The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 30, 2008, 10:18:26 PM
Dont know who i will support in the final now! The only bright thing about it is that i will be in Vegas for it :)

:o :o Nice 1..... Take me Take me!!!

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: new devil on April 30, 2008, 10:21:26 PM
Dont know who i will support in the final now! The only bright thing about it is that i will be in Vegas for it :)

Would that mean i would have to cheer for United??

The Real Laoislad

Ah well i suppose Chelsea had to beat us sometime fair play to them. I naturally  hope they win it now. Fair play to Lampard aswell it eases the pain of losing when you see the emotion he displayed puts everything into perspective  
You'll Never Walk Alone.

new devil

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 30, 2008, 10:22:49 PM
Quote from: new devil on April 30, 2008, 10:21:26 PM

Would that mean i would have to cheer for United??

Of coarse!! il even give you a jersey  ;)

new devil

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 30, 2008, 10:23:51 PM
Ah well i suppose Chelsea had to beat us sometime fair play to them. I naturally  hope they win it now. Fair play to Lampard aswell it eases the pain of losing when you see the emotion he displayed puts everything into perspective  

Theres a surprise  :D :D

whyarerefssobad

if Gerard had off been playing tonight it might have been differant
always look on the bright side

J70

Oh well, that was disappointing, but what can you do? Silly mistakes made the difference in the end, with Riise's o.g. and Hyppia's mistimed tackle, but they've been the hero enough times in the past that they'll be forgiven. Hope Chelsea go on to win it now, and I hope the Liverpool management and players are magnanimous in defeat. The Liverpool v Man Utd meeting will happen eventually, given the frequency with which both teams are getting to the latter stages now.

Fair fcuks to Lampard. It cannot have been easy to even play the match, never mind take such a high-pressure penalty. Apparently his mother's funeral isn't till Friday - he must be an absolute mess.

stiffler

Firstly, fair play to chelsea, and good luck in the final.

Now into liverpool's performance.

We were always gonna struggle when Skrtl when off early, with pace against the Chelsea attack. Carragher done really well(as usual!), made a number of crucial interceptions, especially as he was on a yellow and risked the possibilty of missing the final.

Riise was slow to react for Chelsea's first. I dont think he is the answer to the left back position, id be happy to see him leave in the summer (maybe as a make weight in a deal for gareth barry?).

Rafa was proven correct with the Benayoun decision, his darting run made the difference for the goal. However, i thought it was a strange decision bringing on Pennant for Yossi, Babel would have been more suitable at that stage of the game.

Torres showed his class with the finish, he surely should have been left on in extra time when a goal was needed. Possibly he was injured, though an injured torres is more a goal threat than Kuyt any day. Dirk was nver in the game tonight, he just isnt good enough for a key role in the team as Rafa seems to believe(going by his team selections).

Mascherano immense again.

Im not sure if Rafa will stay for next season, i guess it may yet be decided by the off field antics.

Target for next season has to be to finish within touching distance of the premiership winners. Still 2 or 3 major players short of a realistic expection of bringing home league no 19.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

stiffler

Quote from: whyarerefssobad on April 30, 2008, 10:30:35 PM
if Gerard had off been playing tonight it might have been differant

If you had went to school more often, you might be able to spell now.

JimStynes

Easy on stiffler. Your very grumpy these days. Took that off bebo for you. 'iii Strain get that hit off that website iii'

stiffler

Quote from: JimStynes on April 30, 2008, 10:39:19 PM
Easy on stiffler. Your very grumpy these days. Took that off bebo for you. 'iii Strain get that hit off that website iii'

Good man jim, i thought u had matured beyond that point. Is it true you done mds to get £ for the new tv and ps3?

Is that where the ping pong ball story originates?

JimStynes

They done research on the effects which the ping pong ball have had so far and give me a load of money for it. well worth it. At least we wont be poisoned by scousers when we go to liverpool in a few weeks. You and tilly will probably spend your time in angels anyway.
Rafa shouldnt have been running his mouth about drogba before the game, he made him mad.

The Gs Man

Quote from: stiffler on April 30, 2008, 10:41:52 PM

Good man jim, i thought u had matured beyond that point. Is it true you done mds to get £ for the new tv and ps3?

Stiffler, ye can take out your frustrations at indoor soccer tomorrow night, if your ankles still not the size of Jim Stynes' left ball!!!!!
Keep 'er lit

Yes I Would

Another frustrating season with feck all to show!!
Players just arent there to deliver consistently to be taken seriously!Alot of money has been spent on rubbish, and unfort im not convinced that Rafa is the man.
Some of his decisions are baffling!!
Best team won on the nite!! Suppose the positive is that its not Utd taking us in the final!! Fancy Chelsea to take them!

JimStynes

Quote from: The Gs Man on April 30, 2008, 10:47:45 PM
Quote from: stiffler on April 30, 2008, 10:41:52 PM

Stiffler, ye can take out your frustrations at indoor soccer tomorrow night, if your ankles still not the size of Jim Stynes' left ball!!!!!

Its the right one G's man