The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Uladh, it has to do with the Regulations in regards to away teams being allowed a run out on the 24 hours before the game I think.

stevo-08

Quote from: Uladh on March 04, 2008, 12:01:29 PM

what exactly have the american owners done to incur your wrath? have they not bankrolled rafa sufficiently? why is everyone keen to welcome DIC?

Uladh, my main gripes with the yanks are as follows:
- Their complete lack of respect towards Rafa. They were tapping up Klinsmann as a possible replacement as soon we had a dip in form.
- They promised alot in finances but delivered little. People will point to torres, Babel, etc as big spending but yet again we had to sell players before getting these funds - Bellamy, Luis Garcia, Cisse & others. It's far from the big war chest that was promised.
- The club has being dragged through the gutters in relation to the off field activity. It's no coincidence that this has happened under the reign of the arrogant, loud mouthed yanks.

To be honest, I dont know alot about DIC. And with the relationship starting to settle between rafa & the yanks, Im wondering if selling to the arabs would be a good move. If the yanks could shut up, let rafa get on with his job & just write checks whenever required then I'd be happy enough with them. The recent Skyrtel & Masch deals were much appreciated, more of the same please.

Uladh

Quote from: stevo-08 on March 04, 2008, 01:01:41 PM
- The club has being dragged through the gutters in relation to the off field activity. It's no coincidence that this has happened under the reign of the arrogant, loud mouthed yanks.

ah come on, you can't believe that?

stevo-08

Yes, of I course I believe that. Who are you blaming - Rafa??

Im fairly sure that if we had sold to somebody like the Man City owner or even DIC, there wouldnt have been half the dung in the media that we've seen over the last 5 months. A little bit of discretion isnt much to ask for.

As i said, let the yanks shut up & allow rafa get on with his job.

Chrisowc

Quote from: stevo-08 on March 04, 2008, 02:54:04 PM
Yes, of I course I believe that. Who are you blaming - Rafa??

Im fairly sure that if we had sold to somebody like the Man City owner or even DIC, there wouldnt have been half the dung in the media that we've seen over the last 5 months. A little bit of discretion isnt much to ask for.

As i said, let the yanks shut up & allow rafa get on with his job.

I actually believe the stories around the manager's position are personal against him rather than professional.  Maybe because he gives the same stock answers to questions and gives very little away?  I dont know, but there is definately something in that.  The only Journo I know who consistently sticks by him is Guillem Ballague (sp?) and thats because he's a mate.

On Sky's Sunday supplement Tony Evans of The Times, who I believe is a Liverpool fan, was calling for Rafa to be sacked saying he hadn't improved the team, has had enough time etc.  Then, in the same breath complimented Bill Kenwright for sticking by David Moyes, when he could easily have sacked him last season for poor performances in the league!!  He kept a straight face too.

At least the captain said in an interview yesterday (on LFC TV) that he was fed up with the press twisting his words to fit their agenda.  Don't think that will make the papers somehow.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

stevo-08

Quote from: Chrisowc on March 04, 2008, 03:07:35 PM
I actually believe the stories around the manager's position are personal against him rather than professional.  Maybe because he gives the same stock answers to questions and gives very little away?  I dont know, but there is definately something in that.  The only Journo I know who consistently sticks by him is Guillem Ballague (sp?) and thats because he's a mate.

Probably right. I think the journos have been looking for something else to fill their papers ever since jose left. And my point is that Hicks, in particular, has given the media all the ammunition they need to slate both Rafa & the club.

Gabriel_Hurl

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N159067080305-1910.htm

QuoteFernando Torres starts for Liverpool against West Ham tonight despite media reports of a stomach bug.

Meanwhile, Martin Skrtel partners Jamie Carragher at centre-back as Sami Hyypia drops to the bench.

The Liverpool team in full is: Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Riise, Mascherano, Alonso, Kuyt, Gerrard, Babel, Torres. Subs: Itandje, Pennant, Crouch, Benayoun, Hyypia.

Chrisowc

anyone have a world wide interweb link for the match?

AZOffaly

QuoteIm fairly sure that if we had sold to somebody like the Man City owner

I'm delighted we are not associated with Shinawatra. At least the Yanks are just cut throat capitalists. Shinawatra has serious questions to answer regarding his time in Thailand.

stevo-08

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 05, 2008, 07:42:25 PM

I'm delighted we are not associated with Shinawatra. At least the Yanks are just cut throat capitalists. Shinawatra has serious questions to answer regarding his time in Thailand.

as am I AZ, im just making the point that the yanks have ensured we've rarely been out of the headlines and most of the time, it hasnt been good PR. They could take a leaf out of Shinawatra's book in that regard.

Gabriel_Hurl

Chrisowc

Chrisowc

stevo-08

watchin on sopcast. 1-0 HT. totally dominant but need the important 2nd to seal it. is that the 17th PL goal for el nino???