The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Hound

Rumour has it Torres is a lurker on gaaboard.

He saw Gabe's tatoo and said "I'm having one of them"  ;D

bingobus

Quote from: stiffler on July 12, 2007, 11:34:44 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 12, 2007, 02:25:41 AM

How can them lads keep a straight face looking at Rafa's Goatee?

In fairness its only the Spanish players who are looking at Rafa and they wouldn't laugh...its prob cool in Spain. The rest of the players are looking the opposite direction to say themselves!!  ;D

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteLiverpool are set to sign striker Ryan Babel from Ajax after the two clubs agreed an £11.5m deal for the player.

The Premier League club have told BBC Sport that the deal to sign for the 20-year-old has not yet been completed.

But a statement on the Ajax website said: "The striker, who had a contract until 2010, will sign a five-year deal with the Champions League finalists."

Babel was a member of the Dutch team that won the European Under-21 Championship in June.

He made his Ajax debut in 2004 aged 17 and has scored 24 goals in 11 matches for the Dutch club.

Ajax technical director Martin van Geel had previously made it clear that they did not want to sell Babel and were determined to secure a good price for the player.

"Liverpool are willing to pay a huge sum for Ryan," he said. "We have told them what we want, and that's 20m euros (£13.5m). That is our price.

"We would like to see Babel play here next season, it's not for nothing that we have extended his contract until June 2010," added Van Geel.

"But if these kind of clubs want to pay us these figures it says something.

"We will see if we can reach a deal in the coming days."

stiffler

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 12, 2007, 05:12:31 PM

He made his Ajax debut in 2004 aged 17 and has scored 24 goals in 11 matches for the Dutch club.
[/quote]

Thats some record there! seems like a bargin!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

magpie seanie

QuoteThats some record there!

Sorry to piss on your bonfire (very topical there!) but its the Dutch league. David Connolly got a rake of goals there too!

Gabriel_Hurl

Balboa

Liverpool have a new Adidas training range out but i can only find it on Liverpoolfc.tv, they are always sold out, anyone know where else to get it?

J70

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 12, 2007, 05:20:16 PM
QuoteThats some record there!

Sorry to piss on your bonfire (very topical there!) but its the Dutch league. David Connolly got a rake of goals there too!

Perhaps so, but 24 goals in 11 matches is one hell of a strike rate, especially for a young fella.

Uladh

Quote from: J70 on July 13, 2007, 12:50:17 AM
Perhaps so, but 24 goals in 11 matches is one hell of a strike rate, especially for a young fella.

if it were true...

J70

Quote from: Uladh on July 13, 2007, 01:36:38 AM
Quote from: J70 on July 13, 2007, 12:50:17 AM

if it were true...

I take it it was 11 goals in 24 games then?

Which is still not bad for a young fella, even in the Dutch league! :P

Gabriel_Hurl

As i said a few posts above

Quoteit's more like 14 goals in 73 games

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 13, 2007, 05:38:25 AM
As i said a few posts above

Quoteit's more like 14 goals in 73 games

Was this error clarified with Rafa before he forked out the money? :P

Mentalman

Quote from: Balboa on July 12, 2007, 11:27:32 PM
Liverpool have a new Adidas training range out but i can only find it on Liverpoolfc.tv, they are always sold out, anyone know where else to get it?

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag_4_5/football/product_browse.aspx?cid=2330
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

brokencrossbar1

QuoteBABEL SIGNS FIVE YEAR DEAL
Paul Eaton 13 July 2007 

Liverpool have today confirmed the signing of Ryan Babel on a five year contract. 
The 20 year old Dutch international agreed the terms of his move from Ajax yesterday and will be officially unveiled as a Liverpool player alongside fellow new boy Yossi Benayoun this afternoon.

"I was in Aruba at the end of last week when I was told to start thinking about Liverpool because a move could happen," Babel said. "I have met Rafael Benítez and my conversation with him was the moment I knew the deal would get done.

"He is like the ideal father-in-law. He has a lot of football knowhow and he told me that I would be challenging with six other players for four positions. I have a good feeling about things.

"I met Dirk Kuyt at training, who I knew from the national team. At that moment he did not feel like a rival but I suppose that is what will happen.

"It was very important how the coach spoke to me, how I would fit in his team. After that conversation I knew it was the right decision."

Babel will wear the number 19 shirt at Anfield with Benayoun taking over the number 11 jersey.

So the deal is complete.  With Hicks saying that there will be one more siging before the new season starts the squad has its complete look for the season.  Finnan has also signed a 2 year extension to his contract.

Depending on who the final signing is the first team looks very strong with good back up.  One more defender and there will be complete cover for every position with players who have played at a very high level for a sustained period.  I hope they get Heinze as he is a serious player and will be much better this year than last and can only make Liverpool stronger.