The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

corn02

He wouldn't exactly be popular at Anfield.

Chrisowc

Quote from: corn02 on June 06, 2008, 11:16:33 AM

I don't think Rafa is one for sentiment.  He tried to sign Lucas Neill remember, and look at what he did to Carra.

bingobus

I think he redeemed himself for getting Alonso suspended by blazing that last grasp effort wide V Chelsea in teh return. His goal for Barca was only a consolation.

In my opinion he would be a good option, very clever footballer who gets his share of goals while never been a prolific striker.

Chrisowc

Quote from: bingobus on June 06, 2008, 11:43:34 AM

I think he redeemed himself for getting Alonso suspended by blazing that last grasp effort wide V Chelsea in teh return. His goal for Barca was only a consolation.

In my opinion he would be a good option, very clever footballer who gets his share of goals while never been a prolific striker.

I think he would be an excellent partner for Torres.

stiffler

Barcelona forward Eidur Gudjohnsen may be set for a return to the Premier League, according to his father.

The former Chelsea and Bolton player failed to cement a regular place in the Barcelona side last season and is said to be considering his future.

"One Premier League club has shown a lot of interest in Eidur," father and agent Arnor Gudjohnsen told BBC Sport.

"He would certainly be interested in a move back to England, but he is not going to rush into making a decision."

He added: "Eidur and his family are settled in Barcelona and he has two years left on his contract, but his chances were limited last season." 

Reports in England suggested that West Ham and Newcastle were interested in the player.

The 29-year-old moved from Chelsea two years ago for about £8m, but injuries and competition for places in attack have limited his chances in the first team.

Last season, Gudjohnsen was moved to a midfield role by coach Frank Rijkaard, although he rarely completed 90 minutes in a match.

The Icelandic player, along with a host of other players, is believed to be surplus to new coach Pep Guardiola's plans for next season.

Would be a great signing for liverpool, should be able to pick him up for around £5million, and has bags of experience.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Minder

He is quite injury prone though, dont know whether that is because he is a quite a big lad for a professional footballer.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Am I the only one who wouldn't want this?

Yes I Would

Not convinced about it either. Would worry that he may lack the desire and to take us to next level.
In such a poor season for Barcelona he didnt seem to feature too often.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on June 06, 2008, 01:35:06 PM
Am I the only one who wouldn't want this?

No corn im with ya..Its not players like this we need to be buying..If he's not good enough for Barcelona what makes him good enough for Liverpool
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Midman

Gudjonsen would be a step from Kuyt and voronin as far as im concerned

charlie stubbs

looking forward to seeing degan playing 2day havent seen him play yet anyone saw this italian left back play yet!!?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: charlie stubbs on June 07, 2008, 10:28:34 AM
looking forward to seeing degan playing 2day havent seen him play yet anyone saw this italian left back play yet!!?

Degen is apparently very good going forward. Not so great defending. He's a converted right sided midfielder turned into a full-back.

Dossena isn't in the Italian squad although apparently Capello thinks he should have been.

The Real Laoislad

Mentioned in a newspaper today that James Millner could be on his way to Liverpool..
Not sure if that would be good or not...Might be another Pennant
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ExiledGael

Milner's a decent player but I'd be worried for Liverpool if they sign him. Another ordinary player to add to the list.
He's at the level he's right for, top ten teams like Villa and Newcastle.