The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 25, 2007, 08:46:28 PM
I have always like Sunderland, I was there for Niall Quinns testimonial and found them to be great people, but I hate Keane with a passion. There do seem to be a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon though, and speaking of Bandwagons, where have all the Chelsea supporters come from. I knew one when I was growing up, they seem to be everywhere now???

Im not a fan of the country deserter either..Great player and might make a great manager but i hate his smugness and how everyone is expected to bow to the altar of Keano and of course i think he was wrong in Saipan but sure lets not drag all that up again :-X
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hound

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 25, 2007, 08:33:48 PM
I think Aurelio will be a better option once he gets fit again,I have seen Arebeola a few times now and im not overly impressed as yet with him.He was brutal against Chelsea in the Champions League semi finals
He didn't do much wrong today but he really didn't have much to do either
Ah, he made a mistake - they all do occassionally. But he's different class to Aurelio. Guarantee a fit Auerlio will never play a big game for Liverpool ahead of a fit Arbeloa. But we'll see!

As for Sunderland, I'd be a fan of Keane. Think he did tremendous last year.

Sunderland arent any good, but they're hard to play against, work very hard. If they'd been lucky they could have sneaked a draw - they got the break against Spurs and got the win. But they have to play with that intensity every week - they clearly didnt against wigan - probably because they were too confident - but it tunred out Wigan were too good for them - not a good sign!

Derby are the only team definitely worse than them. Then there's 5 or 6 gunning for the last two relegation places, with little between them.  For Sunderland to get safe they'll need to get strikers in scoirng mood. Hopefully, from an Irish point of view, Murphy or Stokes will get a scoring run shortly. No way could I see Sunderland finishing higher than 15th. In saying that its not all that sensible predictions after only 3 or 4 games, but if I was, from what I've seen, I'd pick the 3 who came up to go back down again. Fulham, Wigan, Bolton, Reading, ManU, Mboro, WHam all seem to have a bit more.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Hound on August 26, 2007, 09:29:56 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 25, 2007, 08:33:48 PM
I think Aurelio will be a better option once he gets fit again,I have seen Arebeola a few times now and im not overly impressed as yet with him.He was brutal against Chelsea in the Champions League semi finals
He didn't do much wrong today but he really didn't have much to do either
Ah, he made a mistake - they all do occassionally. But he's different class to Aurelio. Guarantee a fit Auerlio will never play a big game for Liverpool ahead of a fit Arbeloa. But we'll see!

As for Sunderland, I'd be a fan of Keane. Think he did tremendous last year.

Sunderland arent any good, but they're hard to play against, work very hard. If they'd been lucky they could have sneaked a draw - they got the break against Spurs and got the win. But they have to play with that intensity every week - they clearly didnt against wigan - probably because they were too confident - but it tunred out Wigan were too good for them - not a good sign!

Derby are the only team definitely worse than them. Then there's 5 or 6 gunning for the last two relegation places, with little between them.  For Sunderland to get safe they'll need to get strikers in scoirng mood. Hopefully, from an Irish point of view, Murphy or Stokes will get a scoring run shortly. No way could I see Sunderland finishing higher than 15th. In saying that its not all that sensible predictions after only 3 or 4 games, but if I was, from what I've seen, I'd pick the 3 who came up to go back down again. Fulham, Wigan, Bolton, Reading, ManU, Mboro, WHam all seem to have a bit more.

I don't care who he plays Aurelio or Arbeola or anyone else once they are winning games.Im just not convinced with Arebola and Benitez must not be either otherwise he wouldn't have gone to the lenghts he did to try and sign Heniez
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Carmen Stateside

Not to fussed on Arbeloa myself!! Would be happy with Riise going back and trying to get Kewell back in! :-\

SuperSub

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 26, 2007, 03:06:01 PM
Not to fussed on Arbeloa myself!! Would be happy with Riise going back and trying to get Kewell back in! :-\

Wouldn't rate Arbeola either i would think Aurelio is a better option...I see in todays paper they are looking at another left back from Juventus Giorgio Chiellini...No i never heard of him either!!
Just goes to show though Rafa isn't happy with his left back options as he seems intent on signing a new one

GalwayBayBoy

Liverpool have confirmed Jamie Carragher sustained a broken rib during Saturday's 2-0 victory over Sunderland.
Tests on Sunday morning also revealed the defender has developed a pneumothorax.

Meanwhile, it has been confirmed that Sami Hyypia broke his nose at the Stadium of Light. However, he trained at Melwood on Sunday and is expected to be fit to face Toulouse on Tuesday.

Club spokesman Ian Cotton said: "Sami has a broken nose but will be available for the second leg of our Champions League qualifier.

"Jamie underwent a series of investigations on Sunday morning which confirmed he has a broken rib and has also developed a pneumothorax. He will continue to be monitored on Sunday but at this stage no further treatment will be required."

Not good news on Carra. Looks like he'll be out for a while. Paletta has been let go too so I think we have to get in a new defender before the deadline.

supersarsfields

more like GTF!!!

No way is that needed. Their going to have bother keeping the current strikers happy with enough games.
I'd be thinking the defence needs more looked at now that any other area.

Balboa

We dont need that tub of overweight s*it, if he isnt good enough for the Goners he isnt good enough for us.

Carmen Stateside

Cant see this being true! Maybe he could be thinking of playing him on the left? Hopefully not! So any predictions for tonight?

Gabriel_Hurl

Tonights team

Reina,
Arbeloa,
Hyypia,
Agger,
Riise,
Benayoun,
Leto,
Sissoko,
Mascherano,
Crouch,
Kuyt.

Subs:
Itandje,
Finnan,
Torres,
Alonso,
Pennant,
Babel,
Lucas.

heganboy

I wish he'd play Benayoun and Mascherano in the Premiership, he's killing my fantasy team
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: heganboy on August 28, 2007, 07:37:28 PM
I wish he'd play Benayoun and Mascherano in the Premiership, he's killing my fantasy team

You should have known not to pick any Liverpool players except Reina,Carra Finnan and Gerrard as there is no way the same team will be playing from week to week
I have Finnan and Gerrard as they are almost guaranteed to be playing every week
You'll Never Walk Alone.