The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Loved watching Beardsley. Could trap and control a cannonball fired at him from 3 yards.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Shrewdness

As a United fan, i was just wondering what you boys make of today's report that Chelsea have bid 40M for Torres.

Wouldn't Abramovich make you sick >:(

For all the money he spends, the only thing that Chelsea had to parade last Sunday were their kids and WAGS ;D

Minder

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 13, 2008, 12:27:13 PM
As a United fan, i was just wondering what you boys make of today's report that Chelsea have bid 40M for Torres.

For all the money he spends, the only thing that Chelsea had to parade last Sunday were their kids and WAGS ;D

What is your source? £40 mill would maybe, maybe buy you his left leg.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

Quote from: Minder on May 13, 2008, 12:31:23 PM

I think its coming from the spanish press

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: gawa316 on May 13, 2008, 12:39:38 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 13, 2008, 12:31:23 PM

I think its coming from the spanish press

It's on SKy sports

Reds reject Torres bid - report
Claims of £40million Chelsea offer
Last updated: 13th May 2008

Spanish reports claim that Liverpool have rejected a huge bid from Chelsea for Fernando Torres.

Radio Marca report that Roman Abramovich lodged a cheeky 50million euros (£40million) offer for Torres - who has shone on his debut season in England.

Liverpool are believed to have rejected the offer out of hand and did not discuss any possible deal as they have no intention whatsoever of selling the Spanish striker.

It is also claimed that Avram Grant tried to use his friendship with Liverpool's Yossi Benayoun to make it known to Torres, Chelsea's admiration.

However, Torres - who is readying himself to play a pivotal role for Spain at Euro 2008, is more than happy with life at Anfield and has no intentions of quitting less than 12 months into his Liverpool career.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_3558659,00.html

bingobus

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 12, 2008, 10:41:39 PM
Aldo ahead of Rush ???

Get away outta that

I'd have to agree with LL, Aldo was a legend in my eyes and I was bitter towards Rush when he came back for Juve and forced Aldo off to spain. Never forget Aldo's last game, the hammering against Palace and he came on to score the late penalty. He threw shirt, shorts, boots, the lot into the Kop. Had a great record at the pool.

Rushies goals would eventually soften the blow but I think Aldo would have done the job as good and porb better for a longer time than Rush. His acceptance by Real Sociedad fans was unreal. Wasn't he the first foreigner to play for the Basque club? Great records with them.

Other favourites - Steve Nicol (same birthday as myself  ;D ), Molby, Ronnie, Barnes, Beardsley (again sold too soon), Barney Rubble (met him twice - top bloke), McManaman (while he played he was a fav, not since), Emelyn Hughes (purely for Question of Sport, great player by all accounts).

Minus15

I started watching the reds in and around the coca cola cup triumph of 95 lads so I have fond memories of Roy Evans team so here goes my favourite 11 but not the best by no means. Probably not even the best since 95.

David James
Vegard Heggem
Jamie Carragher
Sami Hyypia
John Arne Riise

Steve McManaman
John Barnes
Steven Gerrard
Patrik Berger

Stan Collymore
Robbie Fowler

subs:
Reina, Finnan, Redknapp, Ince, Torres

gawa316

I starting supporting Liverpool around the early 90's, my fav team would be

Reina
Jones, Hyppia, Carra, Stig/Riise
Macca, Gerrard, Redknapp, Barnes
Fowler, Torres

Subs
Owen
Hamann
Garcia
James
Ruddock

girt_giggler

James

Babbel   Sami   Ruddock    Staunton

McManaman  Gerrard   Redknapp  Berger

Fowler   Collymore

Chrisowc

Brucie

Steve Nichol,  Hansen, Carra,  Stan

Macca, Gerrard, Ronnie, Digger

Robbie, Rushie

Subs
Pepe, Torres, Gary Mac, Big Jan, Sami
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

gawa316

Quote from: Chrisowc on May 13, 2008, 01:57:55 PM
                            Brucie

Robbie, Rushie

Subs

Good call

Minder

Quote from: gawa316 on May 13, 2008, 01:59:04 PM
                            Brucie

Robbie, Rushie

Subs

Good call

If only for that 40 yard free kick in injury time against Everton in 2001........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

Quote from: Minder on May 13, 2008, 02:03:57 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on May 13, 2008, 01:59:04 PM
                            Brucie

Robbie, Rushie

Subs

Good call

If only for that 40 yard free kick in injury time against Everton in 2001........

Gary Mac went on a great run of scoring at the end of that season including the pen against Barca and a free kick that basically relegated his former club coventry. If I remember rightly he didn't celebrate, always was and always will be a legend and a true gent

AZOffaly

Gary Mac seems to be a really nice lad, and he did a great job for Liverpool. However, he doesn't make my team of favourite players because he only was with LFC for a short time, and most of his best years were at Leeds or Cov.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: bingobus on May 13, 2008, 12:54:24 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 12, 2008, 10:41:39 PM
Aldo ahead of Rush ???

Get away outta that

I'd have to agree with LL, Aldo was a legend in my eyes and I was bitter towards Rush when he came back for Juve and forced Aldo off to spain. Never forget Aldo's last game, the hammering against Palace and he came on to score the late penalty. He threw shirt, shorts, boots, the lot into the Kop. Had a great record at the pool.

Rushies goals would eventually soften the blow but I think Aldo would have done the job as good and porb better for a longer time than Rush. His acceptance by Real Sociedad fans was unreal. Wasn't he the first foreigner to play for the Basque club? Great records with them.

Other favourites - Steve Nicol (same birthday as myself  ;D ), Molby, Ronnie, Barnes, Beardsley (again sold too soon), Barney Rubble (met him twice - top bloke), McManaman (while he played he was a fav, not since), Emelyn Hughes (purely for Question of Sport, great player by all accounts).

Would also feel a little bitter about how Aldridge was treated and i do think Liverpool would have been better off keeping Aldo than bring Rush back,I was at that game against Crystal Palace,Wasn't in The Kop unfortunately but it was some night..
Actually started following Tranmere as a second team when Aldridge went to manage them.
Never forget the first time i met him,Tranmere were over playing a pre-season friendly against Kilkenny City in Buckley Park..I was about 12 maybe 13..
When the teams were coming out for the 2nd half i made a dash for the pitch and somehow got past 3 stewards and onto the pitch,The stewards made a dash for me but Aldo was walking by just at that moment and told the stewards to leave me alone and i walked all the way up to the dugout with him and got the autograph and photo taken with him
I tell ya i was on a high for months after it.
I have met him a few times since in Liverpool at his bar..I told him the story once of the time i met him in Kilkenny he had a right laugh and gave us a couple of free pints.
The man is a legend in my eyes and an absolute gentleman.I was gutted there recently i found out he had been in my local in Lucan doing the Bulmers Full time quiz along with Ronnie Whelan i only found out about it the next day

You'll Never Walk Alone.