The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Unreal man for shooting.  Whole-hearted and a real team player.  May have gone off the boil in the last 18 months but he will always be fondly remembered..."John Arne Riise, oh ah, I wanna knooooow how you scored that goal"

PS Gab nice photo :P

Yes I Would

Great left peg, shame he couldnt leave it behind him.  His defencive liabilities eventually caught up with him!!

GalwayBayBoy

New away kit. Tribute to the old grey Candy one by the looks of it.

girt_giggler

Not sure what to think of it, but why haven't they the 'carlsberg' logo in red also??

Anyone see Alonso's performance for Spain last night? Was top drawer, unlucky not to score 2 / 3 goals, some superb long range shooting.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 19, 2008, 01:02:14 AM
New away kit. Tribute to the old grey Candy one by the looks of it.

Jaysis im not sure about that...
Defiantly a throwback to the old Candy jersey made famous by the likes of John Barnes,Glenn Hysen and John Aldridge!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

bingobus

I'm liking the new away kit, very retro. Memories of the opening day of the 87 or 88 season away to Arsenal. Barnes tight shorts, Aldo's tash and him banging in a couple on his debut, some team that season, never see the likes of it again. 29 unbeaten until the toffes got one over us.

I see that Brazil and the Argies drew 0-0 last night. Big thing though was an injury to Anderson following a tackle by Masch. Early reports are that it could be serious enough. Would be a big miss to united.

Chrisowc

Quote from: bingobus on June 19, 2008, 11:32:31 AM
I'm liking the new away kit, very retro. Memories of the opening day of the 87 or 88 season away to Arsenal. Barnes tight shorts, Aldo's tash and him banging in a couple on his debut, some team that season, never see the likes of it again. 29 unbeaten until the toffes got one over us.

I see that Brazil and the Argies drew 0-0 last night. Big thing though was an injury to Anderson following a tackle by Masch. Early reports are that it could be serious enough. Would be a big miss to united.

:-* :-*

Yeah I remember that first day at the library.  Didn't Stevie Nichol score a header from outside box?

I wonder did Monster Mach have a score to settle after Steve Bennett's five minutes of fame?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

corn02

Lads how did we get 4million for JAR?

Love the away one, very retro. I found a carna transport Armagh jersey that I would consider wearing to Clones but people will probably think Im a cheap bastard rather than being 'hip'.

BTW why are Spurs and Villa in a race for Bentley and not us.

Does anyone know the site were you can check odds on what club players will be at next season? Loney had them last week.

Gabriel_Hurl

That's a serious nice kit

The keeper one looks great too

bingobus

Anyone any views on Arshavin, the Russian striker, who scored last night. Good player, if not a out and out striker. Was impressive for Zenit St Petersburg as well this year.

Seems to play in a role behind the striker and is very clever on the ball and reading other players runs. Could link up very well with Torres.

Few clubs linked with him - Newcastle, Everton  ;D, Arsenal.

Prob cost 10-12m but may be value for it, as I don't think Villa is a realistic target in his price range and others who may be after him.

Not too many Eastern European strikers have been a hit in the Prem, Rebrov and Shenchekeno (sp?).

corn02

Bentley, Bentley, Bentley.

Eto anyone?

stevo-08

Quote from: corn02 on June 19, 2008, 11:41:39 AM
Lads how did we get 4million for JAR?

Love the away one, very retro. I found a carna transport Armagh jersey that I would consider wearing to Clones but people will probably think Im a cheap bastard rather than being 'hip'.

BTW why are Spurs and Villa in a race for Bentley and not us.

Does anyone know the site were you can check odds on what club players will be at next season? Loney had them last week.

I think we are definitely in for Bentley. But blackburn are waiting until the manager position is sorted before discussing any players. He is eager to play CL next season so cant see him going to spurs/villa. I'd be quite confident we'll see bentley in Liverpool colours next season.

brokencrossbar1

QuoteGillett - Time is a healer
Reds co-owners begin to build bridges

George Gillett has revealed that he and fellow Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks are attempting to rebuild their strained business relationship.

The American duo endured a much-publicised bust-up last season and Gillett, who is thought to be keen to sell his share in the Reds, went as far as to describe the partnership as 'unworkable'.

However, Gillett now insists that he and Hicks are attempting to build bridges in order to help Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez mount a realistic challenge for the Premier League next season.

"It's fair to say that communication between the Hicks and the Gilletts has been substantially improved and I believe that it will be for the benefit of the club," Gillett told Canadian radio station Fan590.

Responsibility

"Time is a healer and there were things that had happened previously. It took a while for both of us to realise that we weren't communicating very well and the huge responsibility we have to the fans to do the right thing for the club.

"I believe that the Hicks family are communicating better with us and we're communicating better with them and I think that will be much better for the club."

However, Gillett refused to give a direct answer when asked if he was still interested in selling his share, saying: "I'm not going to comment on anything specifically."

Gillett, though, expects improvements next season and has hinted that Benitez will be supported in the transfer market, where Aston Villa captain Gareth Barry is a top target.

Transfer window

"All of us are focused on the transfer window and we want to be ready for that," added Gillett.

"We want to have adequate resources and good communication with Rafa and our hope is that we're making better progress.

"For a club that has a history of winning trophies, any season that you don't win one of the five or six trophies that we compete for, I suspect the fans, as well as the Hicks and Gilletts, are disappointed.

"We have to help Rafa try and be more competitive in the chase for the Premier League."

Hopefully the new found bon hommie will help loosen the purse strings. 

corn02

A good development as even when ready to throttle each other , they would not sell.

There is no a lot of jigging needed.
Full-backs are hopefully sorted.

Keep Alonso, forget Barry.

Get in Bentley and Silva, Babel and Kuyt as back-up.

Sign Eto for under £20million. All in for £45 million.

4 million on Riise, 9 on Crouch, 5 carson, 3 pennant. Thats 20million-odd. Budget only needs to be £20 for the window then.

brokencrossbar1

I agree with you there about the purchases corn.  I have a funny feeling Alonso will stay, the whole thing with Barry has gone stale and Rafa will not hang around.  My concern though is that of the £20m budget apparently available £8 m is set aside for Dosena(£5m up front with staged payments after that), they would get a few million for the sub keeper.