The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiff breeze

Quote from: full back on May 06, 2008, 12:33:56 PM
Quote from: stiff breeze on May 06, 2008, 12:30:29 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 06, 2008, 12:28:50 PM
QuoteThats a myth. Arsenal have bought nearly every player they have

They buy them young and develop them, suibtle difference between that and spending 16m plus on squad players like Hargreaves, Carrick or Nani. When was the last time Man U actually developed a player, Wes Brown???

ha ha and wat a development he is

He would make the scousers team ;)

after we get rid of riise there will be no more gingers in an LFC jersey!! lol they are a disaster

stiff breeze

Quote from: AFS on May 06, 2008, 12:32:51 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 06, 2008, 12:28:50 PM
QuoteThats a myth. Arsenal have bought nearly every player they have

They buy them young and develop them, suibtle difference between that and spending 16m plus on squad players like Hargreaves, Carrick or Nani. When was the last time Man U actually developed a player, Wes Brown???

Fletcher, Pique, O'Shea. And arguably Rooney and Ronaldo, both of whom came to the club before they turned 18. Most of Arsenal's young talent has also been bought when they were around 17/18.

your missing the point we are talking about developing talent. Fletcher and o shea are not in that bracket and pique is unproven. WE are also talking about devolping talent cheaply and rooney and ronaldo dont come in2 that bracket either.

Dinny Breen

QuoteFletcher, Pique, O'Shea. And arguably Rooney and Ronaldo,

Seriously Fletcher, Pique, O'Shea, they wouldn't even get into the Deby 1st XI. Rooney played premiership football with Everton and Ronaldo had alredy made his 1st team debut for Sporting. Rooney I believe was almost 19 when he signed.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

QuoteUnited currently have Brown, neville, scholes, fletcher and giggs in the squad who they never paid a bean for. how many have arsenal?

Right this is heading towards the school yard, my last comment is my Da is bigger than yours....
#newbridgeornowhere

stiff breeze

Quote from: Uladh on May 06, 2008, 12:34:01 PM
United currently have Brown, neville, scholes, fletcher and giggs in the squad who they never paid a bean for. how many have arsenal?

your away of the point i said i didnt want to buy the title like chelsea did. united brought youth ten years ago and won it and fair play to them , they dont seem to develop as much now because they can afford big names. arsenal are doin wat united did and i would like to see liverpool do the same rather than have a quick fix

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: stiff breeze on May 06, 2008, 12:43:54 PM
United currently have Brown, neville, scholes, fletcher and giggs in the squad who they never paid a bean for. how many have arsenal?

your away of the point i said i didnt want to buy the title like chelsea did. united brought youth ten years ago and won it and fair play to them , they dont seem to develop as much now because they can afford big names. arsenal are doin wat united did and i would like to see liverpool do the same rather than have a quick fix

Too late....how much has Rafa spent? Torres, Mascherano, Alonso.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

full back

If the pool continue the way they are going they will not be challenging for the PL in the near future.
Even if they decide to bring talent through the ranks, do you really think they will reap the rewards by challenging for the title next year?

Incidentally, you seem to think that all the pool have to do is add Barry for next season :D :D

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: stevo-08 on May 06, 2008, 12:11:38 PM

By the way, a little quiz question for you Pool fans to keep you occupied now the season is over: Apart from 1966, there have been 5 liverpool players, (past, present and future) to have played in a World Cup Final. Can you name them?

1 played while he was with us
2 joined us after playing (and winning) world cups
2 went on to play in finals after leaving us.

Hamann? Ziege?

stiff breeze

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 06, 2008, 12:49:49 PM

you have to be jokin me. Not even gonna have this arguement with you because if I dig up the spending figures for the past 3 seasons you will look very stupid.

stiff breeze

Quote from: full back on May 06, 2008, 12:49:59 PM

If the pool continue the way they are going they will not be challenging for the PL in the near future.
Even if they decide to bring talent through the ranks, do you really think they will reap the rewards by challenging for the title next year?

Incidentally, you seem to think that all the pool have to do is add Barry for next season :D :D

barry and perhaps another winger of bentleys pedigree and if we play insua at LB

full back

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: stiff breeze on May 06, 2008, 12:55:09 PM

you have to be jokin me. Not even gonna have this arguement with you because if I dig up the spending figures for the past 3 seasons you will look very stupid.

No I won't. You said you did not want to buy the league, and my retort suggests that Rafa has not exactly been left with a meagre budget these last few years. I'd say he has spent 100-150 million over the last few seasons.

stiff breeze

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 06, 2008, 01:00:46 PM
Quote from: stiff breeze on May 06, 2008, 12:55:09 PM

No I won't. You said you did not want to buy the league, and my retort suggests that Rafa has not exactly been left with a meagre budget these last few years. I'd say he has spent 100-150 million over the last few seasons.

liverpool only spent 30 million this season and that includes buying torres babel and mascherano. so did they spend 120 in the other 2? I dont think so. do your research

stiff breeze

Quote from: full back on May 06, 2008, 12:59:30 PM
Thought you wanted Kuyt there?

I would have kuyt there but if we could afford a top winger, which i doubt, then kuyt would be a good squad player to have.

AZOffaly

Quote from: stiff breeze on May 06, 2008, 01:09:55 PM
Quote from: full back on May 06, 2008, 12:59:30 PM
Thought you wanted Kuyt there?

I would have kuyt there but if we could afford a top winger, which i doubt, then kuyt would be a good squad player to have.

If Dirk Kuyt starts more than 20 games in the league for Liverpool next season, LFC will NOT win the league, or come close.