The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Minder on March 15, 2008, 02:59:17 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 15, 2008, 02:53:16 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 15, 2008, 02:44:37 PM
Therein lies the problem, too many "solid, decent " players . . . .

What do you want from a Liverpool full-back?

It is not a position I'd expect a manager to be spending 10-15 million pounds to fill.
someone fast,athletic,decent going forward,something we dont have at the minute. Sagna, Eboue or glen johnson at pompey would do grand

I don't want that cheating c**t anywhere near Liverpool

stevo-08

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 15, 2008, 02:17:36 PM
I fail to see the hate towards Arbeloa on this board - it truly baffles me

Is that in reply to my post?? Jaysus, hate is a fairly strong word - I only said he's possibly not a good enough full back to have for a PL winning team. I actually think he is a good player but we definitely need at least one full back in the class of cole, evra, clichy, sagna in order to compete with utd, chelsea, arsenal. 1 player of that calibre and then I would be very happy to have either finnan/arbeloa as the other, both being very solid full backs.

Carmen Stateside

Hes had a decent first half today!
Jesus that Hunt lad does some crying >:(

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 15, 2008, 02:17:36 PM
I fail to see the hate towards Arbeloa on this board - it truly baffles me

Are you watching the game today Gabe? Ah, live footy on a Saturday - one of Canada's many luxuries!!
Liverpool look pretty solid, but I think its clearly evident that Arbeloa, Aurelio, and Skrtel are not up to the task. Probably not fair to judge given my limited exposure, but they really look a step behind the rest of the team today.
On the plus points, what a turn of pace and finish by Mascherano, and Babel looks really up for it today - is he right footed? He seems to always want to cut inside from the left wing.
Truly awful commentary btw - when Liverpool equalised, the commentator offered 'Well you've heard of the night of the long knives, today is the day of the long shots...' Nice bit of mixing fascist metaphors!
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 15, 2008, 03:54:43 PM
Hes had a decent first half today!
Jesus that Hunt lad does some crying >:(

He's looked constantly unsure of himself and has give away a lot of possession - I'd be surprised if he comes out for the second half.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

J70

I thought Skrtel was excellent today. Aurelio had a good game, except for the one he lost on the corner of the box. I thought Arbeloa was fine too - he had a tough battle with Hunt, but he gave him little or nothing.

Tough win overall - it was a bit nervy with those two frees at the end. Reading worked extremely hard closing Liverpool down, as they did in the away fixture earlier in the season. Another three points though - a month ago, Liverpool would probably have given up two in that game.

J70

Well, Liverpool have won their last five league games and the champions league quarter final, all games they arguably would be expected to win (San Siro aside, perhaps, although I wasn't that surprised).

The next five games looks to be a slightly tougher run: :P

23 Mar, 2008   Manchester United Barclays Premier League A 13:30   
30 Mar, 2008   Everton   Barclays Premier League   H 16:00   
02 Apr, 2008   Arsenal   Champions League Quarter Final (1) A 19:45   
05 Apr, 2008   Arsenal   Barclays Premier League   A 12:45
08 Apr, 2008   Arsenal   Champions League Quarter Final (2) H 19:45   

Should be interesting, especially to see if Torres can keep banging them in. His scoring rate will obviously slow down, given the opposition, but this run will tell to what extent, if any, Liverpool have turned yet another corner.

Rasmatazz:)

All scouscers get a grip. Liverpool lack class. One player stands out and that is Torres. SG allways goes on MIA when the big games cum around .Lets face it u will be very lucky if Everton do not take 4 place .Rafa gone . He has not got the julies ,SG gone ,The yank's know how to to business. Should be happy u have them .Just think how bad u could be if they wernt there. No Torres,no SG MIA captain. Get a reality cheauqe. Only 2 team's have a chance for champions leauge .Man U % Chelsea.
Get real .Live in the real world .Up the Manc's  :-*

J70

Fulham 1 - 0 Everton

A bit of breathing space then.

A point at Old Trafford next week and victory against Everton at Anfield the week after should set Liverpool up nicely.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Rasmatazz:) on March 16, 2008, 02:24:36 PM
All scouscers get a grip. Liverpool lack class. One player stands out and that is Torres. SG allways goes on MIA when the big games cum around .Lets face it u will be very lucky if Everton do not take 4 place .Rafa gone . He has not got the julies ,SG gone ,The yank's know how to to business. Should be happy u have them .Just think how bad u could be if they wernt there. No Torres,no SG MIA captain. Get a reality cheauqe. Only 2 team's have a chance for champions leauge .Man U % Chelsea.

:D :D :D Tosser!

u spending too much stateside wolly.Get real plonker ;D

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Rasmatazz:) on March 16, 2008, 02:24:36 PM

Missing in big games??

You mean like in the Champions League Final 2005 or FA Cup Final 2006 or Liverpool v Olympiakos 2005? Yup he is always going missing in big games  ::)
Lucky United have Ronaldo who always does it in the big games  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Listen big games , Man U , The Gunners ,Chelsea,,the big games .Watch this weekend , he will be missing,anderson showed him up last time ,scholes will do it this time, best thing for liverpool is a draw or a steal 1.0. Don't think it will happen .Utd have a bite same as chelsea ,u scouscers don't just have it right now , too much inhose shit going on . :-*
Come on theeeeee devils  ;D

deiseach

Do Man U fans think games against Arsenal and Chelsea in the league are bigger than, er, the European Cup final? I hope so, I really do.

J70

And of course United have never stolen a 1-0 over Liverpool... ::)