The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

In one of todays paper its reported that Steven Ireland could be on his way to Liverpool in a swap deal with Crouch heading to Man City
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on January 12, 2008, 04:24:18 PM
You can't just blame what's going on on the likes of Voronin. There are players giving the ball away all over the pitch and there isn't enough fight and support play.
No one is blaming Voronin for everything..Fact is he's shite and just one of a number of players who are not good enough to play for Liverpool FC
You'll Never Walk Alone.

brokencrossbar1

Interesting the talk of the Yanks not staying put.  Mark Lawerson mentioned it last week and he is fairly close to things for past experience.  Frankly, after all the bon hommie that their initial buyout brought the yanks seem to have stifled things.  Coupled with the weak dollar they may be better off leaving now before it cost them too much.  if a cash rich organisation bought into Liverpool then the real focus of re-building the club could start in earnest.

i actually think Rafa is the amn to do it if he can let his ego stay out of the equation.  The down turn all began when Pako was roaded and I think the morale among the players has been seriously hit as a result.  A seriously good number 2 is what is needed to bring the players along with the ideas Rafa is trying to implement.  The reality is that if a new manager was brought in now it would be a set back as you would have a new system, you would lose some of the key players, eg, torres, reina and you would be on the lowest curve of the success swing.  New owners, fine, new manager not yet.

Minder

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 13, 2008, 01:54:56 PM
In one of todays paper its reported that Steven Ireland could be on his way to Liverpool in a swap deal with Crouch heading to Man City

thats all we need,another average squad player
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Over the Bar

QuoteFact is he's shite and just one of a number of players who are not good enough to play for Liverpool FC
He's good enough for Liverpool but wouldnt get anywhere near the door of the top 3.

heganboy

it would be fair to say that Liverpool have fallen well behind the top 3. They seem to be in the same position that villa were 2 years ago. No drive no passion, seem to lift it for the european games, but even the "big" games in the league seems beyond them. Maybe a new ownership that's cash rich would lift them, however I would argue that a mass clear out to be replaced with a younger spine that can learn to play together. The team concept appears to have been totally lost. The sense of understanding and awareness of others seems to have been lost completely. Finger pointing seems to be the order of the day. I miss watching liverpool play good football, there is simply no sense of purpose in that midfield
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 13, 2008, 07:32:49 PM
QuoteFact is he's shite and just one of a number of players who are not good enough to play for Liverpool FC
He's good enough for Liverpool but wouldnt get anywhere near the door of the top 3.

How do you make out he's good enough for Liverpool ? I don't understand that statement
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: heganboy on January 13, 2008, 07:45:57 PM
it would be fair to say that Liverpool have fallen well behind the top 3. They seem to be in the same position that villa were 2 years ago.

Eh?

Minder

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 13, 2008, 09:28:12 PM
Quote from: heganboy on January 13, 2008, 07:45:57 PM
it would be fair to say that Liverpool have fallen well behind the top 3. They seem to be in the same position that villa were 2 years ago.

Eh?

I think he meant to put a "1" before the 2......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 13, 2008, 08:58:57 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on January 13, 2008, 07:32:49 PM

How do you make out he's good enough for Liverpool ? I don't understand that statement

I think it was a wind-up attempt.

corn02

Have to agree BC, I think I stated tat before that there was a correlatio nbetween performances and Pako's departure. Anyone who has read ' a season on the brink' will realise the importance Pako had and the closeness himself and Rafa had. It was a very weird situation and one that was never explained for me.

heganboy

QuoteI think he meant to put a "1" before the 2......

sorry meant to put a 5 after the 2...

saunders quit, and the slow decline began for villa. If something drastic isn't done we're going to go another 18 years.

My ideal scenario now, DIC buy out the yanks. Sell Gerrard, riise, aurelio, sissoko, hypia, kewell, voronin, crouch and kuyt,  give the money to mourinho and start buying players that will listen to instructions. There's the guts of 50/60m to get started. DIC has enough money to get on with the stadium in whatever way will pay off best for the value of the club in the long run, instead of wondering whether they will be able to service the debt in the short term.
I think that since Pako lft the team spirit that was there has been lost, and there is too much confusion in defence, I also think that the beard has upset Rafa's startegy, he's outthinking himself sometimes rather than his opponents.

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteSell Gerrard

When this old chesnut comes up I have to say I laugh. One way not to progress is not to sell your best players. The amount of times Gerrard has pulled something out of the bag for the team when needed is absolutely ridiculous and unfortunately a damning indictment of the quality of his teammates because unless he makes something happen you can be sure none of the others are capable of doing much.

The problem is the rest of the team from midfield up (bar Gerrard and Torres) is simply not good enough to win league titles. There are some good players there but short of 2 or 3 attacking players of genuine quality. Certainly if Mourinho were to arrive at the club he wouldn't be too pleased to see Gerrard going the other way.

heganboy

QuoteWhen this old chesnut comes up I have to say I laugh
Its o.k. to laugh GBBoy. Benitez is a fantastic manager and Gerrard a fantastic player, its just that I'd like to see them be fantastic somewhere else now please.

p.s. its chestnut

J70

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 14, 2008, 01:37:24 AM
QuoteSell Gerrard

When this old chesnut comes up I have to say I laugh. One way not to progress is not to sell your best players. The amount of times Gerrard has pulled something out of the bag for the team when needed is absolutely ridiculous and unfortunately a damning indictment of the quality of his teammates because unless he makes something happen you can be sure none of the others are capable of doing much.

The problem is the rest of the team from midfield up (bar Gerrard and Torres) is simply not good enough to win league titles. There are some good players there but short of 2 or 3 attacking players of genuine quality. Certainly if Mourinho were to arrive at the club he wouldn't be too pleased to see Gerrard going the other way.

So the likes of Mascherano and Alonso are not good enough now either?