The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

I'll laugh when the rotation excuse is rolled out again, certainly was not audible over the last five games.

Very poor performance. I felt the formation Rafa sent out was all wrong. Bad luck tonight but Reading value for the win. Only bright note was once again Kewell looked a class act.

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

J70

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 08, 2007, 08:07:58 PM
Last week Benitez was being proclaimed as the messiah, but failure on Tuesday, coupled with defeat against Man United on Sunday, and the clamour to have him axed could be deafening!

While the opposite results will see him elevated to messiah status again. Its a thin line. Hopefully the Liverpool owners are a bit more realistic and rational than the average supporter.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Stalin on December 08, 2007, 08:03:20 PM

Laoislad why do you not rate Arbeloa and Babel? Arbeloa has certainly proved himself worthy of selection for me, and Babel continues to impress me when he gets a run out. I think he could go on to great things in a few years. To 'not rate' him halfway through his first season is a tad knee-jerk in my opinion.

From what i have seen of Babel he looks a lazy git but he is young and hopefully will go on to prove me wrong but from what i have seen of him so far im far from impressed.
I don't think Arbeola is a good defender he makes to many mistakes for my liking and also can look a tad lazy i would prefer to see Aurelio play to be honest..
All a matter of opinion i suppose but they are just my thoughts on them two players
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: J70 on December 08, 2007, 08:19:31 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 08, 2007, 08:07:58 PM
Last week Benitez was being proclaimed as the messiah, but failure on Tuesday, coupled with defeat against Man United on Sunday, and the clamour to have him axed could be deafening!

While the opposite results will see him elevated to messiah status again. Its a thin line. Hopefully the Liverpool owners are a bit more realistic and rational than the average supporter.

True...it can be a funny old game. I'll be cheering the draw or a Scouse win next Sunday!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

J70

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 08, 2007, 08:31:28 PM
Quote from: Stalin on December 08, 2007, 08:12:22 PM
Who proclaimed him as the messiah? Must have missed that one ::)

http://forums.lfconline.com/photopost/data/507/medium/PICT0012.JPG

2nd Dec...to me that's messiahish worshiping!

The Rafatollah? Ah come on, it was just a bunch of lads having a laugh! I thought it was hilarious, and a nice tribute and show of support for him.

SeanSouth

Stalin i am also willing to give Babel a chance but he has only really scored looked sharp when we have been tanking teams,"garbage time" as the yanks call it....... Derby, Newcastle, Besiktas, Bolton. When matches have been tight i havent seen enough from him yet.

SeanSouth

I take it Agger wont be rushed back for the United game?

J70

Quote from: 5iveTimes on December 08, 2007, 10:54:01 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 08, 2007, 07:30:17 PM
Gerrard may have had a knock, as Benitez had initially decided to take off Hobbs and Gerrard was holding an ice pack to his side afterwards.

No one was saying a word about rotation over the past month, so why is it suddenly the culprit once more? 

Stevie looked peeved at being taken off. He is the one man who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and get you back into it. Hobbs had a poor debut and was at fault for one of the goals. Maybe Rafa realised the game was gone and took Stevie off to save him for bigger games to come, but I think there is no bigger game than the one you are playing in and Rafa got things badly wrong today.

I have always been a huge critic of Rafas Rotation policy. You wont win the league with an unsettled team.

Yet United and Chelsea have been chopping away at their line-ups as well over the past few seasons. Yes, they keep the key men in there most of the time, but so does Benitez in the vast majority of games. Gerrard has played almost every game this season, Torres has too when he is fit. Carragher has only missed the couple of games at the start of the season when he fractured his rib. Mascherano has also played most matches. All of the teams tend to change a couple of players each match, yet the only time its ever really criticized is when Liverpool lose a game.

Benitez got it wrong today, no question, but that doesn't mean that rotation is the problem.

Guillem2

We haven't won the league in so long - it makes me sick!! Benitez doesn't understand how important it is!

He just doesn't get it.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Stalin

i think evryone agrees that the problem is namely:

a)sissoko;
b)voronin
c)a little bit of riise sprinkled on top.

Anyone else staying up for the fight?
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

J70

Quote from: Stalin on December 09, 2007, 01:54:02 AM
i think evryone agrees that the problem is namely:

a)sissoko;
b)voronin
c)a little bit of riise sprinkled on top.

Anyone else staying up for the fight?

Sissoko just isn't good enough at the moment, and until he finds a bit of composure when on the ball, he won't be. Given the options Liverpool have at their disposal in his position, it looks like he'll have to look elsewhere.

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I think Voronin has been quite good, especially when he's played supporting the striker, where he can slip balls through. He does tend to disappear a bit however, particularly when played out wide. He was no worse than Crouch has been over the past couple of games anyway.

full back

under the bar

I've been READING a COPPLE of good books lately.    I'm on the HUNT for the new one from Roddy DOYLE as well....... ;)