The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Lads we have had this argument before. Liverpool have won every other cup since 2001, Uefa, League (in its various guises) FA and Champions League. We have not got any closer to winning the premiership. I just dont see how winning the FA Cup prepares you in any way for having a shot at the Premiership in the subsequesnt years.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on February 18, 2008, 02:44:28 PM
Lads we have had this argument before. Liverpool have won every other cup since 2001, Uefa, League (in its various guises) FA and Champions League. We have not got any closer to winning the premiership. I just dont see how winning the FA Cup prepares you in any way for having a shot at the Premiership in the subsequesnt years.

So you'd rather Liverpool won nothing for however long it takes them to win a Premieship ?
Winning or not winning cups is not going to bring them any closer to landing the Premiership but i would rather see them winning something than winning nothing...

Every Liverpool fan would take the Premiership over any of those throphys Champions League included but the simple fact is they aren't good enough and it could be the next decade before they are even close to challenging for the league so whats the f**king point of playing in any of these Cups if they aren't going to try and win them because they certainly won't be winning a Premiership any time soon
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Minder on February 18, 2008, 02:44:28 PM

Is winning something not better than winning nothing?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

I only gave my opinion, "when i were a lad" the F.A. cup was huge but in the last few years teams do not give a s*it about it. When Reading and indeed teams in the Championship are playing weakened teams it tells you something about a competitions worth, and of course we had United not even entering in 99/00. Of course it would be nice to win it now and again but i dont get too bothered when we get knocked out of it. If i was asked would i rather win the F.A Cup every year for the next ten years or the league once i know what the answer would be.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

QuoteIf i was asked would i rather win the F.A Cup every year for the next ten years or the league once i know what the answer would be.......

I understand that, but at the minute it's win the FA Cup once or win FA!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 18, 2008, 03:08:10 PM
QuoteIf i was asked would i rather win the F.A Cup every year for the next ten years or the league once i know what the answer would be.......

Not quite true..
Anybody that writes Liverpool off in the Champions League hasn't watched much soccer over the past 3 years
Remember they won it with a far worse squad than they have now,
League form goes straight out of the window in the European Cup
Otherwise Man United and Chelsea would have the very least made a final in the last 5 or 6 years  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

It's true. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we beat Inter Milan tomorrow and then fail to beat Middlesbrough at home on the weekend.

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 18, 2008, 03:45:33 PM

Not quite true..
Anybody that writes Liverpool off in the Champions League hasn't watched much soccer over the past 3 years
Remember they won it with a far worse squad than they have now,League form goes straight out of the window in the European Cup
Otherwise Man United and Chelsea would have the very least made a final in the last 5 or 6 years  ;)

Here's the misconception, they were not a weak squad, that group finished alot closer to a Premiership title than the present bunch. There are alot of average players at Liverpool at the Moment.

full back

League form goes straight out of the window in the European Cup

Just remember LL, if you dont finish in the top 4 you wont have to worry about the premier competition in Europe ;)

SuperDooperCooper

Not true, we could win the champions league and it doesn't matter where we finish in the league........

EC Unique

I think it is pretty much a cert that Liverpool are not going to win the CL. Their Priority must be to srcape forth in the premiership to get the money from CL next year. You boys are in lala land if you think pool are going to win the CL :D :D.. Its no mistake that they are 14-1 to get it.. ;)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: EC Unique on February 18, 2008, 04:36:21 PM
I think it is pretty much a cert that Liverpool are not going to win the CL. Their Priority must be to srcape forth in the premiership to get the money from CL next year. You boys are in lala land if you think pool are going to win the CL :D :D.. Its no mistake that they are 14-1 to get it.. ;)

Was this the same lala land they were in in 2005 and last year when they reached the final.. ???
Not saying Liverpool will win it I personally doubt they will,but i wouldn't be in the least surprised if they made it to a another semi final or final,but only a fool or someone who doesn't know much about soccer would write them off completely
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 18, 2008, 04:13:31 PM

Not quite true..
Remember they won it with a far worse squad than they have now,League form goes straight out of the window in the European Cup

Here's the misconception, they were not a weak squad, that group finished alot closer to a Premiership title than the present bunch. There are alot of average players at Liverpool at the Moment.

The group of players who won the CL finished 5th that year so how do you make out they were a lot closer to a Premiership title... ???
Plus they had the likes of Traore,Baros,Mellor,Cisse,Smicer,Biscan,Josemi in the squad so IMHO as bad as they are playing at the moment the Liverpol squad is better now than in 2005
You'll Never Walk Alone.

EC Unique

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 18, 2008, 04:51:24 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 18, 2008, 04:36:21 PM

Was this the same lala land they were in in 2005 and last year when they reached the final.. ???
Not saying Liverpool will win it I personally doubt they will,but i wouldn't be in the least surprised if they made it to a another semi final or final,but only a fool or someone who doesn't know much about soccer would write them off completely

I don't think it is the same. Things are much worse in Liverpool. The mood amongst the players seems worse. The manager is nervous and the fans are def un-settled. If Liverpool were to win the CL it would be a bigger up-set that 2005 I think.  Tomorrow night will tell a tale or two. :)  I think 'only a fool or someone who doesn't know much about soccer' would fancy them to do well in the CL but time will tell. ;)

full back

Quote from: EC Unique on February 18, 2008, 05:04:02 PM
If Liverpool were to win the CL it would be a bigger up-set that 2005 I think.  Tomorrow night will tell a tale or two. :)  I think 'only a fool or someone who doesn't know much about soccer' would fancy them to do well in the CL but time will tell. ;)

If the scousers win the CL it would be similar to Elvis atop Shergar being led by Lord Lucan strolling down O'Connell Street for fcuk sake
They have no chance at all. Rafa is slowly tearing them apart & this must be very painful for any real pool fan