The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanSouth

In fairness 5ive Times i would get rid of him too but that was a pretty bad injury he got then that required surgery.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 28, 2007, 10:18:10 PM
Why does Crouch rarely start for Liverpool?  Very underrated...

I would think he will be looking out of Anfield in January. Would hate to see him go myself but he hes not getting many chances under Rafa.

bingobus

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 28, 2007, 10:17:38 PM
Corn02 I am afraid Kewell is another of those Liverpool players who continually flatters to deceive. My lasting memory of Kewell is from Istanbul in 2005 going off injured when we looked dead and buried, his head had gone down well before his "injury" but he was the fastest man onto the field when we won on penalties. For the first time in his Liverpool career his injury healed pretty quick.
He should be given his P45 ASAP.

If my leg was under my arm and I was on the pitch that night, I'd have been faster than Kewell.

I think Kewell will be so important of he stays fit, has looked good since his latest return and made the second tonight, Torres had a bit too do and is creamable!!

We know Sami is no longer first choice and I would imagine after Jan he mightn't even be 3rd choice but the big man has been great and stayed at the pool when he could have left for handy money in the summer, I'm sure he's well paid but stayed at a club where he knows there will be pressure. Don't think he shpuld be knocked.

Lost our way after the goal and maybe tried too hard at times. Stuck at it and it paid dividends, other years we wouldn't have scored.

Chrisowc

Quote from: SeanSouth on November 28, 2007, 10:13:02 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on November 28, 2007, 10:08:50 PM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 28, 2007, 10:01:17 PM
From tonights team, who should stay and who should get the road.
I would keep Reina, Carragher, Finnan, Stevie G, Babel, Torres and maybe Benayoun, I think Babel has the makings of a future star.
Those getting the road would be Voronin, Kewell, Arbeloa, OhNO Sissoko and maybe Riise.

I'd give peachy bum a chance to prove his fitness.  He'd be getting a 50% pay cut to stay though.  If he doesn't like it......

I'd keep Riise too.

Their goal seemed to knock our confidence.  The last 15 mins of the 1st half were a shambles.

On what grounds would you keep Riise? For the screamer into the top corner once a year and the rest of them into the Kop?

I think he's a decent left sided player who is better in an advanced position.  5 Times is suggesting getting rid of 3 players who can play on the left side.

Riise is only 26/27 maybe?  If we can get somebody who is better then great.  Still a good player to have in the squad.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Chrisowc

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 28, 2007, 10:24:26 PM
I would keep Crouch, but he would have to be happy as a squad player, we need another World Class striker to play alongside Torres, who is shaping up to be the best striker in the world.

His biggest criticism in Spain was his finishing.  He makes himself a chance out of nowhere then blazes over.  Once he gets that sorted who knows what he can achieve?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

J70

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 28, 2007, 10:01:17 PM
From tonights team, who should stay and who should get the road.
I would keep Reina, Carragher, Finnan, Stevie G, Babel, Torres and maybe Benayoun, I think Babel has the makings of a future star.
Those getting the road would be Voronin, Kewell, Arbeloa, OhNO Sissoko and maybe Riise.

Give Voronin a chance! I think he's done fine so far. Arbeloa has been excellent as well, in my opinion. Riise is certainly been below par over the past year or so for sure. Kewell I think is worth giving a chance to, provided he can stay fit for a few months. Sissoko's future depends on Mascherano's situation. Lucas looks a much better prospect than him at the moment.

Goats Do Shave

I still think Mascherano is terrible... he doesn't do anything & seems a bit clueless!

... I am convinced that if Dirk Kuyt was told to play defensive midfielder, he'd be much better at it, than Javier!

girt_giggler

Masch is a quality player. does alot of the donkey work that goes unnoticed, bit like makalele with real madrid a few years ago & to a lesser extent chelsea as well.  covers alot of ground, strong in the tackle & has great vision.

sooner we snap him up permanently the better

Abble

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 29, 2007, 08:14:36 AM
I still think Mascherano is terrible... he doesn't do anything & seems a bit clueless!

Goats talk a bit of sense now ! you hatred for everything Liverpool is blurring your vision slightly....

Goats Do Shave

Not really, I can recognise the qualities of Torres - smashing player.
Reina is a decent goalkeeper.
Gerrard is passionate & energetic - with the occasional glimpse of class...
Alonso is a terrific player, yet a little slow.
Carragher is very passionate, & reads the game very well.
Finnan, seems to have started playing well again, decent full back.
Arbeloa I reckon is decent enough too...

If Mascherano was from the North of Ireland... he wouldn't be in the Liverpool starting line up! - Sissoko is a better defensive midfielder, unfortunately he just cannot pass or control the football!

SeanSouth

Crouch will never be anything more than an "impact" sub, good to bring on in the last 20 minutes when you need a goal but i dont think he could play with Torres game in game out. We would end up doing as England did and hoof aimless balls up to him instead of playing decent balls into Torres.

Stalin

Jesus what an awful load of gash has been written on these past two pages. Get rid of Mascherano, are you wise? The amount of attacks he breaks up is unreal, he is also comfortable on the ball and very rarely gives it away. Last night for example saw Masch run down the wing and cross the ball in, when have you ever seen Alonso or Sissoko do that? In my opinion Mascherano has been our top performer this season, apart from El Nino.

Also, for those of you suggesting to get rid of Kewell, I was a massive critic of him as well after the Istanbul fiasco, something just told me that he didn't have the heart for it that night. But no-one can deny that since his latest return from injury he is looking sharper and leaner than ever. Kewell created the second goal last night, and his arrival on the pitch along with Crouch is a large part of the reason why we triumphed last night. Kewell simply must be given another chance, he has looked immensely threatening since his return, and hopefully will continue in this vein.

The signing of Arbeloa has proved to be a particularly astute one, and it would also be folly to get rid of him. He adds so much more to our side as an attacking force when he is in the team. He very rarely gets caught out defensively, as he is an extremely difficult obstacle for wingers to negotiate wih his fleet-footedness.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Stalin

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 29, 2007, 09:12:51 AM
Not really, I can recognise the qualities of Torres - smashing player.
Reina is a decent goalkeeper.
Gerrard is passionate & energetic - with the occasional glimpse of class...
Alonso is a terrific player, yet a little slow.
Carragher is very passionate, & reads the game very well.
Finnan, seems to have started playing well again, decent full back.
Arbeloa I reckon is decent enough too...

If Mascherano was from the North of Ireland... he wouldn't be in the Liverpool starting line up! - Sissoko is a better defensive midfielder, unfortunately he just cannot pass or control the football!

Lad if that's the best you can come up with, you'd be better keeping quiet. Sissoko is not a better defensive midfielder than Mascherano. Go and watch last year's Champions League semi-final and final from last year to see two massive performances from Masch.

Goats Do Shave

QuoteLast night for example saw Masch run down the wing and cross the ball in, when have you ever seen Alonso or Sissoko do that?

The only attacking input I have seen from him since he joined the pool! - & only because there was nowhere else to go!

Alonso brings alot more to the party! - Anybody can pass the ball 4 yards back or across ... look at Neil Lennon!  ;)

Stalin

But mascherano does much more than pass the ball 4 yards. He is a great passer of the ball, whether it be long or short. You obviously haven't been paying much attention to the game he has played in. If we lose him it will be catastrophic.