The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abble

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 29, 2007, 12:48:39 PM
I'll repeat - Neil Lennon!  ;)

hold on til i check - yes, this is the liverpool supporters thread

Dinny Breen

Can't see the wood for the trees....for every Fabregas you have a Senderos for every Torres you have a Mascherano....the guy is rubbish, I shall take my leave now, because in the land of the blind the man with one eye is King......and I don't have time to be your King...
#newbridgeornowhere

Stalin

You're not much of a loss Dinny, with those insights.

Corn, we will agree to disagree on Masch I guess.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

corn02

Well we are not really disagreeing as we both agree that he is a class act and one of the best midfielders in the Premiership.

Stalin

Billys Boots

QuoteBill Shankly (R.I.P), his simple instructions to the players was - just pass to the nearest red shirt!

Gerrard would have been playing for Tranmere those days, and rightly so.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

deiseach

Torres is the man. He got us out of another self-dug hole last night. Tremendous.

girt_giggler

Quote from: full back on November 29, 2007, 12:01:06 PM
Quote from: girt_giggler on November 29, 2007, 08:45:30 AM
Masch is a quality player. does alot of the donkey work that goes unnoticed, bit like makalele with real madrid a few years ago

Holy fcuk - have you been sniffing glue again
Masch wouldnt lace Makalele's boots

didn't mention anything about laces or boots, maybe you are on the glue...

nor did i mention masch is better than what makalele was, my posted quite clearly suggests that, in my opinion, the role masch plays is in someways similar to that of makalele @ Madrid/Chelsea.

full back

Quote from: girt_giggler on November 29, 2007, 02:25:18 PM
nor did i mention masch is better than what makalele was

Oh right, apologies. I thought you were alluding to a similarity between the two in regards to player, class & quality which would have been absurd. You are correct in saying they play in a similar role

girt_giggler

SeanSouth

Quote from: full back on November 29, 2007, 02:44:22 PM
Quote from: girt_giggler on November 29, 2007, 02:25:18 PM
nor did i mention masch is better than what makalele was

Oh right, apologies. I thought you were alluding to a similarity between the two in regards to player, class & quality which would have been absurd. You are correct in saying they play in a similar role

Now i dont kno if the comparison could be described as absurd, now perhaps comparing Hargreaves to Makalele would be absurd but Mascherano is a top quality player regardless of your blinding Man Utd bias.

full back

Quote from: SeanSouth on November 29, 2007, 02:51:55 PM
Now i dont kno if the comparison could be described as absurd, now perhaps comparing Hargreaves to Makalele would be absurd but Mascherano is a top quality player regardless of your blinding Man Utd bias.

Comparing both Masch & Hargreaves to Makalele is absurd.
Masch is a quality player, nothing more yet

corn02

Stalin

The Liverpool team in full is: Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Hyypia, Riise, Benayoun, Gerrard, Lucas, Kewell, Torres, Crouch. Subs: Itandje, Mascherano, Babel, Kuyt, Hobbs.

Take it Finnan has a knock? Good to see Hobbs on the bench all the same. Would be good in a weird kind of way for Sami to have to come off, Hobbs come on and have a blinder, prove he can make the step up.

Good to see Lucas in as well, another cracking prospect.

J70

Finnan has been in and out of the team of late. Arbeloa seems to be becoming the preferred option.

2-0 just at the half. Marvellous goal again from Torres (and lovely pass from Gerrard). Anelka with the miss of the season 10 minutes before.