The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalin

In the last few games theyve started looking much more threatening when attacking. When teams come out and attack us we look as dangerous as anyone on the counter. Saying that, we still struggle against teams who refuse to come out and attack. Benny Noon has looked a great addition so far and will be keys in games liek the oens i mentioned where we need that bit of guile to create a chance. Xabi returning will also be a great help. Babel was absolutely wanktastic when he came on on Saturday too, easily his best performance so far. Looks much more comfortable on the right than on the left.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

full back

The CL game will probably decide Rafa's season. Fail to qualify & he will be out the door by January.
I hear Jose's name being mentioned as a replacement, if someone of his calibre got the job I would be suprised to see any more than 5/6 players of the 1st 11 keeping their places

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: Stalin on November 26, 2007, 11:38:05 AM
QuoteHe has sources close to Beinitez who say that his ego has got out of control in recent times and that he has moved away from the traits that made him successful in Spain.

yeah, unbeaten in the premier league after about a third of the season is the definition of being unsuccessful. Who is this 'Beinitez' chap anyway?

As for teaching players a lesson, Gerrard has been almost an ever-present. The one (media-enforced) 'controversial' decison was taking him off in the merseyside derby, a decision thoroughly vindicated by Lucas winning the match for Liverpool.

Torres has played a role in every match he has been fit for, dropped for one match, big deal.

Crouch was out of favour for a long time, happens under every manager at every club.

This constant media speculation/drumming up adverse publicity against 'rotation' is such a load of shite. All that shite in that rag yesterday was a joke as well, Bascombe shoudl be ashamed of himself. If he was a true liverpool fan he wouldnt be involved with NOTW anyway

I wasn't quoting from any rag. I was just commenting on what I heard from a respected journalist who I am sure knows more about Benitez's characteristics than most of us. I also never said he was unsuccessful either, I just said that his friends believe he has a larger ego than when he was in Spain.

There is definitely something up at Liverpool and Benitez is playing with fire by having digs at the owner.

SeanSouth

Benitez has been described as "dead man walking", i cant imagine Gillette and Hicks taking any nonsense from Benitez. At the end of the day they didnt make their money without making hard decisions.

AZOffaly

One thing that crossed my mind is that the two boys must find it very hard to see sense in this 'rotation' policy. Remember that both of them come from Ice Hockey backgrounds where players play 82 physical games a season, often 3 or 4 in 7 days, and there is no such thing as large scale rotation, apart from physically incapacitating injuries. They must find it very strange that you need to rest players, especially when the results go against you.

Stalin

Quote from: SeanSouth on November 26, 2007, 12:06:44 PM
Benitez has been described as "dead man walking", i cant imagine Gillette and Hicks taking any nonsense from Benitez. At the end of the day they didnt make their money without making hard decisions.

Described by who seansouth? Mirror, Sun, NOTW, Mail, another forum? Its all pure speculation at this stage, commenting on it is pointless, why not wait until something definite comes out. At the end of the day, H and G have to realise they risk turnign the fans against them if they sack rafa. Rumours abound of a pro-rafa protest at wednesdays game

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 26, 2007, 11:37:14 AMbbut even after a bad run of draws we are still unbeaten and if we win our game at hand we are back up to third place, three points behind Man Ure and six behind Arsenal.

I think we actually go 2nd on goal difference if we win our game in hand.

Not sure what to make of all the unrest rumours but would hope they get it sorted out pronto. It can't be allowed to fester.

SeanSouth

under the bar

He won't be out of work for long.  The Birmingham City job is there for the taking.  Would he bring Gerrard with him tho? :-\

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: under the bar on November 26, 2007, 01:51:04 PM
He won't be out of work for long.  The Birmingham City job is there for the taking.  Would he bring Gerrard with him tho? :-\

would you want Gerrard or have you bought into the Sky/Sun/Daily Mirror/Times myth that he is world class along Lamps.

Stalin

Quote from: SeanSouth on November 26, 2007, 01:36:12 PM
"Rafa end-game draws near" - Times Online

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article2943513.ece

Sounds ominous.

Seriously seansouth give it a rest...how is that more ominous sounding than anything else has came out over the weekend, just another newspaper reporting the story.

SeanSouth

Well Josef i think The Times report on stories a bit more responsibly than Sun/Mirror/NOTW etc but sure just bury your head in the sand and maybe this will all blow over. It is only ending one way, Benitez will not be the manager next season.

Stalin

Aye but where do you think the Times is getting this story from? It all emanates from the story carried on lfconline that rafa had walked. Theres strong links between the Tims/NOTW/Sun as well.

Im not burying my head in the sand, im fully aware theres a good chance rafa wont be here next season. i just dont see the point in this scaremongering, regurgitating the same story over and over again from a different source.

Go and join the rest of the mongs on the Lfc eseason ticket forums, where theres a petition for Mourinho to be next manager, you'll fit in well there.

Preparations are in full swing for the protest on Wednesday night, happy days.

In Rafa we trust

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on November 26, 2007, 01:54:09 PM
Quote from: under the bar on November 26, 2007, 01:51:04 PM

would you want Gerrard or have you bought into the Sky/Sun/Daily Mirror/Times myth that he is world class along Lamps.

I'm pretty sure if Gerrard was put up for sale there would be no shortage of potential buyers.

corn02

Rafa will be manager next season, common sense will prevail. I wish they would keep this in house, all parties are looking stupid.

BC you say you were glad Kuyt scored, do you think he is Liverpool standard? I am having my doubts this season. That was his first league goal from play this year and he has had plenty of playing time. In January I would rather he went that Crouch.