Tanner
Dicks

Cheyruo - the new Zidane  ???
Jon Welsh - The new Gerrad, now struggling at Chester
Paul Stewart
Jimmy Carter - was he really a footballer

Nigel Clough - 2 goals against united isn't enough
Dundee/Voronin/Eric Meijer - take your pick

Dishonourable mentions - Leoharsden, Piechnik, Kvarme, Diao, Diouf, Riedle was also disappointing.

AZOffaly

Actually I started that off over there, picking the side I'd like united to field next Tuesday night.

For Liverpool, it's a hard task. Basically a lot of the lads from 1991 to 2008 would have a chance :D

For what it's worth..

David James (Then, not now).

Josemi
Torben Piechnick
Phill Babb
The Jimmy

Bruno Cheyrou
Paul Stewart (I'm getting sick thinking about this list :D)
Igor Biscan
Jimmy Carter

Sean Dundee
Anriy Voronin

brokencrossbar1

Anthony Le Tallec anyone? 
The Jimmy definitely has to be there, as does Mickey the Monkey.  Kromcrap, Pellegrino, Antonio Nunez, Abel Xavier,Tony Warner, Titi Camara, Frodde Kippe the list could go on and on and on ;D

corn02

Cisse gpt 14 goals in 48 games, shite but not shite enough for team. If you want to go on expectation leves Moreintes has to be considered.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: gawa316 on April 24, 2008, 08:42:46 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 24, 2008, 01:24:14 AM

To be fair a lot of the Scousers on here condemned Gerard last week (Credit to them). My beef was GAWA coming on and going over old ground again.

How exactly is it going over old ground when I was commenting on a match that I was at on tuesday?

I have never denied that Torres and Gerrard take a dive, but there are no where near Drogba in this aspect. On at least 4 occassions you would have thought he was seriously injured, just to get up 30 secs later and run on. Joe Cole was at it in the 1st half as well. A throw in down the line springs to mind, where he went down like a extra in Platoon.

As for Cashley he is just one of those hateful wee c***ts

That's ok then.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

thewingedlady

Would definitely have pellegrino in there, no pace at all although apparently he was a top lad. Lovely story from Istanbul where some of the Milan players fired their runner up medals on the ground in disgust and Pellegrino just dandered in to their dressing room, lifted three of them off the floor and gave them to Potter, Whitbread and one other lad who didnt get a medal.

AZOffaly

He certainly fitted in with the Scouser mentality so :D

Minder

Pellegrinos best days were well behind him when he came so i dont think we were expecting too much.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hound

No doubt whatsoever that Antonio Nunez was the worst footballer ever to pull on the red jersey.

Gabriel_Hurl

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bingobus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 24, 2008, 03:20:01 PM
Anthony Le Tallec anyone? 
The Jimmy definitely has to be there, as does Mickey the Monkey.  Kromcrap, Pellegrino, Antonio Nunez, Abel Xavier,Tony Warner, Titi Camara, Frodde Kippe the list could go on and on and on ;D

Bit harsh putting Titti on the list. Wasn't he on fire when he landed first? By the end he sucked alright.

Some corkers their. You would wonder how we never got stuck in a relegation battle with some of lugs we carried. I suppose we did have a fair balance of crap and quality at times.

Although the worst player ever was Des Hamilton that Newcastle paid big money for. He was shocking!!

timmyot501

Take Titi of the list - because he scored an odd cracker ;)

Never rated Zenden in his reds days either.
Warner
Kromkamp
Pelligreno
Phil Bad
Jimmy Traore
Josemi
Bruno Cheerioooo
Zenden
Nunez
Croc Dundee
Voronin

Actually Rafa brought a lot of the above to Anfield.

J70

Camara had a marvelous first season, before it all went wrong for him. I wouldn't necessarily write Mike Hooper off as a failure - he was a back-up to Grobellaar who performed just fine when needed.

Anyway, a few off the top of my head...

Westereld - brilliant at times, but too many lapses in concentration.
Josemi - looked top class when he arrived, but totally out of his depth after he came back from the first injury
Picnieck - awful
Babb - not much needs to be said!
Traore - poor positioning, lack of concentration, couldn't pass. Great tackler though!
Leonardsen - arrived with a big reputation, but never lived up to it.
Biscan - looked incredible that first day at Old Trafford and had some great games and decent spells, but mostly didn't look up to it.
Diao - out of his depth
Walters - another who arrived with a big reputation, but never seemed to have what it took to consistently beat defenders at the top level. Some good games and goals, but disappointing.
Morientes - complete let-down: just never showed what we all know he can do
Collymore - one excellent season, but attitude and performance was awful after that.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone