The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I wouldnt be too hard on Wenger, i dont think Benitez or Whiskeynose would have been too gracious after suffering a defeat like that either. Walcott is lightning quick but Mascherano was close to catching until he fell on his hole.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

QuoteWalcott is lightning quick but Mascherano was close to catching until he fell on his hole

Close, but not close enough!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stevo-08

I dont think too many have mentioned his name here yet, but what about Sami Hyypia. Talk about a player who always delivers in big matches!!! Yes, he's 34 and has lost a few yards of pace but he makes up for that with guts & heart. Nearly 450 appearances for the club and 3 CL q-final goals :o :o  Has also scored lge goals against man u & arsenal down through the years and was one of the very few Liverpool players to turn up v man utd in anfield last december.

will always be a Liverpool legend.

nrico2006

Hyypia has been some servant to Liverpool and has still alot to offer. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 09, 2008, 10:09:19 AM
Hyypia has been some servant to Liverpool and has still alot to offer. 

High praise indeed

myball22

God, I know Liverpool fans have a reputation for whining but this is ridoculous from Arsenal fans.

Yes, they should have had a penalty last week but the ref didn't cause Bendtner not to move out of the way and wanted the glory for himself and the ref last night did not stop Adebayor have the miss of the season!!
Also the ref is not to blame for not bringing in a few experienced players to help and cover for the season meaning that Gilberto had to play and was out of his depth.

Babel was going at speed into the box, any touch at all and you are risking a penalty, that's the way it is.

Arsenal had chances in both legs, didn't take them and got punished, that's football and I think the Arsenal manager and fans need to show the class on the field now off the field and lose with grace.

Or should I bring up that the penalty not given last week was over shadowed by Wenger seeing the incident!!

Oh Sami is a legend and Torres too.

Mentalman

Torres goes missing again in a big game  :-\ Sendoras the victim this time  :)
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

girt_giggler

who cares how the aggregate win came about - we are through. end of. Next...

stevo-08

something again very noticeable watching last nights game (and I was reminded of it from the posts about wenger on the brady v dunphy thread). How the hell does rafa stay so calm when Liverpool score??? I dont know any other manager who reacts like rafa does. He just puts the head down and scribbles some notes!!!

A mate of mine made the same point during the Inter match. Kuyt scores the crucial first goal, everyone in the stadium goes ballistic except for rafa who writes a few notes. My mate reckoned he was writing something like: "Note: At next training, tell Dirk to hit the ball into the ground more often!"  :D

Minder

I dont think i have ever seen him celebrating during a game, i suppose if you are a Martin O Neill type character jumping about like a halfwit it is hard to remain and focused as you cant really watch the match as a fan.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: stevo-08 on April 09, 2008, 01:43:03 PM
something again very noticeable watching last nights game (and I was reminded of it from the posts about wenger on the brady v dunphy thread). How the hell does rafa stay so calm when Liverpool score??? I dont know any other manager who reacts like rafa does. He just puts the head down and scribbles some notes!!!

A mate of mine made the same point during the Inter match. Kuyt scores the crucial first goal, everyone in the stadium goes ballistic except for rafa who writes a few notes. My mate reckoned he was writing something like: "Note: At next training, tell Dirk to hit the ball into the ground more often!"  :D

A mate of mine always says when he sees Rafa scribbling in his notebook "there he is getting the pizza order ready again. One ham and pineapple. One tomato and mozzarella. No anchovies". Never fails to crack me up. ;D

the Deel Rover

did anyone hear the "gift grub "rafa this morning fecking brilliant
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Minder

I thought the funniest thing was when Clive Tylsdsley, who i loathe, said "and neither George Gillette or Tom Hicks are present at Anfield tonight", camera shoots straight to Gillette sitting beside Rick Parry...........

stevo-08

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 09, 2008, 01:56:43 PM
Quote from: stevo-08 on April 09, 2008, 01:43:03 PM

A mate of mine always says when he sees Rafa scribbling in his notebook "there he is getting the pizza order ready again. One ham and pineapple. One tomato and mozzarella. No anchovies". Never fails to crack me up. ;D

:D :D :D :D thats brilliant GBB

nifan

Quote from: Minder on April 09, 2008, 02:05:02 PM
I thought the funniest thing was when Clive Tylsdsley, who i loathe, said "and neither George Gillette or Tom Hicks are present at Anfield tonight", camera shoots straight to Gillette sitting beside Rick Parry...........

Aye flustered himself badly then, going on about snow on the runway last week :D