The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall Quinn

Tonight's performance by Torres is to change the game of football.
His shell will be fully cast aside and people will talk of this display for generations to come.
Torres v Chelski will be afforded the same hallowed tones as Maradona v Eng, Van Basten v Steau, and Withnell v Kerry.
It all came to me in a vision last night - you heard it here first.
Mon the Reds!
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Gabriel_Hurl

From the Bunker

Jez, Lads this is Chelsea, second in the Premier League and on the coat-tails of Manure. A team in great form, with a huge panel of talented players. No disrespect to Arsenal, but this is a totally different challenge to the previous round. The away tie first i feel will suit Chelski! Benitez will be happy with 0-0 or 1-0 ie no away goals.

stiffler

Liverpool: Reina, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Kuyt, Babel, Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard, Torres. Subs: Itandje, Hyypia, Riise, Benayoun, Crouch, Pennant, Lucas..

Chelsea: Cech, Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry, A Cole, Lampard, Makelele, Ballack, J Cole, Drogba, Malouda. Subs: Hilario, Shevchenko, Obi, Kalou, Alex, Belletti, Anelka.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Real Laoislad

A boy Kuyt ya fuckin legend  ;D here we go again  :-*
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Jaysis Arbeola is brutal can't understand how Finian isn't playing. Is he injured?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Bollocks anyway. I don't think there was much else Riise could do given the pace of the ball (and his lack of a right foot! :P) and the fact that Anelka was right behind him.

I thought Liverpool dropped off too much in the last 20 minutes anyway. In the first part of the second half, it looked like the second goal was there for them if they continued to force Chelsea back, but they started to back off towards the end.

Chelsea obviously favourites now, but Liverpool can still do this.

Terry and Carvalho have the art of putting in a dig while going up for headers down nicely.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 22, 2008, 09:14:10 PM
Jaysis Arbeola is brutal can't understand how Finian isn't playing. Is he injured?

Finnan's not playing cos he's brutal

Minder

Quote from: J70 on April 22, 2008, 09:45:59 PM
Bollocks anyway. I don't think there was much else Riise could do given the pace of the ball and the fact that Anelka was right behind him.

I thought Liverpool dropped off too much in the last 20 minutes anyway. In the first part of the second half, it looked like the second goal was there for them if they continued to force Chelsea back, but they started to back off towards the end.

Chelsea obviously favourites now, but Liverpool can still do this.

Terry and Carvalho have the art of putting in a dig while going up for headers down nicely.

He has two feet, well thinking about it only one that is any use. He couldnt do that again if he tried. He should have sunk the boot in it. I just think that will be the defining moment of the tie
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bingobus

Can't believe that.

a - The cross was let in too easy. Two against one in the corner.

b - Riise fecking right root. Trust the bloody thing.

Would be hopeful of getting a goal at the bridge but chances will be limited, while Chelsea are bound to get some as well. If Torres had been on form he may have got one. Essien will be  a big plus back for Chelsea

Hopefully Chelsea and United kick lumps out of each other on Saturday, while our ladies team will be taking iot easy against Birmingham.

Still can't believe it.

stiffler

Im as sick as a plane to Lourdes.

I was thinking Liverpool's luck was due to run out, but thats taking the piss.

Referee was brutal, Terry should have seen yellow a long time before he did, Arbeloa should have knocked Kalou into the kop before he could whip in that cross.

We know have to score at the bridge, aint gonna be easy, but it is possible.

Riise has a point to prove now after that goal, and he is likely to start given that injury to Aurelio.

I thought Dirk Kuyt was the best player on view tonight, not to often I have said that, but credit where credits due. He worked his socks off and cause chelsea problems all night.

At least we have a weeks break (with a stroll at st andrews on saturday), with Chelsea playing united on sunday.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: J70 on April 22, 2008, 09:45:59 PM
Bollocks anyway. I don't think there was much else Riise could do given the pace of the ball (and his lack of a right foot! :P) and the fact that Anelka was right behind him.

He could have swung his right foot at it for a start. It may have gone 20 yards straight up in the air but it would have done the job. Instead he tries to head a ball coming in at knee height the fecking clown. Absolutely shocking.

Can't see then recovering from that as they should probably have won the game 2 or 3 nil. That's a real body blow.

From the Bunker

Big task ahead for Liverpool at the Bridge. Looks like they now need t score twice. looks like Liverpools CL luck ran out tonight! As was mentioned Carvalliho and Terry are not afraid to use their body parts, but that's football. Benayoun was terrible when he came on, lost the ball through dodgy hopeful passes with no real pressure on the ball. Riise looked match unfit, but compensated with experience, unfortunate for the goal, these things happen! Cech saved the Chelski day really, class act!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 22, 2008, 09:47:43 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 22, 2008, 09:14:10 PM

Finnan's not playing cos he's brutal
Thats a odd thing to say and i couldn't disagree more as even if Finian isn't the player he was he is a far better player than Arbeola. Anyways thats another debate. As for tonight what a fuckin kick in the stones. Could and should have been 2 or 3 up. Torres was off form. Pity as he usually puts away some of the chances he got. I thought Carra was super and made two very important last minute tackles i wouldn't switch him with any other centre back in the world the man's a legend . If we play like that in the 2nd leg we have a chance but i fear our luck could have run out
You'll Never Walk Alone.