The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Fuckin brilliant...Great preformance all round Thought Sissoko was excellent but the yellow card he has is a worry for future rounds if we get through
Riise took his goal well and great celebration from Bellamy
Come on the Pool ;D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Syd The Sailor

While basking in a great win my mind wandered back to when beloved Arsenal hammered us in The Rumbelows Cup or whatever its called now, that managerial heavyweight (sacked at Walsall) & cokehead Paul Merson was berating Benitez on Sky for picking a weak team. He said he had lost the plot and said all they had to play for now was the Barcelona matches, Jamie Redknapp piped up that Liverpool could beat Barcelona, at which point the smackhead started pishing himself laughing as if to say "they have no f**king chance".......I wonder does he even know what day it is today???
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

deiseach

Liverpool are going to get battered in the second leg

(Guess who's going to be there to bring his unique brand of hex?)  :-[

Armamike

Got a feeling Liverpool will win the return leg quite well.
That's just, like your opinion man.

J70

Very sweet win (keeping the tie alive was my primary wish!), but its far from over. Barcelona are well capable of coming to Anfield and getting the goals they need.

Rossie11

Funny game. Pool winning in the Nou camp and not playing well..
The tie is theirs to lose at this stage. Barca heads dropped when Pool got level, and as long as they didnt get blown away in the 1st half you always fancied Pool to get something out of game. There actually was a 3rd goal there if they were more positive.
They might get a fright or 2 in Anfield but shouldnt blow it.

Mayo4Sam

Excellent result last nite and looked like it could have been more at the end but lets not get greedy!
Thought Sissoko was phenomenal last nite, everywhere.
Reina looked dodgy out a few times but got away with it
Thought riise & bellamy both did reasonably well nad worked their socks off.
Can see an anxious second leg if barca get the first goal!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Fr Ted

To all those posters who come into this thread to have a go at the mighty reds 'up your fuckin holes'

Sweet sweet victory esp after all the recent who ha over the portugal trip.

According to Johnnie Giles Liverpool did'nt play well with the ball but played very well without it and still managed to beat the reigning CL holders, I'd love to know what he is on

Ethan Edwards

I didnt get to see the game, by all accounts we played very well, but how did Arbeloa play in is debut? good signing or not ?
That'll Be The Day

Mayo4Sam

Have to disagree with u there Ted, i didn't think Liverpool were overly impressive but really worked hard and harried barca, ronaldinho had 3 people on him everytime he got the ball

Arbelo was good without being fantastic, i would hold him, and not riise at fault for getting sucked into the middle for the goal
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

The Real Laoislad

Arbelo was marking someone though and Riise should really have been covering.Actually looking back on it Riise didn't have one of his better games either did Gerrard or Alonso for that matter.
Carragher was imense and Finnan didn't do much or you could say didn't do much wrong either..Agger wasn't in the game much either but maybe thats more of a testiment to how well Liverpool controlled the game.
Sissoko was excellent and i thought Kyut as per usual worked his socks off without being brilliant to the veiwing television public.Bit like Roy Keane you don't see the work he does until you see a match in person.
Bellamy played well too.Renia is a liability,He seems to lose concetration in the bigger matches,but in his defense he did make a great one on one save from Deco i think?I'd love to Shay Given come to Liverpool probably the most consistent goalie out there
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rossie11

Ted Giles was right Liverpool were poor. The didnt string any passes together and round the middle of 1st half they were getting swamped.The created good chances more out of Barcas shakey defending. It may be harsh to say but they are a better team without the ball.
Alonso wasnt in the game. Gerrard neither. Momo &  Bellamy were the best players and after a very shakey start Arbelo had a good 2nd half.

SuperDooperCooper

What a result, Beyond my wildest dreams to steal a Munster rugby phrase.
Have to agree that we didn't play that well but the spirit was there.
Reyna is not a championship winning goalie, he is terrible with crosses, I'd say he needs to come out more then he does and flaps at a cross....
Finnan was excellent, Carra outstanding, Agger solid, Arbelo marked Messi out of it.
Gerrard was in and out, Alonso was effective, Momo was MOTM,Riise didn't have his best game but got the winner.
Bellamy ran his heart out, a great game, finishing still not first class but attitude was last night. Celebration up there with Robbie snorting the goal line....
I'm going to buck the trend slightly with Kyut, I thought he was poor last night, his touch was terrible, never held up the ball, terrible miss on the header and poor control on the lead up to the goal.
Rafa take a bow a great team selection even if we did look under terrible pressure in the first 40 minutes.
One final point, Bara are some shower of diving and moaning bastards, touch them and they do down, Yellows should have been flashed for some dives like Ronnies dive in the box early on.
We picked up a fair few soft yellow card. Tie is a long way from being over though.

Syd The Sailor

Have to agree about Riise, has anyone else noticed that he just kicks the ball about 15 yards in front of him and runs like fcuk after it, he does not have the pace to do this & its a bit of a playground move anyway.....He gives the ball away so much. I cant see Barca being as bad again at Anfield.....
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

The Real Laoislad

Agreed about Barcelona diving Zambrotta was the worst at it
Does anyone else think Ronaldhino is overated? What actually makes a great player? Yes he has all the tricks and show boating but he does f**k all when it comes to team work he's a lazy f**ker really
You'll Never Walk Alone.