The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

any optimistatic fans lads, flights going to liverpool 4 the tuesday before the champions league final and coming home the thursday 9.98 with ryanair(belfast city).  me and a few mates booking on the night.if they dont get through, get a good rip out of it anyway.be great atmosphere though if did make it!!

Mentalman

Quote from: ThatManJimmyMagee on April 15, 2008, 04:55:25 PM
while it was an awful tragedy, is there any reason to go off on one every single year? i mean, United fans dont make a big hulla balloo over Munich every year. 10, 20, 25 years yes, but playing it out every year is a bit much.

It's a Liverpool supporters thread, and if the supporters want to mention it what harm?

For me personally it's a day I won't forget, and maybe that is one of the differences between it and Munich - it happened live in our sitting rooms for most of us, and to some in person, and is in the living memory of a lot of the current supporters. I have similar feelings about Heysel. In years to come when the memory fades maybe it won't be so prominent, who can tell? That in no way belittles Munich, where the flower of a generation was lost.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

ExiledGael

while it was an awful tragedy, is there any reason to go off on one every single year? i mean, United fans dont make a big hulla balloo over Munich every year. 10, 20, 25 years yes, but playing it out every year is a bit much.

Hulla balloo? A bit much? Can people not hold a memorial service, first I've heard of it this year anywhere.
Imagine people having the cheek to remember their dead.

J70

Quote from: ThatManJimmyMagee on April 15, 2008, 04:58:53 PM
not really, no. i just think its a bit ridiculous.

but bring on the backlash..... Zzzzzzzz

Its a bit ridiculous that families want to collectively, and with the club, remember 96 kids and young men who died just because they went to a match?

Who are you to tell them what is an appropriate way of remembering these people?

Should Liverpool FC tell them all to get a grip and to stop bothering them?

give her dixie

I will never forget that day as I was meant to be at the game.
I was living near Liverpool at the time, and I was promised a ticket from a friend only to be let down on the Saturday morning.
Feeling rotten, I was soon woken up to the drama unfolding on the T.V.
It was a sad sad day, and fortunatly my friends made it back o.k, however they were in that stand and were very lucky to survive.
So every year when the anniversay arrives, I can recall a very sad day for 96 supporters and their families, and a lucky day for myself.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

EC Unique

Stupid, provocitive, imature post >:( >:(

glens73

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3434293,00.html

Article on Sky sports interview with hickey.

He had to google Jurgen Klinsmann, doesn't mention it here but he said this in his interview, just sums up his knowledge of football.

corn02

Absolutely terrible comment Jimmy Magee.Do you honestly think United fans don't pay their respects every year on the Munich annivesary, as do football fans from all over the World.

Really one of the stupdest comments I have ever heard on this board.

Uladh

You obviously haven't been following the grants thread...

EDIT - jesus, that icon magazine looks like some pile of self indulgent shite

ThatManJimmyMagee

Quote from: corn02 on April 17, 2008, 10:11:36 AM
Absolutely terrible comment Jimmy Magee.Do you honestly think United fans don't pay their respects every year on the Munich annivesary, as do football fans from all over the World.

Really one of the stupdest comments I have ever heard on this board.

each to their own, if you feel the need to bring it up every single year go ahead.

edit: there is nothing terrible about the comment, it neither belittled the tragedy nor mocked it.

gawa316

Just booked me flight and got my ticket for tuesday's semi...can't wait!!

corn02

It belittles it for me?

Where you get the ticket GAWA?

ThatManJimmyMagee

well then, i'm very very sorry.  :-\

*done in best father jack voice*

corn02

Lovely and respectful there. Hope if you attend family anniversary masses no one tells you to stop harping on about it every year.

ThatManJimmyMagee

no, but then again i dont advertise the fact that its their anniversary.