The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I wont lie, i hope Chelsea beat United out the gate in Moscow. As for Liverpool, too many players not good enough. You cant rely on Torres every single time. Mascherano was brilliant, amazing energy levels and he is without doubt the best player in world football playing that position. Big Sami always has that sort of mistake bubbling under the surface, Skrtel was a big loss as he would have been well fit for Drogba i think. The two teams with the biggest squads and most resources are in the final, who would have thought......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

whyarerefssobad

what happen to the great gerard went missing in action
always look on the bright side

stiffler

Quote from: The Gs Man on April 30, 2008, 10:47:45 PM
Quote from: stiffler on April 30, 2008, 10:41:52 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on April 30, 2008, 10:39:19 PM
Easy on stiffler. Your very grumpy these days. Took that off bebo for you. 'iii Strain get that hit off that website iii'

Good man jim, i thought u had matured beyond that point. Is it true you done mds to get £ for the new tv and ps3?

Is that where the ping pong ball story originates?

Stiffler, ye can take out your frustrations at indoor soccer tomorrow night, if your ankles still not the size of Jim Stynes' left ball!!!!!

Ankle's only the size of Jim's ball post-syringing now so il maybe risk it.

Did anyone watch the game on rte? what clock was that tube George Hamilton looking at?

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

tintin25

Quote from: Minder on April 30, 2008, 10:53:12 PM
I wont lie, i hope Chelsea beat United out the gate in Moscow. As for Liverpool, too many players not good enough. You cant rely on Torres every single time. Mascherano was brilliant, amazing energy levels and he is without doubt the best player in world football playing that position. Big Sami always has that sort of mistake bubbling under the surface, Skrtel was a big loss as he would have been well fit for Drogba i think. The two teams with the biggest squads and most resources are in the final, who would have thought......

The best two teams are in the final.

bingobus

Deserved to lose first half, deserved to win the second half. In the end mistakes are punished at this level and they were tonight.

Thought the Hypia challenge was a peno for us, ref looked like he was giving it but didn't.

At the moment couldn;t give a toss about the final. Roll on Euro 2008.

Torres was obviously taken off with a hamstring injury that will keep him out of Euro's and give him good rest for next year.  ;) Need two full backs, two wingers and a second striker of quaility. All who started on the wings and FB's can go. Keep them for cover maybe. Crouch I'm sure will leave, at his own request.

Finally, how plastic are Chelsea's fans. It was like a concert trying to get an atmorphere.

Destiny - Romans Moscow.

stiffler

Quote from: tintin25 on April 30, 2008, 10:57:42 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 30, 2008, 10:53:12 PM

The best two teams are in the final.

What semi finals where you watching? Barca played utd off the park in both legs, just never had that finishing touch.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Yes I Would

Torres & Masch the only two who have performed consistently well this season. Gerard did very little again tonite and hasnt had a great season. Alonso seems to have lost the ability to control the tempo of a game. High hopes have faded.
We are a long way off at the minute, and reckon only 2 possibly 3 of the side would get into either Chelsea, Arsenal or Utds side at the minute, and thats worrying!!
Am i just being a critical git or did anyone else think Reina should have done better on that first goal??

bingobus

Quote from: Yes I Would on April 30, 2008, 11:05:23 PM
Torres & Masch the only two who have performed consistently well this season. Gerard did very little again tonite and hasnt had a great season. Alonso seems to have lost the ability to control the tempo of a game. High hopes have faded.
We are a long way off at the minute, and reckon only 2 possibly 3 of the side would get into either Chelsea, Arsenal or Utds side at the minute, and thats worrying!!
Am i just being a critical git or did anyone else think Reina should have done better on that first goal??

Not really, he hit it low and hard and Reina was getting back into position. I did howver think Ginger made a girls attempt to get across and put a decent block on it. Carra would have thrown himself full into it.

girt_giggler

Reina always seems to be beaten at his near post, but to be fair the power on the shot for Chelsea's first goal was something else.

In the end it was the OG that has cost us dearly.  Poor first half, better the second but on the night it just wasn't enough. Definate penalty for Chelsea, Liverpool should have had one too & made it even more frustrating when the ref put the whistle into his mouth as if to blow...but didn't.  Full backs were poor, Carragher & masch were best for Liverpool.

As for RTE, jesus they talk some nonsense.  Chelsea's disallowed goal - how long did it take them to tell us the flag was raised!! was annoying.  Our bar had both sky sports coverage on one tv & rte on the other. Beginning of second half, looked up at sky sports coverage & players were all lined up waiting for the whistle to blow, then this long long delay.  Looked up & RTE were still at the ads!  It was as if the whole world was waiting on RTE to get back to the live coverage before the whistle could go! Was funny at the time.

Anyway, back to the drawing board....(again).

Have a flight to Liverpool for sale thats now not needed on 21st May!!

