The Real Laoislad

Yessss

Liverpool 2
Sunderland 0

Torres great finish!!!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

a bit of pressure off now - results elsewhere went the way you'd want them too

Crouch simply has to start against Chelsea - although I fear we'll see the headless chicken again

Hoof Hearted

not a pool fan myself, but crouch done more in an hour on sat than kuyt has done all season. im a big fan of crouch and there are 16 other clubs in the prem who would love to have him in their team, maybe arsenal too
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

new devil

Big crouch is one of the best big men with the ball at his feet Ive ever seen...not getting a fair deal by Rafa

Midman

Kuyt should be sent to the knackers yard and turned into glue! Hes fast becoming Rafas Heskey , at least Heskey had one good season! We need to see Babel more, hes inconsistent but he has pace and power and can score. What about Torres and Babel upfront?

supersarsfields

From 365

A number of Liverpool players are reportedly becoming increasingly restless about Rafa Benitez's team selection.

The Spaniard's rotation policy has caused much consternation with sections of the Liverpool support, but The Times now reports that several players have become disenchanted.

And the names of the players involved will cause the most concern to Liverpool fans.

Xabi Alonso, previously thought to be fiercely loyal to Benitez, is reportedly unhappy about his lack of chances in the first team in recent weeks, and relations between the two Spaniards are apparently increasingly strained.

Javier Mascherano has been preferred alongside Steven Gerrard in central midfield, and Alonso was left out of the squad altogether for the 3-0 win over Sunderland at the weekend.

Alonso refused to answer questions about his club situation when he was interviewed in Spain yesterday, and quotes from Benitez yesterday go further to suggest that all is not well in the Anfield dressing room.

Benitez said: "Xabi needs to step it up.

"When you are not 100 per cent fit, you want to play every game because you need to play more games to build up your fitness. But if Gerrard, Mascherano or Lucas [Leiva] are playing well, it means there is competition for places, which is good for the team. Xabi knows he needs to work harder if he wants to have a place in the team."

In addition, Jamie Carragher is apparently unhappy about being asked to play at right-back against Sunderland, while John Arne-Riise has sought to 'clear the air' with his manager.

So it looks like Rafa might be losing the dressing room bit by bit. Disappointing to see Alsono complaining. Usually very quiet so there must be something in it.

mackers

But can't you see Rafa's point as well? A lot of posters have pointed out that Xabi isn't playing to near the same standard as he was a couple of years ago. He does need to step it up.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

supersarsfields

Yeah course I can. And Alsono would have been one of my favorite players but he hasn't played consistently for two years now. But when he's on form I think he's brilliant. But in saying that Gerrard and Lucas have hardly set the world alight over the last few games. Masch is quality and deserves to start all games. Him Torres and carra should be starting every game.
I know the story is prob blown out of porportion but after a decent win you'd have thought the players would keep things quiet and try to get back to focusing on the football rather that the crap in the papers. 

heganboy

xabi needs to play more games, he just seems to be one of those players who gets more tuned in after a run of games. Bench Gerrard
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Quote from: heganboy on February 05, 2008, 01:17:01 PM
Bench Gerrard

Can you imagine the complaining and stories of unrest then, from both Gerrard AND the press! :D

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Uladh

I see the english have gone for david copperfield as captain!

you couldn't make it up

Nimbus

Rafa's best team at the mo in my opinion:

Reina

Finnan
Carra
Sami
Arbeloa

Stevie G
Xabi
Masch
Babel

El Nino
Crouch

I would love to see him given this team a run of games to see how it goes.

Mentalman

Quote from: heganboy on February 05, 2008, 02:17:46 PM
nearly worth it on that basis alone

Considering the knot they have got themselves over Beckham, the reaction to Gerrard being dropped by Benitezit would be hysterical!
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

AZOffaly

I've long said that Crouch is the best partner for Torres, I think they would work well together, if he is going to play 2 up top.