The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Minder

Pure shite, but then some of those players will never be anything else.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Really is becoming a joke!  :(  The scary thing is, that was probably our strongest team considering the injurys and Torres!

The Real Laoislad

Awful stuff today,and really were lucky to get a draw..
Was almost happy for Luton at the end that they got the draw as it will help them with their financial problems
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SuperDooperCooper

Very poor today, Kyut gets worse with every game. The rafa revolution may be grinding to a halt. Hopefully we can pick it up over the next few games.

Carmen Stateside

Kuyts contribution this season has been zero! Striker needed badly plus a wide man! Never seen as much individual play from a liverpool team in along time, got to start playing as a team again..... soon!

The Real Laoislad

I know he ain't World Class or arything but i think Steven Hunt would be a good fella to sign,especially as seeing money might not be plentyfull,He is having a great season and certainly doesn't lack passion or skill for that matter,Richard Dunne is another who is playing excellent stuff and Hyypia looked a shadow of his former self today so i think a centre back is needed..
I read on a LFC forum that Robbie Keane is being mentioned around Liverpool too  :o Not sure how true that is,its just something a scouser posted on the forum
You'll Never Walk Alone.

inisceithleann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 06, 2008, 10:06:42 PM
I know he ain't World Class or arything but i think Steven Hunt would be a good fella to sign,especially as seeing money might not be plentyfull,He is having a great season and certainly doesn't lack passion or skill for that matter,Richard Dunne is another who is playing excellent stuff and Hyypia looked a shadow of his former self today so i think a centre back is needed..
I read on a LFC forum that Robbie Keane is being mentioned around Liverpool too  :o Not sure how true that is,its just something a scouser posted on the forum

I'd put money on Keane staying at Spurs for the rest of his career. He's had too many clubs and he's a success at Spurs so why leave? He may get Champions League football at Liverpool, but he won't start every game.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

corn02

Hunt is good but just another Pennant / Kewell a decent player in what has to be a great team.

I would take Bentley no problem though.

Someone got stuck into me a while back for saying the League Cup is worthless well guess what the FA Cup is worthless too. If we were still in with a league chance I would not have cared if we were beat. There are only two things that matter to the big 4 the League and the Champions League.

The Real Laoislad

I still think the FA Cup is worth winning...
Am I on my own in thinking that?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

I wold like to win it, I would not deem it unsuccessful if we did not. Rember FA Cup in 05? what happened that year!

Norf Tyrone

QuoteSomeone got stuck into me a while back for saying the League Cup is worthless well guess what the FA Cup is worthless too. If we were still in with a league chance I would not have cared if we were beat. There are only two things that matter to the big 4 the League and the Champions League.

I cannot understand this attitude at all. Winning is winning. Sure there is a pecking order of trophies, but winning the league cup gave the Chelsea players the belief (And the feeling) that they had a squad to lift silverware. It bred 2 premierships, another LC, and a FA Cup! You'd think that Liverpool were coming down with trophies every season!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 06, 2008, 11:35:52 PM
QuoteSomeone got stuck into me a while back for saying the League Cup is worthless well guess what the FA Cup is worthless too. If we were still in with a league chance I would not have cared if we were beat. There are only two things that matter to the big 4 the League and the Champions League.

I cannot understand this attitude at all. Winning is winning. Sure there is a pecking order of trophies, but winning the league cup gave the Chelsea players the belief (And the feeling) that they had a squad to lift silverware. It bred 2 premierships, another LC, and a FA Cup! You'd think that Liverpool were coming down with trophies every season!

Surely Mourinho and Abramovichs roubles bred 2 prems etc.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Norf to suggest winning the League Cup gave Chelsea belief is a crazy statement.

It is like saying Tyrone winning the McKenna Cup gave them belief to win Sam. If winning is winning why do teams put out weak teams for League Cup especially. It is nothing to do with Liverpool coming down with Cups. But if we win the League Cup and frig up elsewhere it ain't going to turn it into a good season. For the standard of club Liverpool is, these Cups are not important and that is a fact. F.A Cup is a nice one t o win but it would not save Rafas job that is for sure. It has come along way since Ferguson was saved by it. The romance of that Cup is dead, especially for the Big Four. Ask City or Everton which is more important finishing fifth or winning the FA Cup and they will say fifth.

When United did not field the last importance of the Cup was withdrawn also.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 06, 2008, 11:35:52 PM

Liverpool have actually been winning trophies pretty regularly since the millennium. Except the league title that is.

FA cup is nice to win and your interest in it perks up if you go past a few rounds but when you see teams like Everton and Blackburn (sides who could potentially win the thing) put out makeshift teams in it you can see why it's not what it once was.