Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Carmen Stateside

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Balboa

Good result, should have won by 4 or 5, Sunderland are very limited and will struggle this year. But good to get an away win at any time of the year, Pennant was probably the best player today and is starting to become more consistent. Would like to see us taking a few more chances, we left it too late to wrap it up.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 25, 2007, 02:53:04 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 25, 2007, 02:50:32 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 25, 2007, 02:46:09 PM
How did Babel get on ?

Not great too be honest wasn't in the game at all

Was it not Babel who back heeled the ball in the lead up to the second goal?
Though he didnt have a great game.
Voronin looked good and Torres is an excellent addition to the squad.

Maybe so but he was being took off by Benitez 15 mins before that so really he didn't play all that well today
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Balboa on August 25, 2007, 02:54:32 PM
Good result, should have won by 4 or 5, Sunderland are very limited and will struggle this year. But good to get an away win at any time of the year, Pennant was probably the best player today and is starting to become more consistent. Would like to see us taking a few more chances, we left it too late to wrap it up.

Thought Sissoko was excellent
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Balboa

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 25, 2007, 02:57:30 PM
Quote from: Balboa on August 25, 2007, 02:54:32 PM

Thought Sissoko was excellent

Aye his passing was better today and obviously the goal was a bonus, Torres is an excellent outlet with his pace.

SuperSub

Didn't think Babel played well at all
Good win but i thought we looked a bit laboured at times and resorted to a lot of long balls,thought we should have went for jugular and finished the game off sooner

Carmen Stateside

Watched Sunderland last week and thought they were horrible against Wigan. Non of the team premiership standard apart from Mc Shane and Chopra! Didnt expect Liverpool to have many problems here!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 25, 2007, 02:43:55 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on August 25, 2007, 02:40:01 PM
i have this as 0-2 in the IKTS

So did i

Actually had it as a Banker Square Ball so thats triple points for me! I'll catch you at the top of table soon :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hound

I thought Torres and Voronin were great. Supply into them wasnt so good, too many long balls, especially early on - but Sunderland were marking very tight in midfield, Ethutu sitting on Alonso fo example, therefore the CBs hadnt many options. Torres and Voronin both seem very unselfish, which means they are creating more chances for each other. Gordon was great for sunderland. Save from Torres header particularly good.

Babel wasnt good, but did show flashes of skill, and in fairness he did really well for the second goal. I reckon the more he plays the better he'll get.

Arbeloa is now proving himself to be a very good defender. Looks like he'll have to help out at centre half for a game or two. Don't think he'll have a problem playing there v Toulouse or Derby.

Hopefully Benayoun starts v Toulouse. He deserves a start.

The Real Laoislad

I think Benayoun is a great player.Not convinced about Arbeloa though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hound

IMO Arbeloa replacing Riise has strengthened our first choice back 4 considerably, and I'm delighted Benitez has made that decision. He didnt give Messi a kick last year when he man marked him and that showed his potential. Now that he's settled into the Liverpool system, he's proving a big asset.

I've always been impressed with Yossi anytime I've seen him playing for Israel or West Ham. Very clever player. Whether he makes it at Liverpool is another thing, but hopefully he'll get chances.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Hound on August 25, 2007, 08:30:19 PM
IMO Arbeloa replacing Riise has strengthened our first choice back 4 considerably, and I'm delighted Benitez has made that decision. He didnt give Messi a kick last year when he man marked him and that showed his potential. Now that he's settled into the Liverpool system, he's proving a big asset.

I've always been impressed with Yossi anytime I've seen him playing for Israel or West Ham. Very clever player. Whether he makes it at Liverpool is another thing, but hopefully he'll get chances.

I think Aurelio will be a better option once he gets fit again,I have seen Arebeola a few times now and im not overly impressed as yet with him.He was brutal against Chelsea in the Champions League semi finals
He didn't do much wrong today but he really didn't have much to do either
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 25, 2007, 08:35:14 PM
What do you all think of Sunderland, will they stay up?

Hard to say isn't it...I was amazed with the amount of hype believers and bandwagon jumpers that were predicting Sunderland being a success this year,I never bought into it myself to be honest.
I think maybe they might just escape relegation but i would be amazed if they were in the Top 10 like some were suggesting
You'll Never Walk Alone.