The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossie11

Get your money on another Milan Pool final.
Dunphy reckons they are both crap..

supersarsfields

Quote from: EC Unique on February 20, 2008, 09:30:56 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 20, 2008, 12:47:01 AM
As I said before the game.......................

But some fools never listen  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I don't think it matters that Milan had a player sent off,And i admit unfairly sent off,
Inter weren't at the races even with 11 players,and too be honest its often a harder task to score against 10 than 11 as the team with 10 defends more as we saw tonight

The un-fair sending off ruined the game as a contest (even though it took Liverpool 55 mins to score)
11 verses 11 in Italy will be interesting. I expect liverpool to play with a back 10 and the complete opposite to lastnights game. The question is.. can they hold off?  I fancy 2-0 and penalties :o :o

Naw it was ruined as a contest when Milan were playing for a nil nil from the of. I'd go two nil for the second leg as well. Tho no penalties!!  ;D

Though Masch was very good and at least Liverpool were getting the ball out wide last night. Tho some of Finnan's crosses were woeful. Gerrard was poor enough without the goal. I was watching him during the game and when he had Masch and Lucas behind him he should have been making a better effort to get forward.

It was a definite penalty aswell. Paddy ya big p***k ya!!

Norf Tyrone

Good result for yer lot last night. I didn't see much of it, but what I did see the saending off was harsh but Lpool seemed to dominate posession before and after anyhow. I was too busy watching the classic on ITV 4!

I jsut hope that as Lpool have nothing else to play for- getting 4th place should be a gimme- that they again can ply all their resources and energy into the CL. A luxury mssers Grant, Benitez and Ferguson cannot do!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

full back

How the fcuk do the scousers pull results out of the hat like that ???

Nimbus

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 20, 2008, 02:15:08 PM

I jsut hope that as Lpool have nothing else to play for- getting 4th place should be a gimme- that they again can ply all their resources and energy into the CL. A luxury mssers Grant, Benitez and Ferguson cannot do!

Bit of a contradiction there my friend.

AZOffaly

I assume he meant 'Grant, Wenger and Ferguson'.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

J70

Quote from: full back on February 20, 2008, 02:17:14 PM

Were you really that surprised?

Liverpool can match anyone in a cup-tie (they've knocked Chelsea out of cups three times over the past four seasons, while only beating them once in the league). Its the league that is the problem.

bingobus

What surprises me is that people are surprised at results like that from liverpool in the CL. Over the past three years in the comp plus this year as well they have taken on whoever and have only been taken down when it counts by Benfica.

I would fear no-one in the tournement over two legs. Inter will prob pose more problems in the San Siro than they did last night but with their two CB possibly out, I would fancy us to nick one goal that would see us through.

Results like last night can be frustrating. However, I think that if Kuyts effort V City on Dec 29th went in like lasts night, then we wouldn't be too far off Chelsea. It is fine margins that make a season and if we got the three points their it would have lifted everyone at the time but it had the opposite effect. It is like the plastic treble season, Gary Mac's winner V Everton in injury time just carried the team onto greater heights while a draw then could have been disasterous.

EC Unique

Quote from: J70 on February 20, 2008, 04:04:55 PM

Were you really that surprised?

Liverpool can match anyone in a cup-tie (they've knocked Chelsea out of cups three times over the past four seasons, while only beating them once in the league). Its the league that is the problem.

Except Barnsley :D :D

All joking aside Liverpool amaze me in this competition. They have been terrible for about 4 months in England but turn in a performance lastnight. Don't get me wrong they were far from outstanding but certainly alot better than they have been. Can they keep it going?? Can they up their performances at home to secure 4th or do they just win the CL and not worry about 4th :D :D :D

GaryColemansLeftPeg

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 19, 2008, 11:11:16 PM
QuoteWhat was dunphy saying about stephen ireland and some of the other rep players? missed that bit

Think he said that the Ireland players were as good as the Inter Milan players. Utter nonsense of course. Unfortunately some fans buy into everything he says and it looks like the expectations for Trapattoni are going to be unrealistically high.

Not what he was saying at all.  He was on about the level of performance that the players would give.

gawa316

Inter Milan will be without both first choice centre backs for the return clash with Liverpool in the San Siro. 
Marco Materazzi is suspended after being sent off for two bookable offences at Anfield, while Ivan Cordoba could miss the rest of the season after it emerged he sustained cruciate ligament damage during the second half of Tuesday night's game.

With Walter Samuel already sidelined with a similar injury, full-backs Cristian Chivu and Nicolas Burdisso are likely to be asked to hold the defence together by Inter coach Roberto Mancini.

Big bonus for Liverpool with Cordoba out, thought he was fantastic on Tuesday, however we probably would be better off with Matterazzi playing as Torres definitely had the better of him for the short time he was on the field.

bingobus

Would be a case for Crouch to play with two FB playing in centre of defence. Doubt he'll start him though, should play some part though.

brokencrossbar1

5 across the middle, Torres on his own to use his pace on the break.  Inter will have to chase the game, so if you play maybe Babel and Benyoun on the wing they could use their pace as well.

Is Masch suspended?  If not him, Gerard and Lucas or Alonso in the centre.

Soak it up for the first 20 minutes, get the home fans on Inters' back, they will leave gaps as they take chances and then hit them up the channels.

gawa316

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 21, 2008, 12:03:55 PM
5 across the middle, Torres on his own to use his pace on the break.  Inter will have to chase the game, so if you play maybe Babel and Benyoun on the wing they could use their pace as well.

Is Masch suspended?  If not him, Gerard and Lucas or Alonso in the centre.

Soak it up for the first 20 minutes, get the home fans on Inters' back, they will leave gaps as they take chances and then hit them up the channels.

If Rafa desides to go for a 5 man midfield (which I say he will), I hope he uses midfielders in these roles.

My team at present would be

Reina
Finnan Carragher Hyppia Arbeloa
               Masch Lucas
Benyayoun    Gerrard      Babel
                   Torres               

Possibility of swapping Lucas and Alonso. I know Alonso hasn't been playing to his best recently but he has big game temperament and won't (shouldn't) give the ball away.

Plan B if needed bring on Crouch and Pennant