The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Remind me again of those 2 legs against Barcelona last year?

Remind me of how many kicks Messi got in each game?

Remind me of who was marking him?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 12, 2007, 09:36:20 PM
Remind me again of those 2 legs against Barcelona last year?

Remind me of how many kicks Messi got in each game?

Remind me of who was marking him?

Remind me of the mistakes he made in Chelsea Champions League semi final that led to Joe Coles goal

Remind me again of the mistakes he made the following week against Portsmouth that led to more goals against us and a defeat.
He has had numerous dodgy moments in the defense this year when Carra or someone has had to bail him out

You mention one game last year against a Spainish team that he was use to playing against as he had just come from the Spainish League,I personally don't rate him as a Premiership defender..Now if he goes onto score a hat-trick against Man United and makes 3 goal line clearences in the same game that be great as im a Liverpool fan first and want to see all the players play well but so far im not that impressed with him and i do think Aurelio is a better option
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Aurelio is a left back.
Arbeloa is a right back/ centre-back

The Real Laoislad

Group Winners

Porto
Chelsea
Real Madrid
Ac Milan
Barcelona

Man United
Inter Milan
Seville

Group Runners Up

Liverpool
Schalke
Olympiacos
Celtic
Lyon
Roma
Fenerbahçe
Arsenal

I don't think we can draw Porto again or any Premiership teams so those in red are the ones we can face..Seville looking like the best draw
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Bring any of them on - why should any of them be feared?

Chrisowc

It shouldn't matter who we get in the next round because we knew the situation before last night.  But you can bet your bottom dollar all those clubs do not want Liverpool more than any other team.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

SeanSouth

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 12, 2007, 09:59:42 PM
Aurelio is a left back.

You beat me to it, Finnan is in my view one of those "loyal servant" type players that i dont think are good enough week in week out. I think Benitez is beginning to realise players like Finnan/Riise have been there long enough and dont quite cut it against the top teams.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 12, 2007, 10:03:04 PM
Bring any of them on - why should any of them be feared?

I agree Liverpool are capable of beating any of them
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 12, 2007, 09:59:42 PM
Aurelio is a left back.

Yes but Arbeola has played on the left on the few occasions Finnan and Arbeola both start...What i was getting at was i think Finnan and Aurelio should be the first choice left/right backs,all a matter of opinion i suppose but as i said before i don't care who plays once they play well and if Arbeloa has a stormer on sunday then great as it's the team results that matter at the end of the day
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteYes but Arbeola has played on the left on the few occasions Finnan and Arbeola both start.

there you go - he's more versatile than Finnan  :D :D :D

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 12, 2007, 10:16:02 PM
QuoteYes but Arbeola has played on the left on the few occasions Finnan and Arbeola both start.

there you go - he's more versatile than Finnan  :D :D :D

Yeah but Finnans a better defender  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

nrico2006

QuoteCarvalho, Essien, Ferreria, Bridge, Terry, Ballack, Cech all have missed a fair few games this season! More than a player or two........

True, but United have been missing more players throughout the season, yet how often do you hear Fergie nyamming or even journalists mentioning it.  Grant is starting to take a leaf out of Mourinhos book now and moan about injuries whenever other teams have the same or worse situation yet get on with it. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

SeanSouth

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 13, 2007, 09:58:53 AM
QuoteCarvalho, Essien, Ferreria, Bridge, Terry, Ballack, Cech all have missed a fair few games this season! More than a player or two........

True, but United have been missing more players throughout the season, yet how often do you hear Fergie nyamming or even journalists mentioning it.  Grant is starting to take a leaf out of Mourinhos book now and moan about injuries whenever other teams have the same or worse situation yet get on with it. 

I know you would never get Fergie yapping or whinging........

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 13, 2007, 09:58:53 AM

It's all about the managers approach to pyschology, and Fergie is the king of 'the world hates us' approach. Sure bar Sunday night, when's the last time he talked to the BBC?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

An Fear Rua

Anyone got shares in the steel industry? I wouldnt be getting your hopes up on a big dividend next year if reports are true....
Its Grim up North