Silky

Completely gutted. I was convinced we'd take them on pens after Torres equaliser. That's the soccer over for another year as far as Im concerned. No real interest from here on and theres no way I'll be watching the final.

Billys Boots

QuoteMascherano was brilliant, amazing energy levels and he is without doubt the best player in world football playing that position.

I'd agree with that - I think he's been very, very good recently; the new Makalele.

As a neutral, I enjoyed the game from the second-half onward - first-half was wretched.  The best team probably won, but it rested (again) on penalty decisions given and not given.  I suppose Liverpool's jamminess had to end sometime.   ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

nrico2006

QuoteI was convinced we'd take them on pens after Torres equaliser.

Typical Liverpool attitude - not try winning a game for once that is not based on a format of luck (FA Cup Final V W'Ham, Champ League Final, Chelsea CL Semi last year).

QuoteWhat semi finals where you watching? Barca played utd off the park in both legs, just never had that finishing touch.

Goals win matches - United have been too often caught in Europe due to their swash-buckling all out attack approach, and this year have added a new found maturity to their game and used their defensive strenth to win - Barcelona pranced about with the ball and had loads of possession, but how often did they threaten Uniteds goal?  Sour grapes!

QuoteI wont lie, i hope Chelsea beat United out the gate in Moscow. As for Liverpool, too many players not good enough. You cant rely on Torres every single time. Mascherano was brilliant, amazing energy levels and he is without doubt the best player in world football playing that position. Big Sami always has that sort of mistake bubbling under the surface, Skrtel was a big loss as he would have been well fit for Drogba i think. The two teams with the biggest squads and most resources are in the final, who would have thought......

Hargreaves when playing there is as good as if not better than Mascherano, but H'greaves is showing his versatility at right back.  The two teams with the biggest squads and most resources are in the final? - sure lets punish United for becoming successful on the pitch and subsequently off it which has led to the club becoming wealthier and more successful.  Chelseas story is obviously different.  But as for squad size Uniteds and Liverpools is both of similar size - you are hardly complaining about having a small squad whenever L'pool can rest their stronger 11 for half the season as the league title race is effectively over for them by Xmas, while United have numerous players who have played in 90/95% of their matches!

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

No complaints really. I was very annoyed at half time with the attitude and lack of composure and/or urgency. Gerrard didn't try a leg in the first half, although he improved slightly in the second half. Carra and Skrtel/Hypia were grand, apart from Sami's mistake with his first touch which led to his lunge on Ballack. I thought Riise was poor, didn't use the ball when he had it, and was at least marginally at fault for both Drogba's goals.

Mashcerano was great, Alonso was poor. Gerrard I've spoken about. Benayoun did one thing in the whole game, and I'm sure that's what he was supposed to do, go at them. Instead he wasn't a winger, or wasn't a midfielder, he looked all at sea. Kuyt was Kuyt. Worked hard, but every time he got the ball he treated it like he hated it. Torres was isolated a lot of the time, but proved his class with the only real chance he got.

No complaints about the penalty, and taking Ballack's free kick, Drogba's miss and Essien's 'goal', all in all, I think the better team last night won, but at least Liverpool stirred themselves and gave them a good game. Chelsea were due one it seems, and they deserved it.

I won't be shouting for either team in Moscow, but I will be watching, and hoping it's a good game.

So that's that. When are Offaly playing Laois in the hurling?? :D

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 01, 2008, 09:18:29 AM
No complaints really. I was very annoyed at half time with the attitude and lack of composure and/or urgency. Gerrard didn't try a leg in the first half, although he improved slightly in the second half. Carra and Skrtel/Hypia were grand, apart from Sami's mistake with his first touch which led to his lunge on Ballack. I thought Riise was poor, didn't use the ball when he had it, and was at least marginally at fault for both Drogba's goals.

Mashcerano was great, Alonso was poor. Gerrard I've spoken about. Benayoun did one thing in the whole game, and I'm sure that's what he was supposed to do, go at them. Instead he wasn't a winger, or wasn't a midfielder, he looked all at sea. Kuyt was Kuyt. Worked hard, but every time he got the ball he treated it like he hated it. Torres was isolated a lot of the time, but proved his class with the only real chance he got.

No complaints about the penalty, and taking Ballack's free kick, Drogba's miss and Essien's 'goal', all in all, I think the better team last night won, but at least Liverpool stirred themselves and gave them a good game. Chelsea were due one it seems, and they deserved it.

I won't be shouting for either team in Moscow, but I will be watching, and hoping it's a good game.

So that's that. When are Offaly playing Laois in the hurling?? :D

When has this not been the case? Waste of space, subtlety is not his middle name.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

In fairness to him, he always used to chip in with a goal or a decent cross every now and then. It seems as if he's really struggling with that aspect of his game. He may well have played himself into a transfer last night, after the way the season has gone for him.