The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Did you notice that the same day that Rafa apparently backed off the £20  million tag for Barry that Alonso was quoted as saying he wanted to be at Liverpool next year? A clea indication for me that Barry will not be coming.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: corn02 on June 20, 2008, 03:28:57 PM
Did you notice that the same day that Rafa apparently backed off the £20  million tag for Barry that Alonso was quoted as saying he wanted to be at Liverpool next year? A clea indication for me that Barry will not be coming.

That's what I am getting at.  Both parties don't want to close off their respective avenues but I think he will stay.  I will be glad if he does as I think he simply has gone off the boil form wise but that he could be a big player next season.

corn02

Agreed. I hate the way people think he has become poor because he hasn't scored from his own half in a while. His form has dipped no question, but when you are not getting a run in the tema it is hard to get momentum going. The man has the capability to be one of the best in the Premiership, one of my favourite players.

Team which would be nice for next season:

Reina
Carragher Skertl Agger Dossena
Kuyt Mascherano Alonso Silva
Gerrard
        Torres

brokencrossbar1

Couldn't really argue against that.  A player who might fit in nicely is Arse-Shaving, the Ruskie, but he could be a Rebrov instead of a Kanchelskis so might be too big of a gamble.

bingobus

I don't think Alonso ever said he wanted to leave and it was Rafa pushing for it. As a straight swap I could take Barry for Alonso, who's form has dipped in recent seasons. At 20m, never for a older player. Maybe Alonso will stay and see this summer as a wake up call and start pulling the strings again.

Not overly sure of Silva, a bit lightweight and maybe another Garcia who's ball retention was infamous at times. But he did deliver on the big stages. Expensive too.

Corn - no sign of a striker in list with Crouch going. Would you see Kuty and Babel as back up for Torres?

Also, you forget to factor in the  "Buy Crouch, get Voronin free and 10% discount" sale  ;D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: corn02 on June 20, 2008, 03:23:22 PM
A good development as even when ready to throttle each other , they would not sell.

There is no a lot of jigging needed.
Full-backs are hopefully sorted.

Keep Alonso, forget Barry.

Get in Bentley and Silva, Babel and Kuyt as back-up.

Sign Eto for under £20million. All in for £45 million.

4 million on Riise, 9 on Crouch, 5 carson, 3 pennant. Thats 20million-odd. Budget only needs to be £20 for the window then.

You'd missed the bus to Bingo if you eyesight is that bad!!!!

bingobus

Missed the bus....I stood out in front of it and got ran over!!!

;D

Back to the point though, couldn't see Eto making an impact. Would take that Russian Arshevian (sp?), younger and half the price. Could see him and Torres as the new Beardsley and Rush/Aldo.

corn02

I feel the same way about Eto as I do about Alonso. One or two quiet seasons does not turn them into a bad player. Two years ago we would of beeing chomping at the bit and now we are doubting him?

bingobus

Quote from: corn02 on June 20, 2008, 04:04:58 PM
I feel the same way about Eto as I do about Alonso. One or two quiet seasons does not turn them into a bad player. Two years ago we would of beeing chomping at the bit and now we are doubting him?

I would consider been let go by Barcalona as a sign of a player on the way down, either his appetite or attitude isn't what it should be or perhaps the manager just has his own ideas with the younger generation at Barca coming through.

I agree that he was a class act but that was some team in played with. Would he have the head/guts to play in a Rafa team? Same way that Ronaldhino was class and top of most peoples list 2 years ago. Its no co-incidence that City are the only club interested it would seem.

Minder

Etoo's performance against United at Old Trafford was pathetic, if he had of been on his game they would have tanked United. Messi was running rings round United players but Etoo wouldnt make a run, lazy f**ker........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

charlie stubbs

good hear americand are building bridges!could give rafa more money.  eto'o linke with inter dont know if would want him or not.  mae of mine said arshavin has a bu out clause of £10million.  dont know if he would cutit in the prem though.eastern europeans with bigger names havent e.g. sheva/rebrov.

bein lined with milner is the worst!just another average signing pennant mark 2 imo. 

all the papers where saying silva yesterday think hwe would be good addition we need a couple of playes that can beat men!!

el_cuervo_fc

I thought we had been priced out off Milner.  I was hoping Newcastle had shot themselves in the foot with over pricing.  Rafa's not still after him is he?   :(

Yes I Would

I hope not!! Dont think he would be much of an addition

el_cuervo_fc

I can't really see how he would be a great addition for us.  It's not as if he was brilliant for Newcastle, he showed glimpses of what he could do, but usually ended up trying to trun a player 3 or 4 times instead of crossing the ball at the first opportunity