The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisowc

Tottenham have accepted an offer from Man Utd for Berbatov.  Where does that leave us with Keane?  I'd be surprised if they'd sell both of their strikers.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Chrisowc on July 14, 2008, 10:55:26 PM
Tottenham have accepted an offer from Man Utd for Berbatov.  Where does that leave us with Keane?  I'd be surprised if they'd sell both of their strikers.

That's what I was thinking too. It also means Spurs are in the market for a striker, and perhaps they might use that 28m for David Villa, although I don't think that he'd be keen.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

stevo-08

I think spurs will go after santa cruz.

Been a very frustrating summer as a LFC fan - the likes of Santa Cruz, Bentley, Keane all up for grabs & Rafa seems to have put all his efforts in getting Barry, which due to the Alonso situation might not happen now.

Rafa has promised a top striker this summer and I just hope he delivers. However with Man U looking to raise the bar further with berbatov, it looks like another disappointing season for Liverpool. I also think Spurs will come very close to getting into the top 4 places.

full back

Where did you see Spurs have accepted bid for Berbatov?

I see Arsenal have been mentioned has having an interest in Barry?
Doubt very much Wenger will splash out that sort of money.....

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Mentalman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7508000.stm

QuoteJuventus call off Alonso pursuit 

Juventus have called off their long-running pursuit of Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso after signing Denmark's Christian Poulsen from Sevilla.

Poulsen is the eighth new arrival in Turin during the summer.

And Juve president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has said he expects that to conclude the club's transfer activity.

"If I have to be honest, unless something extraordinary happens, we can say that we have concluded our transfer activity," said Cobolli Gigli.

Spanish international Alonso had been linked with a move to Juventus all summer, with his departure expected to pave the way for Liverpool to sign Aston Villa captain Gareth Barry as a replacement.

But Cobolli Gigli suggested Danish international Poulsen's arrival would result in Alonso remaining at Anfield.

"I am convinced that we have made a good choice by acquiring Christian Poulsen," he added.

"The signing is not a bet made by [Claudio] Ranieri but rather a tactical decision taken by Juventus, knowing that a powerful attack can only be supported by a strong midfield."
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

doire na raithe

Struggling to keep up with everything across the atlantic here but will Keane really go? I think this would be brilliant.

corn02

Jesus DnR where did you come from?

Looks like it depends on the Berbatov situation. The man would be a perfect foil and if we get him and Silva, Rafa will have had a good summer.

stevo-08

Quote from: corn02 on July 15, 2008, 11:20:58 PM
Jesus DnR where did you come from?

Looks like it depends on the Berbatov situation. The man would be a perfect foil and if we get him and Silva, Rafa will have had a good summer.

corn02, Do you think we are seriously after silva?
I thought all those rumours were long dead at this stage.

magpie seanie

It would be gas if Liverpool got Silva. Can you imagine Dunphy and Giles during Champions League games! Would be class!.

corn02

Yeah I think we will sign him. His price will not be as big as quoted. He had a good Euros but he is quite light, hopefully he can make an impact.

Mentalman

Quote from: corn02 on July 16, 2008, 01:46:38 PM
Yeah I think we will sign him. His price will not be as big as quoted. He had a good Euros but he is quite light, hopefully he can make an impact.

Being lazy about it, he really just reminds me of another Luis Garcia - too light, to wasteful of posession, can't imagine he will tackel back a lot - i.e. not suited to the premiership, will probably score crucial goals in Europe  ;)
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

SuperDooperCooper

Can anyone tell me a good company to go on a premership package with?
Looking at Celtic Horizon Tours but their hotel is in st helens.
Anyone used other companies tpo go over? (Heading for the Man U match on sept 13th.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: SuperDooperCooper on July 16, 2008, 04:45:07 PM
Can anyone tell me a good company to go on a premership package with?
Looking at Celtic Horizon Tours but their hotel is in st helens.
Anyone used other companies tpo go over? (Heading for the Man U match on sept 13th.

I have used Celtic Horizon Tours quite a bit..But we always have a hotel near enough to city centre(just up from Angels actually  ;) )
Maybe they have changed their hotel for this season though i dunno...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

charlie stubbs

game on channel 5 starting are cavieliri degen carragher agger insua benayoun plessis lucas leto voronin and the lad that started up front sat