The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 24, 2008, 02:00:08 PM
QuoteMasch should never of been sent off. If that was the way referees act then Terry or Rooney would never have finished a match. Having said that he was like a grumpy bollix yesterday and would of been sent off at some stage.

How can anyone say he shouldn't have been sent off?  Was the ref suppose to put up with the grinning p***k in his face all day?  He was on a yellow and ran 20 yards to give out to a referee that was after awarding a free kick to his team?  WHY? and that's not even considering what he was at before that. I think the ref would have been forgiven for decking the stupid bollocks.

He wasn't complaining about the free-kick. He asked Bennett "what was that for?" after he booked Torres for getting hacked down for the 4th time in 20 minutes.

Masch was mouting off quite a bit although nothing you don't see players doing in many games and getting away with it. In fact when he came over to Bennett after he booked Torres he was actually quite placid. He wasn't aggressive or anything. He asked why was Torres getting booked and Bennett straight away got the yellow card out again. Masch was stupid as Bennett was itching to make an example of someone after the Ashley Cole incident where he was the 4th official. After watching Torres get kicked up and down the park the entire first half he lost it when he saw Bennett book Torres for asking for some protection. he'll know better next time. Hopefully.

pintsofguinness

QuoteHe wasn't complaining about the free-kick. He asked Bennett "what was that for?" after he booked Torres for getting hacked down for the 4th time in 20 minutes.

and what business was it of his? He ran 20 yards to mouth at the referee AGAIN! and him on a yellow card as it was.
It doesn't matter that he had a stupid grin on his face (that just makes you want to slap him), he was being a right w**ker and there's no way any ref should have to listen to that the whole game.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

magpie seanie

QuoteAfter watching Torres get kicked up and down the park the entire first half he lost it

I must have been watching a different game. Torres kicked up and down the park? Me hole. Liverpool should have been down to ten men earlier when Carragher should have been sent off for the foul on Rooney.

Bad weekend for you GBB. I'm getting quite used to Sligo winning championship games against Galway at this stage!

full back

Can someone point out when Torres was kicked up & down the park?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 24, 2008, 06:22:43 PM
QuoteAfter watching Torres get kicked up and down the park the entire first half he lost it

I must have been watching a different game. Torres kicked up and down the park? Me hole. Liverpool should have been down to ten men earlier when Carragher should have been sent off for the foul on Rooney.

Bad weekend for you GBB. I'm getting quite used to Sligo winning championship games against Galway at this stage!

Torres came in for some rough treatment. Surely you boys aren't denying that much? When he was fouled that time when Bennett booked him for daring to ask for protection it was the 4th time he was fouled in something like 20 minutes.

As for Sligo winning even the sun shines on a dog's hole every now and then. ;D

new devil

NEWS FLASH: Torres cant do it in the big games  ;D

This is bullshit about torres getting kicked around the park...Rio put him in his pocket again
Why wasn't Stevie G playing yesterday? LL is Carra still better than Rio?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: new devil on March 24, 2008, 06:58:04 PM
NEWS FLASH: Torres cant do it in the big games  ;D

This is bullshit about torres getting kicked around the park...Rio put him in his pocket again

Think he proved in the San Siro that he can

Gerrard was playing yesterday. Was the game on too early for you - and your eyes were a bit strained?

stew

Quote from: new devil on March 24, 2008, 06:58:04 PM
NEWS FLASH: Torres cant do it in the big games  ;D

Stevie G was the only man that semed to be capable of taking a shot on the liverpool side. He played alright.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Mascherano was asking for it yesterday. Benitez should have told him to shut his mouth long before the sending off. Mouthing off to the referee like that when on a yellow was just pure stupidity.

Carmen Stateside

Have to hold my hands up and say United were by far the better team yesterday! Even before the sending off United should have been out of sight, Liverpool gave away to much possesion and were defending far to deep.  As for Alonso's defending against Ronaldo for his goal, pathetic! Hope this result doesnt knock the stuffing out of us as the schedule in the next few weeks is pretty tough to say the least!
Cant defend Masc for what he done either he had to go, been guilty of the same offence myself a few times :-[

Minder

Agree Carman, they were so sloppy with the ball in the first half hour and were really jittery at the back. Masch was asking for trouble alright but the incident reinforced for me how weak and pathetic an indivisual Steve Bennett is......How you can play Kuyt as a right winger is beyond me as he has no pace.....
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Minder on March 24, 2008, 08:56:14 PM
Agree Carman, they were so sloppy with the ball in the first half hour and were really jittery at the back. Masch was asking for trouble alright but the incident reinforced for me how weak and pathetic an indivisual Steve Bennett is......How you can play Kuyt as a right winger is beyond me as he has no pace.....

He makes me sick :'(

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 24, 2008, 09:05:02 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 24, 2008, 08:56:14 PM

He makes me sick :'(

No harm but if i was in charge of Liverpool, i would take my financial loss on Kuyt and give him away to some other club for free, he really does not provide anything to the Liverpool cause!!!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

myball22

Not only that, he will cost Liverpool dear if he continues to play. He'll miss a guilt edged chance or lose possession that will cost us a goal. You usually don't hear his name without the words "poor first touch" afterwards. Couch must be considering his position if he continues to be left out.

Alonso continues to be poor, I think in the summer Liverpool need to sell Alonso, Riise and hopefully Carson to build up a budget to buy the players we need.

J70

There's quite a number of players who could get the road again this summer. Alonso wouldn't be one of them for me, even if he hasn't played the best of late, although I suppose he could bring in a bit of money. The turnover at Liverpool has been very high over the past few years though, and it seems that every season they have to spend two months getting the new players bedded in. I'd stick with Alonso and get rid of the likes of Kewell, Riise, Crouch, Voronin and so on. Kuyt I'm not sure about. He has been awful this season and is certainly not a right midfielder, but I thought he had a good season last year and maybe he needs to be given a bit of time to get his form back. They should probably take the money if anyone is buying though. Its hard to know what will happen - perhaps some of these numerous youngsters who have been brought in and are doing well in the reserves and youth teams or on loan will make a breakthrough, but unless some more very serious money is spent on high-fee, top class players, does anyone really think that Liverpool are going to push on and find the level United and Chelsea are at? Yet another three or four Benayouns or Gonzalez's are not going to make the difference.

Seriously though - who in the present squad is good enough for a championship run?

For me, from the regular line-up:

Reina (some costly mistakes on Sunday all right, but he has been an excellent buy overall)
Agger (maybe the jury is still out, particularly with his long term injuries, but I've been impressed)
Carragher (been poor enough by his standards this season, but he's been outstanding overall over the past four or five years)
Mascherano
Alonso (has the talent, even if his form has been patchy of late)
Gerrard
Torres

Potential:
Babel
Lucas
Skrtel

Adequate squad players:
Aurelio
Arbeloa
Finnan
Benayoun
Crouch

Disposable:
Voronin
Pennant
Kuyt
Riise
Carson
Kewell
Hyypia

It doesn't make pretty reading, does it?