The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

deiseach

If it's anything like Real Madrid TV, it's absolute gash. Corporate whoredom at its worst

deiseach

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 22, 2007, 12:07:49 AM
I doubt it will be very corporate at all. Thats not the Liverpool way.

Er, whatever you say. But I've seen the crappy Supporters Club packs.

And been charged £10 to see a reserve team match. In Southport.

The Real Laoislad

Very bad display from Liverpool so far,Don't look like scoring at all with ten mins left
You'll Never Walk Alone.

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

J70

0-0 again. Awful performance from Liverpool. This wasn't one of those 0-0s where the away team hangs on by the skin of their teeth. They created very little at all until Torres came on, and even after that, once Crouch came on, they just lumped high balls towards the Birmingham box. Passes were hit either too short or too long, and there was little cohesion. The likes of Voronin and Babel were very poor, while I don't know how Setanta picked Gerrard out as man of the match! That's three poor performances in a row - hopefully they'll get it back on track quickly.

J70

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 22, 2007, 06:16:45 PM
Why did we pay over £20 million to leave him sitting on the bench, it is in these games that the league is won or lost. There is no point in saving him until we are out of contention. Benitez got it wrong today and has to take responsibility for it.

I don't know if Torres alone would have made a huge difference though. There was just something off about the performance today. No sign whatsoever, one or two isolated incidents aside, of the speed and movement that we saw in the first month of the season. Maybe Birmingham need a huge amount of credit, but Liverpool have been poor in general since the international break. None of those three games should be considered easy, in the sense that the wins over Derby and, to a lesser extent, Sunderland were, but Liverpool would have hoped for better performances and at least another two league points from them.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: FermGael on September 22, 2007, 04:54:56 PM
o-o Final Score.
Just not good enough. 

Quite frankly, I think it's wonderful! :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

new devil

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 22, 2007, 07:51:04 PM
o-o Final Score.
Just not good enough. 

I agree :D :D

Did Stevie G throw his jersey at Rafa? :o :o starting to fall apart lads :-\

J70

Quote from: new devil on September 22, 2007, 11:41:38 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 22, 2007, 07:51:04 PM
o-o Final Score.
Just not good enough. 

I agree :D :D

Did Stevie G throw his jersey at Rafa? :o :o starting to fall apart lads :-\

Yeah, we might as well just give up and hand it over to the free-scoring and rapidly disappearing over the horizon United.

new devil

J70 i am only winding. seriously but did Stevie g throw his jersey at him?

J70

Quote from: new devil on September 22, 2007, 11:48:06 PM

I hadn't actually heard. Gerrard was nothing to write home about today either, so I'm not sure what he would be upset about.

magpie seanie

QuoteI doubt it will be very corporate at all. Thats not the Liverpool way.

You should take up a career in strandup. Liverpool way me hole. Where is the famous "pass and move" that was the real "Liverpool way". As I Said earlier on this thread Alonso is your main man. Some of you tools think a Danish hoofer is more important but I wouldn't expect better.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: new devil on September 22, 2007, 11:48:06 PM

Well - you were the one who asked the question twice - you must have seen something otherwise you wouldn't have bothered your ass saying anything at all