The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Anyone know much about the new Slovakian Centre half signed from zenith St Peterburg?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Carmen Stateside

nrico2006

Quote from Minder:
QuoteHave we not been down this road a few weeks ago arguing about who would get on a "bst of XI"....? Its pointless.

Of course it is.  What fool would put Spains sub keeper ahead of VDS.  Ill give Reina his dues though, he can save a penalty.. but the man is the closest Liverpool have had to a calamity James replica!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

At the moment Van der sar is making a lot more errors than Reina.

bingobus

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 09, 2008, 10:00:48 AM
Quote from Minder:
QuoteHave we not been down this road a few weeks ago arguing about who would get on a "bst of XI"....? Its pointless.

Of course it is.  What fool would put Spains sub keeper ahead of VDS.  Ill give Reina his dues though, he can save a penalty.. but the man is the closest Liverpool have had to a calamity James replica!

I suppose he is a clown, the award he had received the last two years for the most clean sheets in the EPL season is obviously a mistake or is it down to the good defence in from of him? Couldn;t be that either, sure Carra is a liability, Hyypia has been finished since Henchoz left ang Agger is a rookie learning his trade, Riise is paid too much and can't defend. That only leaves Finnan who by the looks of it should have been awarded World player of the year as he is single handly responsible for Liverpools impressive total of clean sheets last two seasons.  ::)

Chrisowc

Quote from: bingobus on January 09, 2008, 10:13:26 AM
Quote from Minder:

I suppose he is a clown, the award he had received the last two years for the most clean sheets in the EPL season is obviously a mistake or is it down to the good defence in from of him? Couldn;t be that either, sure Carra is a liability, Hyypia has been finished since Henchoz left ang Agger is a rookie learning his trade, Riise is paid too much and can't defend. That only leaves Finnan who by the looks of it should have been awarded World player of the year as he is single handly responsible for Liverpools impressive total of clean sheets last two seasons.  ::)

:D :D

I love the way nrico2006 has labelled Reina as 'Spain's sub keeper' as if that somehow makes him sh*t. ::)
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

nrico2006

QuoteAt the moment Van der sar is making a lot more errors than Reina.

Against Liverpool there was a few iffy moments, but nothing of real note.  He was out for a few games though.  The pool game wasn't really all his fault either as Vidic blocked him off once and Torres did in the 1st half before he headed wide
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

his holiness nb

Quote from: Chrisowc on January 09, 2008, 10:25:35 AM
I love the way nrico2006 has labelled Reina as 'Spain's sub keeper' as if that somehow makes him sh*t. ::)

Was thinking that, I'd take Spains no2 over Englands no1 any day!
Ask me holy bollix

Chrisowc

I'd take Cliftonville's No1 over England's number 1 at the minute!
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

EC Unique

Quote from Minder:

Let me get this straight, are you saying that if you were picking a team today and both keepers were available, you would pick Reina before VDS?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: EC Unique on January 09, 2008, 11:36:04 AM
Quote from Minder:

Let me get this straight, are you saying that if you were picking a team today and both keepers were available, you would pick Reina before VDS?

Reina is the best keeper amongst the top 4 at present.

Van der Sar was flapping all over the place in the game against Liverpool nearly costing united 2 goals. Cech was the best of the lot until this season but he's made a number of blunders recently. Maybe still not recovered fully from his injuries? I can't remember the last time Reina made a misjudgement. I think it was early last season against Everton.

Uladh

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 09, 2008, 12:06:17 PM
I can't remember the last time Reina made a misjudgement.

Joining serial also rans Liverpool?

supersarsfields

Uladh this thread was relatively peaceful while you were away   :P

Uladh

Minder

Quote from: Uladh on January 09, 2008, 12:09:17 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 09, 2008, 12:06:17 PM
I can't remember the last time Reina made a misjudgement.

Joining serial also rans Liverpool?

Its the way you tell them......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"