on pass and move. I really think Liverpool could regret taking part in that deal. The other aspect of it is are Liverpool now a club that sells thier best players to their rivals?  I also read today that Barry is back in training with Villa, but has done little or no training himself while banned. That more or less ensures you wouldn't see the best of him until midseason. Also reeks of a lad with not the best professionalism to me - as did the interview that got him in trouble in the first place. Anyway, it's all still ifs and buts at this point.

Oh the rumour I heard that I would love to come true is that Liverpool are in for Sergio Ageuro. Again, highly unlikely, but it would be great.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

GalwayBayBoy

From The Times

July 17, 2008

Liverpool have stepped up their efforts to sign Robbie Keane from Tottenham Hotspur as the impasse continues over the protracted deal to sign Gareth Barry. Rafael Benítez has identified Keane as an ideal strike partner for Fernando Torres and, with Barry's move from Aston Villa being held up by a disagreement over the transfer fee, the Liverpool manager has instructed his board to try to conclude a deal by the start of next week.

Tottenham maintain that they are unwilling to sell either Keane or Dimitar Berbatov, the Bulgaria forward, who has been the subject of a bid from Manchester United, but Liverpool and United believe that Tottenham, having been informed of both players' determination to move, will sell at the right price.

Both players are on Tottenham's pre-season training camp in Spain for the next week, but Keane could be flown to Merseyside - or to Switzerland, where Liverpool are preparing for the new campaign - if the club are able to agree a fee, which is likely to be in the region of £18 million, over the coming days.

Accelerating the pursuit of Keane would suggest a change of priorities on Benítez's part, but the Liverpool manager remains committed to a deal for Barry, even though he would be unable to sign both players without first selling Xabi Alonso.
Arsenal have been linked with moves for Barry and Alonso as Arsène Wenger, the North London club's manager, looks to fill the hole left by the departures of Mathieu Flamini to AC Milan and Gilberto Silva, who is set to join Panathinaikos. Liverpool do not take those reports seriously, though, and are confident that they will find an overseas buyer for Alonso, such as Atlético Madrid, before concluding a deal for Barry.

Villa are standing by their £18 million valuation of Barry, but despite the England midfield player's return to pre-season training yesterday, his departure appears inevitable. Martin O'Neill, the Villa manager, is willing to take Steve Finnan as a makeweight in a deal for Barry, but he has taken issue with Liverpool's valuation of the full back at £3 million. Villa expect to sign Brad Friedel, the goalkeeper, from Blackburn Rovers for a fee of £2.5 million.

Yes I Would

Cant see the Spurs off loading both Keane and Berba.
Barry saga has dragged on too long. He is not an £18 million player. Nowhere near it. Barry has made his own bed. Let him lie in it!!
Keane could be a decent buy but again the price suggested is staggering for a bit part player. Very effective at making space, by dropping out wide or coming deep,however it will be the rotation system again which wouldnt help Keane, as he is very much a confidence player.

Said it before and will say it again Alonso should be held onto if at all possible. If true thatthe gunners are keeping an eye on him says it all really!

Hound

One of the rumours yesterday was that Newcastle were in for Insua. They'd be pulling out of that pretty sharpish if they saw his performance yesterday. Degen didnt look too hot either.

Voronin, Benayoun and Pacheco linked very well together in the first half - deserved more than the two goals they manufactured. Super finish by Voronin (the pre-season friendly king!) for his goal. I don't like Plessis, the chap has no football in him. Lucas did alright, took his goal very well, but I'd like to see him try and boss a game, rather than settle for being a link man. Leto looked decent on the left wing and it was nice to see Babel back fully fit as he made an appearance in the second half (but its been confirmed he's off to the Olympics shortly).

AZOffaly

QuoteI don't like Plessis, the chap has no football in him

Jaysus, that's harsh Hound. I didn't see the game last night, but I saw him a few times for the reserves and the first team last season. I thought he looked like a promising young lad. Nice passing, athletic. Made a few tackles, and didn't do anything too silly. I'd give him more time than that to prove himself good or bad.

corn02

Quote from: Hound on July 17, 2008, 07:48:50 AM
One of the rumours yesterday was that Newcastle were in for Insua. They'd be pulling out of that pretty sharpish if they saw his performance yesterday.

Wait an see, he is a class act.